• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump Leads Biden By 1 Point In National Popular Vote: Most Accurate Pollster In 2016 Election

ReubenSherr

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
The polling firm which called the 2016 Trump/Clinton race most accurately (Hillary +1.7, actual results Hillary +2.1) now shows Trump WINNING the national popular vote by 1 point, according to a poll just released.

Even taking Rasmussen with a grain of salt, this is not good news for Biden.

White House Watch - Rasmussen Reports(R)

"The new national telephone and online survey finds the president with a 47% to 46% lead over Biden among Likely U.S. Voters. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate, while four percent (4%) remain undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

The race has narrowed over the past two weeks. Biden had a two-point lead last week, but that survey also marked the first time Trump had edged above 45% over the past two-and-a-half months."

This is going to cause lots of upset at DP! :doh

They will scream... Rasmussen!

Rasmussen is always higher for GOP candidates than the other national polls.

That's why Trumpers constantly use its numbers. It's the FOX of polling.

As is the normal routine for the left, they've overplayed their hand. The violence spawned by their proxies hasn't been well received by likely voters. Neither has the democrat leaders' refusal to stop it been viewed favorably. It's a wonder these idiots remember to breathe.

So, they let the dogs out. It'll be interesting to see if they can round 'em back up anytime soon. If they do manage that, it'll be a clear indication that the rioters and looters operate at their direction. Nothing gets these leftists to move like an unfavorable poll.

ABC/Post was more accurate in 2016 and they last had Biden up by 12. Want to start a thread on that poll now?

As is the normal routine for the left, they've overplayed their hand. The violence spawned by their proxies hasn't been well received by likely voters. Neither has the democrat leaders' refusal to stop it been viewed favorably. It's a wonder these idiots remember to breathe.

So, they let the dogs out. It'll be interesting to see if they can round 'em back up anytime soon. If they do manage that, it'll be a clear indication that the rioters and looters operate at their direction. Nothing gets these leftists to move like an unfavorable poll.

Weird that if this BLM antifa gay transgender terrorist violence was so terrifying to "likely voters" that Biden is still polling so much higher than Trump. Guess you can't really fit that into your little rant so you didn't want to mention it.

Rasmussen.

:lol:

There is no reason to think Democrats support any type of violence. Republicans lie every time they say Democrats want riots out of desperation, knowing riots begin as legal peaceful protests against violent crimes.

Oh, well, if Rasmussen says it, then Trump has nothing to worry about in November. :lol:

There is no reason to think Democrats support any type of violence. Republicans lie every time they say Democrats want riots out of desperation, knowing riots begin as legal peaceful protests against violent crimes.

Exactly!

Anyway, every single poll I've checked has Biden way ahead of the 'Oh Fake Pumpin". One thing to keep in mind, this ain't 2016.

Interesting that your scenario blames Democrats no matter what happens. They've refused to stop the protests (except in the 99.99% or so of the country that have no ongoing protests) and if they do stop them, it means the rioters are part of a DEMOCRAT DEEP STATE plot, or something.... So it's nice that no matter what happens with protests in the weeks ahead, it's evidence of Democrats' failures or proof they colluded with them!

Did Hannity spin this bull**** last night or what? Seems like his kind of garbage, although to be fair to right wing nutjobs, there's a bunch of them capable of this kind of terrible, dishonest argument. The recently put on leave DHS guy was spewing similar BS the other night, and he was forcefully moved out of the public eye, but he came up with this somewhere. It's a problem for the rest of us who aren't in the CT nutter loop.

Rinnnggg

Rinnnngggg

Hello?

Hello sir, I'm calling from Pol Pot University polling, can I ask you some questions?

Uh, well my neighbor had their car set on fire because they had a "Trump 2020" bumper sticker. And the little girl a block over was beaten by a bunch of adults when she wore a MAGA hat. And the people up the street had all their windows broken because they had a Trump sign in their yard. And my wife had her name, address, and the names of our children published by Jack Dorsey on Twitter, who encouraged ANTIFA to rape her and the children because she praised the middle east peace deal - but sure, I'll take your poll..

