• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump losing millionaire support

99percenter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...naires-even-republicans-poll-finds-2018-12-23

Just 34% of America’s millionaires — including just 62% of Republican millionaires — would vote to re-elect Trump, CNBC reported Sunday as part of its twice-a-year Millionaire Survey. That’s down sharply from the 45% of millionaires who said in the 2017 survey that they had voted for Trump in 2016.

Millionaires would rather pay higher taxes and vote for a dem than re-elect trump. Does this guy even have a base left besides racists?

Since 55% of millionaires apparently did not vote for Trump in 2016, I'm not sure how they can be considered part of the base.

Since 55% of millionaires apparently did not vote for Trump in 2016, I'm not sure how they can be considered part of the base.

many millionaires want to have a government with more power since these people figure its a tool they can use to control others.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...naires-even-republicans-poll-finds-2018-12-23

Just 34% of America’s millionaires — including just 62% of Republican millionaires — would vote to re-elect Trump, CNBC reported Sunday as part of its twice-a-year Millionaire Survey. That’s down sharply from the 45% of millionaires who said in the 2017 survey that they had voted for Trump in 2016.

Millionaires would rather pay higher taxes and vote for a dem than re-elect trump. Does this guy even have a base left besides racists?

many millionaires figure a bit higher taxes is worth paying if it gives them more access to government and more control over others

Do you think perhaps the rich ****s polled are hoping someone runs against trump in the primaries? Or maybe I should read your source :)

You have a point but seems like since 45% supported him, maybe many of them just held their nose for lower taxes. Doesn't seem like it will be the case again.

many millionaires want to have a government with more power since these people figure its a tool they can use to control others.

Or they see disaster unfolding.

many millionaires figure a bit higher taxes is worth paying if it gives them more access to government and more control over others

As a self-proclaimed millionaire, do you really want to make this argument?

The global super rich love their Democratic Party servants. Unlimited immigration to keep domestic wages low while promoting their foreign child labor sweatshops to suck out every last debt dollar out of the USA - while demanding the government pay enough welfare to Americans to prevent a revolution against them. Added to that is the trillions in profits from a never ending Cold War with Russia and promoting the USA being at war everywhere perpetually.

What's for the super rich not to love about the Democratic Party?

What's for the super rich not to love about the Democratic Party?

It's the billionaire Mercer family that bankrolls Breitbart. The Koch brothers donate tens of millions to GOP candidates and Super-Pacs.

Millionaires donated $107 million to Trumps inauguration. That's 2X+ what Obama received.

You should get your facts straight before spouting off.

Don't make up stuff to fit your narrative. Not voting to re-elect Trump does not mean voting Democrat. Not voting and choosing a third party are also an option.

Not attacking just wondering. In the first sentence you mention 32% of millionaires, then go on to say that is down from 45% of millionaires that voted for Trump. So is this a true apples to apples comparison or some network playing a game on people who don't catch the difference.

Something I think about all the time,how do people define the term millionaire. Many would simply say someone with assets over $1,000,000. I think that is overly simplistic. Someone with that amount of assets living in the NE with a house value of 300-400K and no pension is NOT living like an upper middle class person. I have always considered this an overly simply term used by politicians to divide the populace.

As a self-proclaimed millionaire, do you really want to make this argument?

of course I do, i know how many of them think. lots of them think a big government is a great idea. there are also economic reasons why some want more money concentrated in the hands of the government-because they deal with the government and that is more efficient for them than having to deal with lots of entities that have less resources. it you say have a million items to sell, its easier selling all of them to the federal government than a thousand to a thousand different buyers

A small change is no big deal, but a large change is FASCISM. Gov't run by and for Big Business. We're already too close to that threshhold.
/

Not attacking just wondering. In the first sentence you mention 32% of millionaires, then go on to say that is down from 45% of millionaires that voted for Trump. So is this a true apples to apples comparison or some network playing a game on people who don't catch the difference.

Something I think about all the time,how do people define the term millionaire. Many would simply say someone with assets over $1,000,000. I think that is overly simplistic. Someone with that amount of assets living in the NE with a house value of 300-400K and no pension is NOT living like an upper middle class person. I have always considered this an overly simply term used by politicians to divide the populace.

I see it as someone who either earns at least a million a year or could come up with a million in cash without totally selling everything they own if they had to. its more accurate. Lots of farmers driving 15 year old cars and one bad crop or cattle disease away from bankruptcy have a million in assets

A small change is no big deal, but a large change is FASCISM. Gov't run by and for Big Business. We're already too close to that threshhold.
/

well the solution to your fears is NOT ONE that concentrates more power and wealth in the hands of a few politicians

I see it as someone who either earns at least a million a year or could come up with a million in cash without totally selling everything they own if they had to. its more accurate. Lots of farmers driving 15 year old cars and one bad crop or cattle disease away from bankruptcy have a million in assets

I really think that in the NE even having 1 million in liquid assets is not really enough to call yourself well off or even OK. RE taxes by themselves are often in the 15-20K range. Would say anything less than 3 million would earn you a lower middle class lifestyle. Perhaps a bit different in Cinn.

Wishing you and your family a great holiday.

well the solution to your fears is NOT ONE that concentrates more power and wealth in the hands of a few politicians

The solution is to invigorate LOCAL Infrastructure instead of dumping monies into the top and expecting the mythical "Trickle down." No such thing as trickle down. It trickles up and that is why the 1% equity is way up compared to the equity of the 99%.
/

I really think that in the NE even having 1 million in liquid assets is not really enough to call yourself well off or even OK. RE taxes by themselves are often in the 15-20K range. Would say anything less than 3 million would earn you a lower middle class lifestyle. Perhaps a bit different in Cinn.

Wishing you and your family a great holiday.

thanks, you too. our local FBI office is filled with agents on their last assignment (normally your first assignment is totally involuntary, your last is one you often choose) because the federal pension goes pretty far here in SW Ohio.

The solution is to invigorate LOCAL Infrastructure instead of dumping monies into the top and expecting the mythical "Trickle down." No such thing as trickle down. It trickles up and that is why the 1% equity is way up compared to the equity of the 99%.
/

compound interest and stocks are why the majority of the top one percent gets richer.

compound interest and stocks are why the majority of the top one percent gets richer.

Yes, and if the equity of the 1% goes up while the equity of the 99% goes down, it is a numerical billboard that there is a flaw in the system. Don't fight it, just acknowledge it.
/

Yes, and if the equity of the 1% goes up while the equity of the 99% goes down, it is a numerical billboard that there is a flaw in the system. Don't fight it, just acknowledge it.
/

I don't buy the "pie is limited" or zero sum game claims

I don't buy the "pie is limited" or zero sum game claims

Not only is the Pie limited, but a slice or two disappeared last week.
/

Back
Top Bottom