• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Losing Support Among Republicans

Trump is younger than Biden, facing investigation and/or possible investigations, and he has faced bankruptcy before and come back from it. Such hate.
Unfortunately for Trump, Karma does exist. Sometimes Karma comes in early and sometimes it comes late but Karma always comes ultimately. Karma is "reaping what you sow".

For example, what you call "hate for Trump" does exist and even if you think it is misplaced or wrong, the reality is that there are many people out there that want his fall to occur. When you have such a huge amount of negative feelings out there, those negative feelings are going to affect you at some point in a "negative" way. Negative feelings are one example of "Karma" because those feelings are not going to disappear and the more negative feelings are out there against you, more obstacles to success appear as well. Yes, you can overcome obstacles in life over and over again (as you correctly stated that Trump has done) but all it takes is one obstacle that you cannot overcome and you are done.

It is like a cat with 9 lives, if he puts himself in danger 10 times, his life ends.

Just this year alone (2022), Trump is facing more obstacles in one year than ever before. Evidently he is not adverse to the effects of negative feelings as he "lost" against Joe Biden.

Like Trump himself said:

He did lose and that could mean his 9 lives have now been spent.

I don't see Putin being that catalyst. Most Trumpsters are in love with him.
Yes, they do but more Americans hate him than love him. That is the definition of a catalyst. When more against you than for you occurs.

What?

Would you please explain what the Republican party was before Trump? Were they fakes? Wanna be Trumpers that were waiting for their idol to appear? That Reagan was a wanna be Trump person?
The people who controlled the Republican Party before Trump were the right wing of the DC Uniparty.

Now, the people who control the Republican Party are the Trump supporters.

One other question. Are the Republicans believers that their leader can change his allegiance between parties all the time and still be "the one and only representative of the party? Isn't that like saying that "a scorpion will not bite when the frog is helping cross the pond"? That you can believe what he says?

Donald Trump registered as a Republican in Manhattan in 1987; since that time, In 1999, Trump changed his party affiliation to the Independence Party of New York. In August 2001, Trump changed his party affiliation to Democratic. In September 2009, Trump changed his party affiliation back to the Republican Party. In December 2011, Trump changed to "no party affiliation" (independent). In April 2012, Trump again returned to the Republican Party.
At this point, it doesn't matter what Trump called himself before...he's the leader of the Republican Party now.

I don't see Putin being that catalyst. Most Trumpsters are in love with him.

There are many things that are 'different' about the modern political era, but this stands out. I cannot recall a time in American history when one of the mainstream parties was so motivated to defeat the other(s) that they sided with a foreign adversary.

The people who controlled the Republican Party before Trump were the right wing of the DC Uniparty.

Now, the people who control the Republican Party are the Trump supporters.

At this point, it doesn't matter what Trump called himself before...he's the leader of the Republican Party now.
Once again, you are making my point and the point of the OP.

Trump was NOT the Republican party before but he did become the party and now (according to the poll given), the party is starting to move away from him and back to the party itself.

and "no", the party is not Trump totally. Before, 54% if the Republicans were for Trump and 36% were for "the party". That has now shifted totally at 56% are now "for the party" and less than 38% are now for Trump.

What that means (just in case your mind cannot figure it out) is that you (personally) and Trump are seeing people leave the clan. Leave the "gang".

Simply stated, "the gang" does not have as many members as it had before. Yes, the members left (like you) support him fully but now the gang is smaller and as such, less able to "make things happen" like they did before.

It is like being in a battle with an enemy that now have more soldiers than you do. Before it was evenly matched but you now have 16% less soldiers. Can you still win? Yes you can but you need to remember that the last time you won 2016, the enemy had about the same amount of members as you did and the battle was barely won. It does not make sense to believe it is not going to be a lot harder to win this battle now than it was then.

As far as he "being the leader of the Republican party now", the numbers show that many have left his ranks.

Last edited:
You are right there. Not all America, but he understood that a huge part of a minority of Americans are racists, uneducated, empathy-free, and selfish. Nothing to brag about, IMO.

Aww, don't be so hard on the Democrats.

There are many things that are 'different' about the modern political era, but this stands out. I cannot recall a time in American history when one of the mainstream parties was so motivated to defeat the other(s) that they sided with a foreign adversary.