Last edited:

I see plenty of reasons, but you should probably read a recent opinion in the Atlantic which assures more violence if Trump wins. I'd post a link, but I don't remember the author's name, and I'm to lazy to search. I have clothes to wash... Out back, on the rocks in one of the streams.

???

Completely false.

ABC had Clinton +3.0. Rasmussen had Clinton +1.7.

She won the popular vote by +2.1.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton

Rasmussen Reports Calls It Right - Rasmussen Reports(R)

Rasmussen had 45% Clinton, 43% Trump, 4% Johnson, 2% Stein.

ABC/Post had Clinton 49% Trump 46%.

The actual breakdown was 48% Clinton 46% Trump.

ABC/Post was more accurate.

ABC/Post had Biden +12 as of last nationwide poll they conducted. Would you like to start a thread on that?

Here's an academic paper by Panagopoulos et al that shows the accuracy of pollsters that predicted the 2016 race. Would you like to start a thread on how these pollsters are polling the 2020 election? Here's a few for you:

Marist Biden +11
ABC/Post Biden +12
IBD/TIPP Biden +8

Last edited:
Trump just doesn't poll well. The fact that his numbers are moving up are a clear sign that:

A. The American public is sick of media lies....and

B. They are not liking the prospect of voting for a senile sack of potatoes for President.

Weird that if this BLM antifa gay transgender terrorist violence was so terrifying to "likely voters" that Biden is still polling so much higher than Trump. Guess you can't really fit that into your little rant so you didn't want to mention it.

Yep. I didn't mention why Biden rushed doen to Florida only to step on his dick, either.

Rasmussen had 45% Clinton, 43% Trump, 4% Johnson, 2% Stein.

ABC/Post had Clinton 49% Trump 46%.

The actual breakdown was 48% Clinton 46% Trump.

That's an interesting way to look at it lol.

However, Rasmussen more accurately predicted Hillary's margin of victory over Trump, in terms of the popular vote.

Go ahead and take Rasmussen with a grain of salt.

However, the numbers are clearly moving in Trump's direction, in nearly every poll. RCP is down to Biden +6.2, the lowest margin he's had since May.

Also, the latest ABC poll on RCP is from over a month ago, and it had Biden +10, on 8/12. I don't see any ABC polls that have Biden +12, at least not on RCP.

Last edited:
Interesting that your scenario blames Democrats no matter what happens. They've refused to stop the protests (except in the 99.99% or so of the country that have no ongoing protests) and if they do stop them, it means the rioters are part of a DEMOCRAT DEEP STATE plot, or something.... So it's nice that no matter what happens with protests in the weeks ahead, it's evidence of Democrats' failures or proof they colluded with them!

Did Hannity spin this bull**** last night or what? Seems like his kind of garbage, although to be fair to right wing nutjobs, there's a bunch of them capable of this kind of terrible, dishonest argument. The recently put on leave DHS guy was spewing similar BS the other night, and he was forcefully moved out of the public eye, but he came up with this somewhere. It's a problem for the rest of us who aren't in the CT nutter loop.

Fortunately, the voting public isn’t buying this obvious smear. Trump’s narrative is, “the country is going to hell on my watch, that’s why you must re-elect me.”

I'm sure the rioters and looters are all Trump supporters. The entire democrat effort since Trump was inaugurated has been to spread chaos and dissention. The violence your folks have spawned is just more of the same. It's obvious. You've now atooped to extortion.

"You'll Never Believe Which Polling Firm Showed Trump Ahead In A National Poll"

-Nate Silver

:lol:

Trump just doesn't poll well. The fact that his numbers are moving up are a clear sign that:

A. The American public is sick of media lies....and

B. They are not liking the prospect of voting for a senile sack of potatoes for President.

We've been hearing for months that "his numbers are moving up". It's not going to happen man, just face it.

Back
Top Bottom