• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump Loses all his Senate support after the Election.

His support from the GOP will go up in smoke after the election because nothing will tie them to Trump. His support is only in the fact that Trump has the power right now to blackmail them into supporting him.

That's regardless of whether Trump wins or not. So if he wins, he's be powerless to continue his insanity.
The GOP created this monster. I dont believe he is blackmailing these senators into supporting him, he is the culmination of a base cultivated by both the southern strategy and faux news. Its ******ing time the entire party owns this mess.

Trump may be losing some GOP support before the election.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said he agreed it is "unacceptable" not to condemn white supremacists after President Donald Trump sidestepped a question about denouncing the Proud Boys during the first presidential debate.

McConnell joined a number of Senate Republicans who said Trump should have directly denounced white supremacy at the debate Tuesday.

Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C. the chamber's lone Black Republican. said earlier Wednesday he thinks Trump "misspoke" when he answered the question.

"I think he misspoke, I think he should correct it. If he doesn't correct it, I guess he didn't misspeak," Scott said.

McConnell said he agreed with Scott.

Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, often a Trump critic, said Trump should have condemned white supremacists as did Sen. Bill Cassidy, R-La.

They still need him to pass any legislation that comes to his desk. I don’t think its ever happened but there’s nothing saying the sitting president can’t support the opposing party.
You may recall during Obama's tenure, the decision was to oppose him in ALL matters. This led to times where the republican senators and congress critters had to do a 180 on legislation they supported and even sponsored prior to Obama's election because Obama would say "Yeah, I can get behind that." This all began way back in the Bush I and Clinton eras when the word "compromise" became a profanity under the GOP. The idea was I would rather starve than share half a loaf with my enemy.

His support from the GOP will go up in smoke after the election because nothing will tie them to Trump. His support is only in the fact that Trump has the power right now to blackmail them into supporting him.

That's regardless of whether Trump wins or not. So if he wins, he's be powerless to continue his insanity.
That would be unlikely in the event Trump wins re-election.

If Trump wins that means his ideas have a lot of support around the nation. If Senators and congressmen did what you are claiming, they would be putting themselves at risk of being replaced by those voters.

You may recall during Obama's tenure, the decision was to oppose him in ALL matters. This led to times where the republican senators and congress critters had to do a 180 on legislation they supported and even sponsored prior to Obama's election because Obama would say "Yeah, I can get behind that." This all began way back in the Bush I and Clinton eras when the word "compromise" became a profanity under the GOP. The idea was I would rather starve than share half a loaf with my enemy.
There were times during the Obama era that he got substantial
Support from Republicans when Democrats weren’t so enthusiastic.

Pfft they should own this mess... ****in cowards.

Its a rather odd end to the party of Lincoln. The party welcomed the confederacy into its arms during the Nixon administration then the confederacy took complete control. I often say that Trump is the completion of the southern strategy, now they are at the death of the euphamism.

Back
Top Bottom