• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Losing Support Among Republicans

The left can and will believe and make up whatever they want, (Trump Russia Collusion). They can also claim Trump is loosing support. However everyone knows the propaganda machine of the democrats runs wild and free 24/7. Thats how we got Trump Russia in the first place, Hillary campaign, left wing media, FBI/DOJ involvement. It's all evidenced by both Mueller's failed investigation and the subsequent and ongoing Special Counsel John Durham's investigation. The Durham investigation has already yielded 3 federal indictments and the bombshell filing last week of the infiltration of Trump campaign offices and Trump's white house by people working for the Hillary Clinton campaign.
Anyway, the republicans have always had disagreements with some Trump's bombastic rhetoric, but he is still the most popular potential candidate as of now for the 2024 race. But, hey, the left can keep hoping, dreaming, and concocting lies to feed to the media so the media can pump it out to those that hate Trump.
Oh boy

Not surprising at all really

In REAL life, among NORMAL republicans I've seen nothing but less and less support for Donnie

it first started happening during his presidency
even more during his horrible handling of covid
then a lot more after he lost the election and he started the big lie and we all heard about his conversation
Finally, the biggest separation was after 1/6 and his comments and actions before and after it . . .

Normal Republicans can't stomach those things, many even have changed their own label to independent or moderate because of Donnie
many are also very quick to say they are republican or conservative but in the same breath make it clear they dont support Donnie though

🤷‍♂️
Unfortunately your positions are not held by the majority of the shrinking R Party. 31% identified as R's in 2.17, 24% currently
(https://news.gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx)

and

"More Republicans say they want Trump to run again in 2024 than say they want another candidate. It’s not clear how widespread the enthusiasm for another Trump presidential campaign really is. But it’s even less clear that there is any Republican who could deny him the nomination, at least as things now stand."

Trump may have been a jerk to some who are easy to go off the chain, but at least he understood America.
You are right there. Not all America, but he understood that a huge part of a minority of Americans are racists, uneducated, empathy-free, and selfish. Nothing to brag about, IMO.

Trump will never be the GOP candidate! - 2015
Trump will NEVER be elected President! - 2016
Trump is a Russian Agent! - 2017
Trump isn't even a millionaire! His empire is crumbling! - 2018
Trump is going to prison any day now! - 2019
We're going to put Trump in prison! - 2020
We're going to finally stop Trump once and for all! - 2021
Everyone hates Trump! - 2022
Trump about to fall apart any second now! - 2023
Trump Will NOT be elected EVER AGAIN! - 2024
Trump sworn in as 47th POTUS - 2025

The left can and will believe and make up whatever they want, (Trump Russia Collusion). They can also claim Trump is loosing support. However everyone knows the propaganda machine of the democrats runs wild and free 24/7. Thats how we got Trump Russia in the first place, Hillary campaign, left wing media, FBI/DOJ involvement. It's all evidenced by both Mueller's failed investigation and the subsequent and ongoing Special Counsel John Durham's investigation. The Durham investigation has already yielded 3 federal indictments and the bombshell filing last week of the infiltration of Trump campaign offices and Trump's white house by people working for the Hillary Clinton campaign.
Anyway, the republicans have always had disagreements with some Trump's bombastic rhetoric, but he is still the most popular potential candidate as of now for the 2024 race. But, hey, the left can keep hoping, dreaming, and concocting lies to feed to the media so the media can pump it out to those that hate Trump.
This OP had absolutely nothing to do with the left. It was a poll that is specifically taken of Republicans and their views on the party and of Trump. No Democrats involved.

I can understand why you would use any OP to criticize the left because you are a Republican and hate the left but in this particular case, your post is useless. Republicans are leaving Trump and going back to what the Republican party was before that incompetent and selfish man conman came into the scene. I guess the adage about "you can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but you Cannot fool all the people all the time?" is true.

You are right there. Not all America, but he understood that a huge part of a minority of Americans are racists, uneducated, empathy-free, and selfish. Nothing to brag about, IMO.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Your post goes to show how Americans are heading downhill in a big way. Stupidity becoming rampant.

Heck, even the great Roman Empire fell. Same things were happening then that are happening now.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
I don't hold my breath for anything. I fully understand how stupidity can gain majority status. Nonetheless, this adage has always been a true statement and it seems it is being proven to be true again.

"you can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but you Cannot fool all the people all the time"

Since Trump IS the Republican Party, he's not hurting for support.
What?

