• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump makes video honoring fatally shot Capitol rioter Ashli Babbitt

C'mon man. He doesn't fit the narrative so you cancel him.

I forgot that cops never act in haste and kill people when they could have deescalated the situation. Just never could happen with these trained individuals.
In an active riot situation, that is not feasible.

C'mon man. He doesn't fit the narrative so you cancel him.

I forgot that cops never act in haste and kill people when they could have deescalated the situation. Just never could happen with these trained individuals.

Look, it's not like this is some he said/she said, where we have to rely on witnesses because nobody really saw what went down. And yes, there are times cops make a hasty choice. If the victims are lucky it's caught on camera and they will get justice. But this wasn't just some random street corner altercation between one individual and a couple of cops. This was a woman who had shown up at that door with a yelling screaming mob of people behind her. She was told to get down by a man who had his gun drawn on her. Her military experience alone should have made her heed that warning.

So his opinion is just that. It's not based on the reality the officers were up against that day.

Ashli Babbitt’s death is already political since the left openly celebrates it.

Donald Trump did not politicize her death, the left did by claiming she deserved it for non aggressive trespassing.

You have no evidence Trump is “hoping to gain an advantage” I think Trump wants justice for his slain supporter.

Whether or not Trump’s demand Ashli’s memory by honored and her killer face a trial is “good for the country” is irrelevant. But it is affirmatively good to demand this injustice be corrected and any negative that comes will be from the left, whom Trump cannot control

Trump wants to be POTUS again.
That's why he is doing this. He wants to drum up his base so they can all pretend the Democrats stole the election from them. It's all bs.

Biggest lie on earth but what's even bigger is that he cares anything about Ashli Babbit but what he can get out of it.

Have you watched the video in its entirity?
Truthfully I have not. I am a long way from being an expert on the events of January 6. I try and be somewhat middle of the road but we all know that's impossible. I understand your opinions on Sullivan and some what we agree, I just don't think his part in this should be ignored. We might even agree that he is one of the people that deserves an insurrection charge.

No need to fool anyone. My point has been made numerous times.

All I have gotten in response are attempts at justification, excuses, and sputtering about what word was misspelled.

Neither him nor Babbit is worthy of a statue or martyrdom.

Him meaning George Floyd just in case anyone is wondering who you meant. ;)

I agree full heartedly with you...

Him meaning George Floyd just in case anyone is wondering who you meant. ;)

I agree full heartedly with you...
The pronoun you should both have used for your posts was, "he", not, "him".

Just for future reference ;)

riot In an active riot situation, that is not feasible.
Perhaps better training is needed. Seems the last 2 or 3 years have been pointedly about cops shooting people.

Perhaps better training is needed. Seems the last 2 or 3 years have been pointedly about cops shooting people.
While that is indeed true, tell me, consideering the circumstances, what do YOU think should have been the response of the police officer protecting the congress members in that situation? Be explicit, and tell me what actions you think would have been appropriate? Remember, there were hundreds of other people behind her, and they had been chanting 'hang mike pence.

While that is indeed true, tell me, consideering the circumstances, what do YOU think should have been the response of the police officer protecting the congress members in that situation? Be explicit, and tell me what actions you think would have been appropriate? Remember, there were hundreds of other people behind her, and they had been chanting 'hang mike pence.

Very courageous of The Donald.

Here he is, the object of Dem prosecutors who want to bankrupt him and even imprison him.

Yet he is willing to stand up & offer his condolences to someone who was visiting the Capitol and was shot dead,

Kind of reminds me of those students who were shot dead during a protest against the war in Vietnam.

Those students could not stand the loss of American and Vietnamese lives.

And Ms. B. apparently just wanted to discuss with the members of Congress the possibility that the election was not as pure as the driven snow.

Here he is, the object of Dem prosecutors who want to bankrupt him and even imprison him.

Yet he is willing to stand up & offer his condolences to someone who was visiting the Capitol and was shot dead,

Kind of reminds me of those students who were shot dead during a protest against the war in Vietnam.

And Ms. B. apparently just wanted to discuss with the members of Congress the possibility that the election was not as pure as the driven snow.
How is it 'couragous' to do virtual signaling to say that the insurrection was ok?

LOL, did you just actually compare the insurrectionist scum to the Duke University shooting victims?

HAW HAW HAW

Wasn't Trump still leading the country when this happened? He's made a video about one of his own leadership failures? Seems stupid???.

Truthfully I have not. I am a long way from being an expert on the events of January 6. I try and be somewhat middle of the road but we all know that's impossible. I understand your opinions on Sullivan and some what we agree, I just don't think his part in this should be ignored. We might even agree that he is one of the people that deserves an insurrection charge.

You argue from ignorance.

That isn't an insult. You simply don't know and are depending on the (biased) opinion of others.

It was the textbook definition of an insurrection.

Whether or not people are charged with it is frankly irrelevant.

I have to quit trying to use this board on my phone.

"While that is indeed true, tell me, consideering the circumstances, what do YOU think should have been the response of the police officer protecting the congress members in that situation? Be explicit, and tell me what actions you think would have been appropriate? Remember, there were hundreds of other people behind her, and they had been chanting 'hang mike pence."

I wouldn't condemn the cop. I give him the benefit of the doubt that he did what he thought he had to, although when I watch the video he seems to be lying in wait. From the video I have watched, and that is not a lot, I didn't see anyone in imminent danger from Babbitt. There were a lot of armed police behind the crowd that we see in the video, and the rioters (whatever you want to call them) are not well armed.

I would not attempt to say what I would do in the situation. That's unfair to the policeman and unfair to me.

I do think this should be investigated, but a partisan committee in the house will serve little purpose. Pelosi would have been better served to allow Jordan and Banks on the committee rather than handpicking people who are against Trump and calling it bipartisan. From past experience we know that little justice ever comes from these political investigations.

Put the facts before a grand jury and let it decide, come what may.? I don't know. What do you think?

I also think the adjudication of the charged participants should have played out before the investigation began. Just my opinion.

So you asked and I answered.

You argue from ignorance.

That isn't an insult. You simply don't know and are depending on the (biased) opinion of others.

It was the textbook definition of an insurrection.

Whether or not people are charged with it is frankly irrelev
I have been called a nincompoop and ignorant. Lets go for the trifecta.

LOL, did you just actually compare the insurrectionist scum to the Duke University shooting victims?

HAW HAW HAW
I think he was comparing to Kent State, but who am I to correct such a brilliant thinker.

We're all responsible for our actions, they broke the law and deserved a proper response by law enforcement. It didn't happen or many more would
lay dead IMHO. In no country anywhere can sedition occur without a lethal, decisive response.

To think otherwise is to reside in some kind of la la land.
We all live in "la la land."

Back
Top Bottom