• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump lied -200,000 dies.

KLATTU

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Despite Media Uproar, Trump Repeatedly Warned Of Coronavirus 'Plague'

Democrats and legacy media continue to capitalize on their latest manufactured “bombshell” to drop from veteran Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward. The claim is that Woodward’s audio recordings of interviews with President Donald Trump released days ahead of his book indict the president with gross malpractice. But that’s false.
April. Here’s a transcript of Trump’s remarks during coronavirus task briefing on March 21, emphasis added:

We’re going to win with as few lives lost as possible. That’s the game: Win with as few lives lost as possible. It’s a tough enemy. It’s a tough killer. Far bigger, far more vicious than ever before.

Here’s the president again on March 31, emphasis added:

It’s a matter of life and death, frankly. It’s a matter of life and death. … I want every American to be prepared for the hard days that lie ahead. We’re going to go through a very tough two weeks. … But this is going to be a very painful — a very, very painful two weeks. When you look and see, at night, the kind of death that’s been caused by this invisible enemy, it’s incredible. I was watching, last night, Governor Murphy of New Jersey say ’29 people died today,’ meaning yesterday, and others talking about numbers far greater. … As we send planeloads of masks and gloves and supplies to the communities battling the plague — and that’s what it is; this a plague — we also send our prayers.

Wow,really sounds like he's downplaying it,huh?

Democrats and legacy media continue to capitalize on their latest manufactured “bombshell” to drop from veteran Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward. The claim is that Woodward’s audio recordings of interviews with President Donald Trump released days ahead of his book indict the president with gross malpractice. But that’s false.
April. Here’s a transcript of Trump’s remarks during coronavirus task briefing on March 21, emphasis added:

We’re going to win with as few lives lost as possible. That’s the game: Win with as few lives lost as possible. It’s a tough enemy. It’s a tough killer. Far bigger, far more vicious than ever before.

It’s a matter of life and death, frankly. It’s a matter of life and death. … I want every American to be prepared for the hard days that lie ahead. We’re going to go through a very tough two weeks. … But this is going to be a very painful — a very, very painful two weeks. When you look and see, at night, the kind of death that’s been caused by this invisible enemy, it’s incredible. I was watching, last night, Governor Murphy of New Jersey say ’29 people died today,’ meaning yesterday, and others talking about numbers far greater. … As we send planeloads of masks and gloves and supplies to the communities battling the plague — and that’s what it is; this a plague — we also send our prayers.

So we maxed out at 15 cases and then it magically disappeared?

Yes, I think the multiple times he said "two weeks" it was downplaying it to the extreme . It's almost 6 months later and we controlled it for ****.

63,000 cases/ 3,800 deaths on March 31st and 6.65 million cases/ 197K deaths by today September 17th. <- That is the result of 'not downplaying' it to you? :shock:

Is COVID-19 the "new Democratic hoax"? Or a "phony virus" that disappeared by August?

It has been a rough “two weeks!”

So we maxed out at 15 cases and then it magically disappeared?

The *minute* he started babbling about “good” death totals, you knew his cult would embrace any number. And didn’t all of our stomachs drop at that moment.

200k dead Americans and they’re still trying to shill. Still trying to obfuscate.

PS: The Federalist on top of that? BWAHAHAAH

Yes, I think the multiple times he said "two weeks" it was downplaying it to the extreme . It's almost 6 months later and we controlled it for ****.

63,000 cases/ 3,800 deaths on March 31st and 6.65 million cases/ 197K deaths by today September 17th. <- That is the result of 'not downplaying' it to you? :shock:

Two weeks is the incubation period.

Yes, for just a few weeks after March 16, Trump recognized this virus was bad. Then he went back to it being a nothingburger. Remember how he wanted to open up by Easter? Then Liberate messages and all the rest.

P.S. Remember also during those couple weeks he said 100,000 deaths would be a "good job"? Well, we are at 200,000 now and growing...

Last edited:

This was just another anti-Trump media manipulation to paint the president in a bad ligh

This was just another anti-Trump media manipulation to paint the president in a bad ligh

Uh, he literally said, on tape, that he downplayed it. Or do you not even believe him when he incriminates himself now... :lol:

Sorry, Trix, but Trump requires no help from the "anti-Trump media" to make himself look like a worthless asshole. But, hey, keep blaming whatever helps you sleep at night... ;)

Trump has exactly one person to blame for the light he is painted in.

