• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Losing Support Among Republicans

Luckyone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This story came out only 3 weeks ago:

Do Republicans love Donald Trump as they once did?

There are signs that some Republicans are less positive about him since the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol. But his base holds firm, and that might be all he needs if he seeks the GOP nomination in 2024.

Donald Trump of 2022 does not look quite like the Donald Trump of old. One indication of this change came with the release of a new poll from NBC News. Over the course of Trump’s presidency and since he left office, the poll has tracked attitudes of Republicans, asking them whether they see themselves mainly as supporters of Trump or mainly supporters of the party itself. On the eve of the 2020 election, 54 percent of Republicans and independents who lean Republican said they considered themselves more a supporter of Trump than of the Republican Party, compared with 38 percent who said they considered themselves more a supporter of the Republican Party. By January 2021, views were evenly divided, with 46 percent saying Trump and 46 percent saying the GOP.

The latest poll, released last weekend, shows a reversal in attitudes, compared with the pre-election 2020 survey, and a further decline from last January. Today, 56 percent of Republicans say they are more supporters of the party than of Trump, while 36 percent say they are more supporters of Trump than the party.

In 2020, 54% of Republicans were in favor of Trump rather than the party and now that number has changed to being 56% of Republicans are in favor of the party. That is a 16% change and that is not a small deal when you consider that means that of the 81 million registered Republicans, approximately 13 million have shifted their allegiance from Trump to party.

Trump is losing his charisma in the party. He is losing some of this:

TrumpGod.jpg

and he is becoming more of this:

trumpshootinghimselfinthefoot.jpg

Hopefully it's true and sticks. Then there's some hope.

On the other hand, Fox can get that support right back to him by alleging a cast liberal conspiracy to grow baby red potatoes on home soil, which everyone knows spreads communism, and Trump can then announce the Great War on Potato.

In 2020, 54% of Republicans were in favor of Trump rather than the party and now that number has changed to being 56% of Republicans are in favor of the party. That is a 16% change and that is not a small deal when you consider that means that of the 81 million registered Republicans, approximately 13 million have shifted their allegiance from Trump to party.

View attachment 67375883

View attachment 67375884
Since Trump IS the Republican Party, he's not hurting for support.

View attachment 67375883

View attachment 67375884
Biden is losing support amongst the WORLD. :ROFLMAO:

Another Trump-is-finished thread. What a surprise.

I still do not believe he will undertake the hardship of another campaign, but he seems to have fun jerking chains. I guess that proves he's a jerk.

View attachment 67375883

View attachment 67375884
Not surprising at all really

In REAL life, among NORMAL republicans I've seen nothing but less and less support for Donnie

it first started happening during his presidency
even more during his horrible handling of covid
then a lot more after he lost the election and he started the big lie and we all heard about his conversation
Finally, the biggest separation was after 1/6 and his comments and actions before and after it . . .

Normal Republicans can't stomach those things, many even have changed their own label to independent or moderate because of Donnie
many are also very quick to say they are republican or conservative but in the same breath make it clear they dont support Donnie though

🤷‍♂️

It is not surprising.
The GOP power base has to be looking for a new candidate for 2024.
It is hard to believe they want a twice impeached, morally and ethically corrupt candidate who will have multiple legal battles going on between now and 2024.

Until proven otherwise, Trump is the party luminary…

It is not surprising.
It is hard to believe they want a twice impeached, morally and ethically corrupt candidate who will have multiple legal battles going on between now and 2024.
It was hard to believe when Trump won in ‘16. Now, it’s just another day.

It was hard to believe when Trump won in ‘16. Now, it’s just another day.
2016 was a surprise but most now understand that Trump is, and always has been, a con artist and grifter.
He will still have his cult members support but that alone would not be enough to get elected again.

Oh look, you deflected back to Biden. How about commenting on the topic of Trump losing his standing with Republicans like me?
See the Emoji at the end. Lighten up.

View attachment 67375883

View attachment 67375884
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

It is not surprising.
So, except for the Kangaroo Court impeachments, doesn't this describe FauxJoe?

I still do not believe he will undertake the hardship of another campaign, but he seems to have fun jerking chains. I guess that proves he's a jerk.
You just stay nice and calm. I'm sure the NY AG has absolutely nothing for trump and therefore you, nothing to fear. Nothing at all.

Since Trump IS the Republican Party, he's not hurting for support.
Are you serious? He's already been dropped like a bad habit.

2016 was a surprise but most now understand that Trump is, and always has been, a con artist and grifter.
He will still have his cult members support but that alone would not be enough to get elected again.

The cult alone doesn't have enough votes to elect Trump. Anti-Trump Republicans can't get elected without the cult. What a delightful dilemma.

So, except for the Kangaroo Court impeachments, doesn't this describe FauxJoe?
LOL
Has Biden been impeached?
Does Biden have multiple civil lawsuits and criminal investigations underway?
This game the far right plays, 'well the left does the same thing', in defense of Trump is truly laughable.
I hope the GOP runs Trump again in 2024.
He lost by 7 million votes in 2020, 2024 would be even worse.
I don't think the GOP is that stupid.

Wait until he testifies it will really get bad. Captain stooge

Trump's base didn't save him in 2020. Nevertheless, if the dems want to keep the presidency, they'll need to find an extraordinary candidate in 2024 regardless of whoever is the rep nominee.

Trump is old, facing prosecution in multiple jurisdictions, and looking at bankruptcy. There are so many other options out there.

LOL
Has Biden been impeached?
Does Biden have multiple civil lawsuits and criminal investigations underway?
This game the far right plays, 'well the left does the same thing', in defense of Trump is truly laughable.
I hope the GOP runs Trump again in 2024.
He lost by 7 million votes in 2020, 2024 would be even worse.
I don't think the GOP is that stupid.
All the dull, cliched responses I expected.

View attachment 67375883

View attachment 67375884
The left can and will believe and make up whatever they want, (Trump Russia Collusion). They can also claim Trump is loosing support. However everyone knows the propaganda machine of the democrats runs wild and free 24/7. Thats how we got Trump Russia in the first place, Hillary campaign, left wing media, FBI/DOJ involvement. It's all evidenced by both Mueller's failed investigation and the subsequent and ongoing Special Counsel John Durham's investigation. The Durham investigation has already yielded 3 federal indictments and the bombshell filing last week of the infiltration of Trump campaign offices and Trump's white house by people working for the Hillary Clinton campaign.
Anyway, the republicans have always had disagreements with some Trump's bombastic rhetoric, but he is still the most popular potential candidate as of now for the 2024 race. But, hey, the left can keep hoping, dreaming, and concocting lies to feed to the media so the media can pump it out to those that hate Trump.

Trump may have been a jerk to some who are easy to go off the chain, but at least he understood America.

Back
Top Bottom