• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump leaves press pool behind at National Christmas Tree lighting

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
President Donald Trump has abruptly left behind his eyes and ears on the ground. The press pool is not with the President. The President offered no explanation, and will not be doing anymore events tonight.

There seems to be three ongoing rumors as to why:

1. President Trump has had a medical emergency.
2. The Russian War with Ukraine is heating up and they are preparing a massive military response to it.
3. Something happened with the Mueller Investigation.

There's a fourth stated reason from the WHCA as simply a "logistical glitch." The WH has not responded.

President Trump on Wednesday departed the National Christmas Tree lighting event without White House staff notifying a pool of reporters assigned to monitor the president's movements of his whereabouts following a logistical mixup.

I'm not buying the logistical mix up theory. Unless he is simply trolling the press, or practicing for an escape. He's been President for two years, and the people who make his scheduling have all been there for at least two years. They know what's up. They know how to do their jobs.

My bet: two seems most likely.

President Donald Trump has abruptly left behind his eyes and ears on the ground. The press pool is not with the President. The President offered no explanation, and will not be doing anymore events tonight.

2. The Russian War with Ukraine is heating up and they are preparing a massive military response to it.

There's a fourth stated reason from the WHCA as simply a "logistical glitch." The WH has not responded.

I'm not buying the logistical mix up theory. Unless he is simply trolling the press, or practicing for an escape. He's been President for two years, and the people who make his scheduling have all been there for at least two years. They know what's up. They know how to do their jobs.

Why don't you post your "My bets" in CT and save many the trouble of suffering through this :bs?

Or he could just be behaving like the coward that he is and didn't want to face the media.

Trump.... responding to Russia with military force? Surely you jest?

4. He likes to tweak the noses of the press and watch the hyperventilation of the libs.

Seriously, who cares if the press doesn't go with him?

They inform the press of the President's movements as a courtesy. Someone dropped the ball - look up Occam's Razor.

I hope it is for something petty and silly.

I think the most likely reason is that Trump knew if he did this, you would rush to your computer and type out another "I hate Trump" thread.

Actually, that would be a boon for Putin. Really galvanize the public behind him.

But rocket88, isn't everything a boon to Putin in the end?

If Trump sanctions Russia, the Russian people rally behind Putin. Thus a boon to Putin.

If Trump gives military equipment and aid to Russia's opponents in places such as the Ukraine, the Russian people rally behind Putin. Thus a boon to Putin.

If Trump does absolutely nothing, then Russia operates with a free hand and dominates its geopolitical region. Thus a boon to Putin.

What could Trump possibly do that would not end up being a boon to Putin?

Why don't you post your "My bets" in CT and save many the trouble of suffering through this :bs?

The left is so disheartened about Trump still being president that they have to post nonsense like this. Next up: Trump had to go to the bathroom and left the press behind.

But rocket88, isn't everything a boon to Putin in the end?

If Trump sanctions Russia, the Russian people rally behind Putin. Thus a boon to Putin.

If Trump gives military equipment and aid to Russia's opponents in places such as the Ukraine, the Russian people rally behind Putin. Thus a boon to Putin.

If Trump does absolutely nothing, then Russia operates with a free hand and dominates its geopolitical region. Thus a boon to Putin.

What could Trump possibly do that would not end up being a boon to Putin?

That's where it gets tricky. I think Trump's mostly been doing ok, except for his obsequious performance in Helsinki.

Perhaps Trump is wrapping the Ukraine up with a bow on top for his buddy Vlad.

Amazing that Trump supporters cannot understand what the press pool is, and why it is unlikely that they were unintentionally left behind.

Members of the protective press pool — a group of reporters assigned to remain with the president and document his activities — indicated shortly after 6:30 p.m. that Trump had returned to the White House without any warning or comment from staffers.

Reporters were briefly held at the Ellipse outside the White House without any immediate indication of where the president had gone. They were later notified that Trump had returned to the White House via motorcade without the press pool in tow.

If Trump likes his "private time" so much he should go back to private life.

Amazing that Trump supporters cannot understand what the press pool is, and why it is unlikely that they were unintentionally left behind.

If Trump likes his "private time" so much he should go back to private life.

Word is DOJ notified Trump's legal team about Cohen's plea deal Wednesday Night....Now we know why he left the ceremony abruptly. It wasn't because he was trolling the press like the Trump supporters would like us to believe. It's because he was scared and potentially hiding stuff from them.

Back
Top Bottom