Ultimately, this is why Putin's "invasion" of Ukraine is already a success for him, no matter what happens now.

Millions of idiot Trumpster Americans support Putin more than they support the current President of the U.S.. How ****ing insane and tragic is that?

Once again, you are making my point and the point of the OP.

Trump was NOT the Republican party before but he did become the party and now (according to the poll given), the party is starting to move away from him and back to the party itself.

You are missing MY point.

1. Since Trump IS the Republican Party, it doesn't matter if people say they are for Trump or the Republican Party. Those are one and the same.

2. You can bet the farm that Republicans who say they are for the Republican Party are NOT moving back to supporting the old GOP Elite. They aren't sheep anymore.

Ultimately, this is why Putin's "invasion" of Ukraine is already a success for him, no matter what happens now.

Millions of idiot Trumpster Americans support Putin more than they support the current President of the U.S.. How ****ing insane and tragic is that?

What proof do you have that supports your claim?

🍿

You are missing MY point.

1. Since Trump IS the Republican Party, it doesn't matter if people say they are for Trump or the Republican Party. Those are one and the same.

2. You can bet the farm that Republicans who say they are for the Republican Party are NOT moving back to supporting the old GOP Elite. They aren't sheep anymore.
No, just slaves to a more evil and unpredictable master.

DeSantis is probably more electable then Trump as it is.
Primaries will sort it out

What?

Would you please explain what the Republican party was before Trump? Were they fakes? Wanna be Trumpers that were waiting for their idol to appear? That Reagan was a wanna be Trump person?

One other question. Are the Republicans believers that their leader can change his allegiance between parties all the time and still be "the one and only representative of the party? Isn't that like saying that "a scorpion will not bite when the frog is helping cross the pond"? That you can believe what he says?

Donald Trump registered as a Republican in Manhattan in 1987; since that time, In 1999, Trump changed his party affiliation to the Independence Party of New York. In August 2001, Trump changed his party affiliation to Democratic. In September 2009, Trump changed his party affiliation back to the Republican Party. In December 2011, Trump changed to "no party affiliation" (independent). In April 2012, Trump again returned to the Republican Party.

You know? I could say the same for me. My party affiliation has changed over 4 decades based on candidates, ideas, and policy.

Others will cling to a turd as long as it swims in the politically approved pool.

Just as I've been saying for two years. Good to be proven right.

Go watch that racist idiot Tucker Carlson constantly lick Putin's balls on Fox News. Fox News has become Russian state television.

Oh stop... Tucker Carlson is an entertainer, a political pundit. Not to be taken seriously...
Btw, you didn't prove your claim, so probably a good idea to stop lying now.

How about when the Dems poisoned US/Russian relations by employing the Russian ruse paid for by Hillary?

You know? I could say the same for me. My party affiliation has changed over 4 decades based on candidates, ideas, and policy.

Others will cling to a turd as long as it swims in the politically approved pool.

You might not know it, but Luckyone voted for the first time ever when Trump arrived on the scene.
Isn't that right, @Luckyone?

Oh stop... Tucker Carlson is an entertainer, a political pundit. Not to be taken seriously...

Yet, the Fox News producers keep allowing this crap on the air. Why is that?

There must be an idiot Trumpster market for it. It must be good business for Fox News.

Tuckers problem is he takes himself too seriously. laughing at his own "clever remarks"
He's very erudite and gets into the LW fascist practices -one of the few that have shown the unholy alliance of Big Tech and Dems by cancel culture,,,etc...
He's had a lot of non- Russiaphbes on that dont demonize but analyze Russia instead

But he's a dweeb to listen to -always has been I cant take much of him at one time

Go watch that racist idiot Tucker Carlson constantly lick Putin's balls on Fox News. Fox News has become Russian state television.

Tucker has a way of getting under peoples skins because he's spot on.

Except you all are now clinging to Russian turds as well, which is ****ing insane.

Tucker has a way of getting under peoples skins because he's spot on.

Why don't you just admit that you are one of the Trumpsters that I speak of -- you support Putin more than you support the current President.

Just admit it.

Back
Top Bottom