• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump lawyers ask judge to kill Democrats' bid to seize tax returns

But the same law says they cannot release said records beyond the committee without permission!
they can provide it to the court, if a law has been broken and they can change laws based on their findings...that doesn't require the public having it.

Hang on

Hasn't Donald Trump already released his tax returns? He promised the Republican base he would on numerous occasions and he's not a liar.

I actually don't think the Dems should continue fighting for his tax returns. For what purpose at this point? It looks very politically motivated. Let the Cyrus Vance deal with it criminally in NY State.
Trumps tx returns demands have always been politically motivitated.

they can provide it to the court, if a law has been broken and they can change laws based on their findings...that doesn't require the public having it.
No they cannot, the law is clear, to release records of an individual beyond the committee they must have the permission of that individual!

But the same law says they cannot release said records beyond the committee without permission!
They aren't asking to and you sound massively scared that the public will see Donald Trump's tax records.

Why?

They aren't asking to and you sound massively scared that the public will see Donald Trump's tax records.

Why?
Actually I could care less about Trumps records.
I am more concerned about the bad precedent that could be set!

Trumps tx returns demands have always been politically motivitated.
It's almost like candidates voluntarily showed the public their tax records for decades and decades and decades and decades so the public would have more information when deciding who they want to vote for.

Then the crooked businessman from New York came along, said he was going to release them, lied about it over and over and here we are.

Donald Trump will fight tooth and nail to hide everything about his businesses because he's like the mafia.

You voted for Donald Trump and you're worried about setting bad precedents?

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Do you understand that because of people’s hate of Trump, they could set a trap that would limit the actions of all future presidents?

Do you understand that because of people’s hate of Trump, they could set a trap that would limit the actions of all future presidents?
If that means ensuring they can't abuse the office the way Trump did the limitations would be well worth it!

The precedent of following a law that has been followed THOUSANDS of times since enacted? The horror…. The only thing unprecedented is the executive branch under Trump refusing to follow the actual law.

If that means ensuring they can't abuse the office the way Trump did the limitations would be well worth it!
Sorry, the proof that the mechanics of our republic work, is that Trump was voted out of office!

The precedent of following a law that has been followed THOUSANDS of times since enacted? The horror…. The only thing unprecedented is the executive branch under Trump refusing to follow the actual law.
Which law is the executive branch not following?

No they cannot, the law is clear, to release records of an individual beyond the committee they must have the permission of that individual!
the law says they cannot make them public...that doesn't mean they cannot persue law enforcement activity...and they can direct the IRS prosecute him.

Sorry, the proof that the mechanics of our republic work, is that Trump was voted out of office
Unfortunately millions and millions of your fellow Americans did not see his defeat as your republic working. That aside what his presidency exposed, assisted by Barr, was the fact that some enforceable limitations on presidential powers are necessary.

so you were okay with the bad precedent of Trump not releasing his Tax Returns.

and you were okay with the bad precedent of a candidate talking about grabbing women by the *****.

and you are okay with the bad precedent of a President getting on Social Media and lying and insulting Americans daily.

and you're okay with the bad precedent of an attempted insurrection.

and it's peachy and not a bad precedent of trying to overthrow a peaceful and fair election.

but you draw the line when people lawfully review a person's tax returns.

that's just too funny.

Think of the position Trump has put this federal court.. He is asking a federal court to intervene where there is no longer a controversy now between the executive and legislative branches. He is asking the federal courts to order the executive branch to violate the law.

the law says they cannot make them public...that doesn't mean they cannot persue law enforcement activity...and they can direct the IRS prosecute him.
The IRS would have prosecuted him already had the audit detected illegal actions!

Such as the bad practices set by violators with high influence, money and official power?

Lets do a what if. What if Pres Biden withheld his tax returns (going back 8 years?) beginning at the time he campaigned to be our president - promised the people to release them but never does (lie after lie) that raises very high suspicions of illegal activities that possibly endangers our nation's security. Ask me if his tax returns should be obtained by Congress and eventually released to the public (FOIA) to further judge the character of a potential future president of the United States. My answer: Hell yes I demand to see Pres Biden's tax returns for the last (up to) 8 years! More importantly, Congress gets to see them!

The IRS would have prosecuted him already had the audit detected illegal actions!
Not if the current Commissioner of the IRS is (S/I/T) Trump pal/appointee Charles P. Rettig since Oct 1, 2018 preceded by interim IRS Commissioner, Nov. 13, 20117, David Kautter - director of Ernst & Young LLP’s who was selling the rich tax shelters.

You don't know that...it wasn't the IRS that went after Al Capone either...it was the NYDA and it was also the same thing that brought down Manley Sullivan in South Carolina...in neither of those cases did the IRS go after them...it was the federal district attorney. Also, Trump spent 4 years that he could neither be arrested or tried for a criminal act.

Not if the current Commissioner of the IRS is (S/I/T) Trump pal/appointee Charles P. Rettig since Oct 1, 2018 preceded by interim IRS Commissioner, Nov. 13, 20117, David Kautter - director of Ernst & Young LLP’s who was selling the rich tax shelters.
And Biden’s new person has full access already!

Back
Top Bottom