• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump loses bid to delay handover of tax returns to NY prosecutor

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Trump loses bid to delay handover of tax returns to NY prosecutor - Reuters

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A federal judge on Friday denied Donald Trump’s request to delay allowing the Manhattan district attorney to obtain his tax returns while the U.S. president appeals.
=========================================================
Perfect timing.

How so? From your article, you obviously haven't read, ...
"Trump’s tax returns are unlikely to become public before the Nov. 3 presidential election."

"The legal battle and grand jury secrecy rules make it unlikely the tax returns will become public before November’s election, where Trump is seeking a second term."

"Trump’s tax returns are unlikely to become public before the Nov. 3 presidential election."

"The legal battle and grand jury secrecy rules make it unlikely the tax returns will become public before November’s election, where Trump is seeking a second term."

Who cares if they're not made public? Lawyers will get to see them, and they're the people who matter. If they're made public subsequent to the election and Trump loses, he's in for a world of litigation hurt. They're lining up already...

Trump is afraid there is illegal activity in his tax returns.

That's reason enough for me to want to see them.

and isn't that all that matters. having a public servant break tradition and not show us his taxes after you guys preached for decades that all politicians are dirty/sleazy. it's just so comical to watch. the massive flip flop on THIS sleazy politician is epic.

btw, it was announced just today that Biden and Harris will NOT be releasing their tax returns. you guys have allowed this.

Who cares if they're not made public? Lawyers will get to see them, and they're the people who matter. If they're made public subsequent to the election and Trump loses, he's in for a world of litigation hurt. They're lining up already...

I refuted the O/P's assertion that releasing them is "perfect timing". To me, the o/p implied the financial records/taxes will be released prior to the election and will hurt Trump.

Now as for what you have said, don't count your chickens before they hatch. The president is given the presumption of innocence just like every other citizen.

and isn't that all that matters. having a public servant break tradition and not show us his taxes after you guys preached for decades that all politicians are dirty/sleazy. it's just so comical to watch. the massive flip flop on THIS sleazy politician is epic.

btw, it was announced just today that Biden and Harris will NOT be releasing their tax returns. you guys have allowed this.

strawman fallacy.
Stop with the you guys ad hom.
I've never said that all politicians are dirty and sleazy.

Good for Biden and Harris keeping their tax returns private. There is NO law that says they must release them.... It's their property and the public has no right to see them.

I refuted the O/P's assertion that releasing them is "perfect timing". To me, the o/p implied the financial records/taxes will be released prior to the election and will hurt Trump.

Now as for what you have said, don't count your chickens before they hatch. The president is given the presumption of innocence just like every other citizen.

That may be so; but you have to admit he has what we in Britain call 'form'. I believe you call it a 'rap sheet'? The guy has been flouting the law for decades-and hasn't always got away with it. In view of that I suggest there's every reason to be suspicious of his refusal to release his tax returns (despite earlier promises to do so).

strawman fallacy.

Good for Biden and Harris keeping their tax returns private. There is NO law that says they must release them.... It's their property and the public has no right to see them.

So let the powers that be see them. I have no personal interest in looking at a bunch of forms. You're right, there is no law mandating their release, but tradition and common courtesy has seen EVERY president until Trump revealing his fiscal records. The question should be why isn't Trump revealing his?

Trump is afraid there is illegal activity in his tax returns.

That's reason enough for me to want to see them.

Yup..

Or maybe Donald Trump always does things legally.

Hahahaha

strawman fallacy.

everyone knows there is no law. the "sleazy" politicians decided decades ago to let the American people look at their tax returns (as an added safeguard in case any candidate was dirty). your boy broke that tradition.

but i'm sure Trump is totally clean. that's just who he is.

Back
Top Bottom