Would you please explain what the Republican party was before Trump? Were they fakes? Wanna be Trumpers that were waiting for their idol to appear? That Reagan was a wanna be Trump person?

One other question. Are the Republicans believers that their leader can change his allegiance between parties all the time and still be "the one and only representative of the party? Isn't that like saying that "a scorpion will not bite when the frog is helping cross the pond"? That you can believe what he says?

Donald Trump registered as a Republican in Manhattan in 1987; since that time, In 1999, Trump changed his party affiliation to the Independence Party of New York. In August 2001, Trump changed his party affiliation to Democratic. In September 2009, Trump changed his party affiliation back to the Republican Party. In December 2011, Trump changed to "no party affiliation" (independent). In April 2012, Trump again returned to the Republican Party.

You just stay nice and calm. I'm sure the NY AG has absolutely nothing for trump and therefore you, nothing to fear. Nothing at all.
Do I care?

Wait until he testifies it will really get bad. Captain stooge
Hold your breath.

Trump may have been a jerk to some who are easy to go off the chain, but at least he understood America.
Perhaps. he certainly did right by the country in terms of his job performance. Powerob and U&T cannot make that claim bout Biden.

I agree 100% with your statement. He understood totally that intelligence and common sense thinking has been lost and that greed and bias toward oneself is the #1 priority of a large amount of Americans. He understood that Respect, Honor, and Justice are no longer Important to Americans and that the U.S. is becoming a 3rd world party as far as knowledge and progress for the Nation is concerned.

He understood that the U.S. has become the "Me" party and no longer the "We the people" party.

I have to give him credit for that. He understood that we are now a nation of suckers that fall easy for the simplest con.

Sad but true.

2020 You forgot Trump loses to Sleepy Joe.

This story came out only 3 weeks ago:

In 2020, 54% of Republicans were in favor of Trump rather than the party and now that number has changed to being 56% of Republicans are in favor of the party. That is a 16% change and that is not a small deal when you consider that means that of the 81 million registered Republicans, approximately 13 million have shifted their allegiance from Trump to party.

Trump is losing his charisma in the party. He is losing some of this:

View attachment 67375883

and he is becoming more of this:

View attachment 67375884

The question that I have -- Are we any better off as a country if Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz, or Ron DeSantis is the GOP nominee in 2024? I would say no.

And Republican Presidential candidate in 2024 is going to be a serious danger to democracy in this country.

Trump is old, facing prosecution in multiple jurisdictions, and looking at bankruptcy. There are so many other options out there.
Trump is younger than Biden, facing investigation and/or possible investigations, and he has faced bankruptcy before and come back from it. Such hate.

Trump is younger than Biden,

Cognitively, Trump is a teenager, so you might have a point there.

facing investigation and/or possible investigations,

Right, but he's facing criminal investigations in jurisdictions he has little influence over (Fulton County, Georgia, for instance). Fani T. Willis isn't ****ing around.

and he has faced bankruptcy before and come back from it. Such hate.

He did, but this time he'll have to do it without accountants to sign off on his financial statements. Worse, anyone who invested money in anything to do with the Trump Organization can simply ask for their money back. After all, had they known the numbers were fake, they probably wouldn't have invested in the first place. They can literally just walk up to Trump Tower and say "Where's my money?"

The question that I have -- Are we any better off as a country if Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz, or Ron DeSantis is the GOP nominee in 2024? I would say no.

And Republican Presidential candidate in 2024 is going to be a serious danger to democracy in this country.
Yes, unfortunately our nation is in decline and I don't see any formula "at this time" that will get us out of it. Certainly neither Biden nor Harris is a solution and all the Republicans out there are formulas for aggravating the nation's condition.

I do fear (as I have felt and stated for many years) that was our nation needs is a major catastrophe that unites Americans to help each other against the disaster or against a common enemy.

Putin may be such a catalyst though at this time, it is not yet clear.

Yes, unfortunately our nation is in decline and I don't see any formula "at this time" that will get us out of it. Certainly neither Biden nor Harris is a solution and all the Republicans out there are formulas for aggravating the nation's condition.

I do fear (as I have felt and stated for many years) that was our nation needs is a major catastrophe that unites Americans to help each other against the disaster or against a common enemy.

Putin may be such a catalyst though at this time, it is not yet clear.

I don't see Putin being that catalyst. Most Trumpsters are in love with him.

Back
Top Bottom