• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Makes Surprise Visit To MLK Memorial

noonereal

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Leaves After About 2 Minutes

That's our phony orange deity for you.

What a joke.

Which would have been better for you, in your opinion? Trump going, or not going at all?

Not going at all, obviously.

We all know he has no respect for others, especially blacks so why be so phony?

Which would have been better for you, in your opinion? Trump going, or not going at all?

Why should it be a choice between no visit and a visit where he left after two minutes without mentioning King's name?

Him being racist is an accusation, not a fact.

Like it or not (and I don't) Mr. Trump is the POTUS, and as such it is his responsibility to attend such events as visiting the MLK memorial on this day each year.

If he didn't go, he would be called racist (again) and no one would be happy.

Apparently Beaudreaux has as low an opinion as the rest of us have about what Trump is capable of and agrees that it would be impractical to expect better from Trump.

Why should it be a choice between no visit and a visit where he left after two minutes without mentioning King's name?

I asked him a question. I didn't want to write a question that had 4,000 variables, so 2 worked out just fine for me.

Leaves After About 2 Minutes

That's our phony orange deity for you.

What a joke.

Exactly. Conservatives don't have the brain cells to understand that.......because of them.......we get entertained daily. LMAO! They just don't have a clue and we know this because they continue to do it. LMAO!

I think he realized how big of a mistake he made by not visiting Arlington Cemetery on Veterans Day. It's hard for him to pretend like the other team hates America if he doesn't show up when it matters. Now we get to see him stand around for a couple minutes before leaving events.

Trump has largely brought the “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” narrative on himself, imo.

Him being racist is an accusation, not a fact.

Like it or not (and I don't) Mr. Trump is the POTUS, and as such it is his responsibility to attend such events as visiting the MLK memorial on this day each year.

If he didn't go, he would be called racist (again) and no one would be happy.

He didn't go last year and it was noted. That is why he went this year.

My point is that it's better to not go and be honest than to go and be phony.

He does not like being called out for what he is but what he did is insincere garbage worthy of less respect than not going at all.

BTW, there is not a person in the country that doe snot know he is a racist. It's a central theme of his popularity among the deplorables.

It's hardly an accusation.

He does not like being called out for what he is but what he did is insincere garbage worthy of less respect than not going at all.

BTW, there is not a person in the country that doe snot know he is a racist. It's a central theme of his popularity among the deplorables.

If Trump is racist (debatable) than half of the Democrats are racist as well. Do you remember all those racists attacks made by Democrats against Obama? Didn't Clinton say he was qualified as his butler?

I'm going to stick with saying that the President of the United States of America should at the very least show up at the MLK memorial on MLK day - at the very least. Regardless of who he or she is, or how they feel about King, or any other reason. The POTUS represents the country, all of the country.

Now, that said, I didn't know he didn't show up last year. That disappoints me, but it's just one more thing to add to the very long list of his actions that have truly disappointed me. Our POTUS should be better than that, but my expectations of the current one are so low that it doesn't surprise me.

The POTUS represents the country, all of the country.

No he doesn't!!!!!!!!

Have you not seen his actions since he has become President?

He is the first President that has ever looked to punish all those that are not his voters.

No other president has ever approached the office like this. He has no intention of being president to all of us. Come on man.

Trump has largely brought the “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” narrative on himself, imo.

Yes. He has spent his life specializing in being a jackass, spending next to no time in learning how to not act like a jackass, and now has no clue of how to proceed ... for the two minutes that he is willing to put into attempting to look like something other than a jackass.

But he had almost unlimited choices thanks to his father's wealth, and that's how he chose to be.

It was a photo op. Trump could care less about Dr. King and his legacy.

As soon as the media had enough photos and video footage, Trump was off to McDonalds for his hamberders.

My wife is shopping the white sales. Why do the white sales start on MLK day anyway?

Oh, Good one!

from Wikipedia- ”In 1878, John Wanamaker of Philadelphia department store fame decreed January to be the time for a "White sale." Bed linens, which were available in white only, were sold at a discount. This was done to increase sales for these items at a time of the year when sales were normally slow.

MLK birth 15JAN1929

Then, you woulda whined about that...lol

Back
Top Bottom