This was just another anti-Trump media manipulation to paint the president in a bad light. How dare he not want to panic us...He knew this was bad because Dr. Fauci told us that the president listens to what he has to say. Dr. Fauci, by the third week of March was on the same page as the president.

Woodward has become just another political hack. If what he learned in that interview was so important he had the duty to speak about it back then. Instead he waits six weeks before the election to go public with another of his stupid tabloid books.

Uh, he literally said, on tape, that he downplayed it. Or do you not even believe him when he incriminates himself now... :lol:

Sorry, Trix, but Trump requires no help from the "anti-Trump media" to make himself look like a worthless asshole. But, hey, keep blaming whatever helps you sleep at night... ;)

The above comes from someone who said our president's death would be worth celebrating.
I'll give your opinion all the credit it deserves.

:sarcasticclap:

The above comes from someone who said our president's death would be worth celebrating.
I'll give your opinion all the credit it deserves.

:sarcasticclap:

:lamo awww, look at you acting like what you think about my opinion matters to me.

Uh, he literally said, on tape, that he downplayed it. Or do you not even believe him when he incriminates himself now... :lol:;)

Well- you might have had a point if hadn't very publicly NOT downplayed it.

. Here’s a transcript of Trump’s remarks during coronavirus task briefing on March 21, emphasis added:

Care to explain that?

Here he is on April 4, emphasis added:

This will be probably the toughest week between this week and next week. And there’ll be a lot of death, unfortunately, but a lot less death than if this wasn’t done. But there will be death.

Here’s Trump the next day on April 5, emphasis added:

Driven by the goal of the brightest minds in science — we have the brightest minds in science, but we’re driven by the goal of getting rid of this plague, getting rid of this scourge, getting rid of this virus.

Again on April 6, emphasis added:

… patients that were affected with this horrible disease or whatever — the plague — because, frankly, it’s a plague. That’s exactly what it is. You’d read about it in the old days. The plague. And that’s exactly what it is.

So that's what you call downplaying it???

Well- you might have had a point if hadn't very publicly NOT downplayed it.

. Here’s a transcript of Trump’s remarks during coronavirus task briefing on March 21, emphasis added:

Care to explain that?

Covid-19: Trump downplayed coronavirus danger, Bob Woodward book reveals

“I wanted to always play it down,” Trump told Woodward in mid-March, CNN reported. “I still like playing it down, because I don’t want to create a panic.”

LAFF RIOT

Here he is on April 4, emphasis added:

This will be probably the toughest week between this week and next week. And there’ll be a lot of death, unfortunately, but a lot less death than if this wasn’t done. But there will be death.

Here’s Trump the next day on April 5, emphasis added:

Driven by the goal of the brightest minds in science — we have the brightest minds in science, but we’re driven by the goal of getting rid of this plague, getting rid of this scourge, getting rid of this virus.

Again on April 6, emphasis added:

… patients that were affected with this horrible disease or whatever — the plague — because, frankly, it’s a plague. That’s exactly what it is. You’d read about it in the old days. The plague. And that’s exactly what it is.

So that's what you call downplaying it???

Yes. Repeating on APRIL 5th we're getting rid of it when the cases were rising was downplaying it. On APRIL 6th acting like we got the plague going on then by APRIL 17th we get "LIBERATE" tweets when people were shutting down because of said plague to try and get rid of it, is like the definition of downplaying it. He was flip flopping "it's bad, it's going away" hard around that time. Don't excuse that bull**** because a lot of people followed the "it's going away" path and it just kept spreading. Good God, have some ****ing standards for America - we should be number 1 at controlling it, no??
And don't come at me with the China baloney because other people were able to control what China couldn't.

COVID outcomes update: Health and employment impacts in the US compared to other countries

The data on new viruses and caseloads in the U.S. and the other OECD countries indicate the following:

Overall virus cases per capita in the U.S. are now over four times higher in the U.S. than in the average high-income OECD country, while total deaths per capita are over twice as high; and

That is not uplaying and the result of downplaying. Spin it up all you want.

More downplaying

ain on April 6, emphasis added:

April 7, emphasis added:

… one day, they said, ‘You got to close it down. Close the country,’ because we have to get rid of the plague. And that’s exactly what we had, is a plague.

And here is Trump referring to the virus as a “plague” during a meeting with recovered COVID patients on April 14., the day after the Woodward call about which it is claimed that deploying that term to describe the virus has become big news.

This is a rough — a rough plague. I call it the ‘plague.’ I call it the ‘scourge.’ I call it whatever you want to call it. It’s rough. It’s bad.

Back
Top Bottom