• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump lied...ISIS wasn't defeated and is on the rise again....

Moot

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
"The Islamic State (IS) terror group is reorganising and ramping up its guerrilla-style attacks in Syria and Iraq, the United Nations’ counter-terrorism chief has warned, adding that the crisis unleashed by coronavirus could make it easier to recruit a new generation of jihadists.

More than 10,000 IS fighters remain at large in Iraq and Syria, more than two years after the militant group's claimed defeat, Vladamir Voronokov, the head of the UN’s Counter-Terrorism Office said...."

Islamic State ramping up attacks in Iraq and Syria, says UN counter-terror chief

Withdrawal of US troops in Syria strengthened ISIS resurgence, DOD watchdog says

Last edited:
"The Islamic State (IS) terror group is reorganising and ramping up its guerrilla-style attacks in Syria and Iraq, the United Nations’ counter-terrorism chief has warned, adding that the crisis unleashed by coronavirus could make it easier to recruit a new generation of jihadists.

More than 10,000 IS fighters remain at large in Iraq and Syria, more than two years after the militant group's claimed defeat, Vladamir Voronokov, the head of the UN’s Counter-Terrorism Office said...."

Islamic State ramping up attacks in Iraq and Syria, says UN counter-terror chief

Who cares?

This is a problem for Syria, Russia and Turkey, now.

If ISIS is "reorganizing and ramping up", it's because those three countries are letting it happen.

Who cares?

If ISIS is "reorganizing and ramping up", it's because those three countries are letting it happen.

You don't think these jihadists won't target American Soldiers?

Trump to Withdraw U.S. Forces From Syria, Declaring ‘We Have Won Against ISIS’

You cannot defeat an idea, as long as there are people alive who still adhere to it.

What you can defeat is their organized, occupying, militia/military groups, and kick them out of power and control of territory.

That's what Trump did. :coffeepap:

Who cares?

Trump cares...he's running his campaign on it. Just yesterday at the RNC convention he said ISIS was defeated.

I suspect the military cares, too. Trump shamed them and after his failed response to Putin's bounty on their heads...I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Bonespurs lost the military vote. .

You cannot defeat an idea, as long as there are people alive who still adhere to it.

What you can defeat is their organized, occupying, militia/military groups, and kick them out of power and control of territory.

That's what Trump did. :coffeepap:

Tell that to Mr. Bonespurs. And no, he didn't defeat them...he ran away and abandoned our allies in the region.

Who cares?

Trump cultists: “who cares about terrorism and national security?”

Next time ISIS supporters conduct an attack in the US, I wonder if that will be your reaction?

Nah, you’ll probably just blubber something about Obama and try and bury your head even deeper in the sand.

Trump cares...he's running his campaign on it. Just yesterday at the RNC convention he said ISIS was defeated.

I suspect the military cares, too. Trump shamed them and after his failed response to Putin's bounty on their heads...I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Bonespurs lost the military vote. .

He did defeat them.

I suspect the military is happy to not being in Syria anymore.

Trump cultists: “who cares about terrorism and national security?”

Next time ISIS supporters conduct an attack in the US, I wonder if that will be your reaction?

Nah, you’ll probably just blubber something about Obama and try and bury your head even deeper in the sand.

Our nation is secure. Syria...well, that's Syria's problem.

Who cares?

Yes because they will use ISIS to advance their interests like Putin has always done. Want to bet they start attacking the Kurds and Americans in the Syrian oil fields?

Tell that to Mr. Bonespurs. And no, he didn't defeat them...he ran away and abandoned our allies in the region.

(Sigh) Typical.

Give a responsible reply, and in return? I get the same old ad hominem/ emotional appeal response.

This is why I find myself participating less and less in this Forum.

(Sigh) Typical.

Give a responsible reply, and in return? I get the same old ad hominem/ emotional appeal response.

Getting tired of your same old ad hom fallacies and hypocrisy, as well.

Gee, I hope you weren't expecting me to beg you to stick around. :roll:

(Sigh) Typical.

They don't all just regurgitate talking points. ;)

Our nation is secure. Syria...well, that's Syria's problem.

Right up until an ISIS supporter blows something up again.

But hey, who cares about the lives of Americans when you can fluff Donnie Draft Dodger’s ego, right? :roll:.

Right up until an ISIS supporter blows something up again.

But hey, who cares about the lives of Americans when you can fluff Donnie Draft Dodger’s ego, right? :roll:.

We don't need to put boots on the ground in Syria to protect Americans.

Let Syria and their Russian buddies protect Syria.

Tell me...have you always been a warmonger? I used to be one, too...until I saw how the globalists wanted wars to go on and on and on. Now, I want the US to stay out of other people's wars.

We don't need to put boots on the ground in Syria to protect Americans.

Let Syria and their Russian buddies protect Syria.

Tell me...have you always been a warmonger? I used to be one, too...until I saw how the globalists wanted wars to go on and on and on. Now, I want the US to stay out of other people's wars.

Have you always not given a **** about national security, or is that just a side effect of mindlessly supporting your Dear Leader and his betrayal of our allies?

The Assad regime is too busy dropping chemical weapons on everyone who doesn’t support them to “protect Syria”.

Have you always not given a **** about national security, or is that just a side effect of mindlessly supporting your Dear Leader and his betrayal of our allies?

The Assad regime is too busy dropping chemical weapons on everyone who doesn’t support them to “protect Syria”.

What makes you think I don't give a **** about national security? Why do you think Trump doesn't give a **** about national security?

And tell me...why should I give a **** about Assad and Syria?

Withdrawal of US troops in Syria strengthened ISIS resurgence, DOD watchdog says

Yeah, but ISIS is just the JV team.

Yeah, but ISIS is just the JV team.

You mean the JV team that turned the right wing into sniveling cowards and inspired the Patriot Act?

remember when Republicans screamed about ISIS and how critical it was that we destroy them/their infrastructure.

now, go back and re-read this thread and see what Republicans say now.

Not to worry. Trump will have four more years to deal with ISIS. And deal he will.

Not to worry. Trump will have four more years to deal with ISIS. And deal he will.

Trump said they were defeated...he lied.

I'm not worried...people who had a stroke don't live long. He'll be lucky to survive another year.

Trump said they were defeated...he lied.

I'm not worried...people who had a stroke don't live long. He'll be lucky to survive another year.

Nice dream you're having. We promise we'll wake ya when it's all over.

Back
Top Bottom