• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump lawyer van der Veen says his house was attacked, he's faced death threats

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Michael van der Veen, one of former President Trump’s defense attorneys during the Senate impeachment trial, said on Saturday that his home has been attacked and that he’s recently faced death threats.

Following Trump's impeachment trial, during which the Senate voted to acquit the former president, van der Veen detailed the damage done to his home during the proceedings.

“My home was attacked. I'd rather not go into it because it would encourage other people to do it more, but you know, I've had nearly 100 death threats,” van der Veen said, according to a pool report.

An absolute disgrace. This man is just doing his job. Do these people hate the American justice system that much?

An absolute disgrace. This man is just doing his job. Do these people hate the American justice system that much?
Sure. But this is how the Marxist left operates. Through violence and intimidation. I'm pretty sure they were behind the Capitol riots.

Sure. But this is how the Marxist left operates. Through violence and intimidation. I'm pretty sure they were behind the Capitol riots.

No, it's not limited to one group. We have had this happen to people from both parties because you have nutters of all political stripes.

Do you even understand irony?
Who ransacked the capitol and killed police?
The Marxist left organized it, then lured others into it. Exactly like they did at Charlottesville.

I suspect he's lying. It would not be the first lie he told.

No, it's not limited to one group. We have had this happen to people from both parties because you have nutters of all political stripes.
While there may have been some on the right who took the bait, I believe the masterminds, orchestrators, and planners of the violence were from the left. They've done it before. This is what they do.

Agree, disgraceful and indefensible. However, who is to say it wasn't one of the Trump supporters who breached the Capitol? He threw them under the bus during the trial, he called them criminals acting on their own and not at the direction of Trump. He disavowed them and said Trump disavowed them. Must have ticked them off to know they were used by Trump.....and they have already demonstrated their tendency to be violent.

Yeah, that's crossing the line AND it's exactly the kind of thing RW terrorists do, which is why we should not be copying them, if it turns out that's who's responsible.

His defence was so appalling they were probably Trumpnuts!
Defense is spelled with an 's' here in America, mate. And we Americans don't appreciate you slurring the American majority Trump supporters.

Typical Biden bros, threatening violence to someone participating in an impeachment. Awful, but typical.

While there may have been some on the right who took the bait, I believe the masterminds, orchestrators, and planners of the violence were from the left. They've done it before. This is what they do.

I believe I can fly, but the laws of gravity disagree with my belief. Similarly, you believe "the masterminds, orchestrators, and planners of the violence were from the left" while many of the people arrested and who publicly posted their criminal activities are not leftists.

I believe I can fly, but the laws of gravity disagree with my belief. Similarly, you believe "the masterminds, orchestrators, and planners of the violence were from the left" while many of the people arrested and who publicly posted their criminal activities are not leftists.
Look at who's doing the arresting, mate. The same deep state thugs who lied to FISA judge and spied illegally on Trump

Were the people chanting "HANG MIKE PENCE!" also Biden bros?
:unsure:
I don't know. Maybe? Not sure who you're referring to. Not really the topic of the thread, unless your argument is that it's ok and good to threaten impeachment lawyers because some other people threatened the VPOTUS?

so is threatening people bad again?

Look at who's doing the arresting, mate. The same deep state thugs who lied to FISA judge and spied illegally on Trump

Who is doing the arresting doesn't change what the people were arrested doing; the beauty of it is some of those arrested helped make that possible by posting their actions on social media; a rather daft thing to do old chap.

Defense is spelled with an 's' here in America, mate. And we Americans don't appreciate you slurring the American majority Trump supporters.

I'm not in your Amerikkka, I 'm not your mate.Trump supporters are a slur on humanity. Biden is your President.

I don't know. Maybe? Not sure who you're referring to. Not really the topic of the thread, unless your argument is that it's ok and good to threaten impeachment lawyers because some other people threatened the VPOTUS?

Nope, this behavior is bad across the board. I was responding to the comment you made about this being specific to "Biden bros", which it is not. We have seen death threats against politicians on both sides of the aisle over the past few years and none of that should be acceptable in a country which takes pride in being a nation of laws.

Nope, this behavior is bad across the board. I was responding to the comment you made about this being specific to "Biden bros", which it is not. We have seen death threats against politicians on both sides of the aisle over the past few years and none of that should be acceptable in a country which takes pride in being a nation of laws.
Well then, I'll call out violent Biden Bros, and others, whenever I see them, without worrying about your whataboutisms.

I suspect this is coming from trump supporters due to his completely comical presentation if this was a anonymous vote trump would have lost bigger than biggly...

Back
Top Bottom