• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump lawyer Michael Cohen's book....

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
In new book, former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen describes alleged episodes of racism and says president likes how Putin runs Russia

5f5347d77ed0ee001e25db4b

9/5/20
President Trump’s longtime lawyer and personal fixer, Michael Cohen, alleges in a new book that Trump made “overt and covert attempts to get Russia to interfere in the 2016 election” and that the future commander in chief was also well aware of Cohen’s hush-money payoff to adult-film star Stormy Daniels during that campaign. In the book, “Disloyal: A Memoir,” which was obtained by The Washington Post ahead of its Tuesday publication date, Cohen lays out an alarming portrait of the constellation of characters orbiting around Trump, likening the arrangement to the mafia and calling himself “one of Trump’s bad guys.” He describes the president, meanwhile, as “a cheat, a liar, a fraud, a bully, a racist, a predator, a con man.” The memoir also describes episodes of Trump’s alleged racism and his “hatred and contempt” of his predecessor, Barack Obama, the nation’s only African American president. On Russia, Cohen writes that the cause behind Trump’s admiration of Russian President Vladimir Putin is simpler than many of his critics assume. Above all, he writes, Trump loves money — and he wrongly identified Putin as “the richest man in the world by a multiple.” Trump loved Putin because the Russian leader had the ability “to take over an entire nation and run it like it was his personal company — like the Trump Organization, in fact.”

He also recounts Trump’s “low opinion of all black folks.” claiming that Trump once said while ranting about Obama, “Tell me one country run by a black person that isn’t a s---hole. They are all complete f---ing toilets.” After South African President Nelson Mandela died in 2013, Trump said he did not think Mandela “was a real leader — not the kind he respected,” Cohen writes. Instead, Cohen writes that Trump praised the country’s apartheid-era White rule. Before winning the presidency, Trump held a meeting at Trump Tower with prominent evangelical leaders, where they laid their hands on him in prayer. Afterward, Trump allegedly said: “Can you believe that bulls--t? Can you believe people believe that bulls--t?” “The cosmic joke was that Trump convinced a vast swathe of working-class white folks in the Midwest that he cared about their well-being,” Cohen writes. “The truth was that he couldn’t care less.” Cohen also depicts Trump as being crude toward women, including inadvertently commenting on Cohen’s then-15-year-old daughter as she finished up a tennis lesson: “Look at that piece of a--,” Trump said, according to Cohen. “I would love some of that.”

Cohen describes the president as “a cheat, a liar, a fraud, a bully, a racist, a predator, a con man.”

Donald Trump hasn't changed. Over the past four years we have seen exactly what Donald Trump is all about.

https://twitter.com/helenkennedy/status/1302430808259600386?s=21

“Trump held a meeting at Trump Tower with prominent evangelical leaders, where they laid their hands on him in prayer. Afterward, Trump allegedly said: ‘Can you believe that bull****? Can you believe people believe that bull****?’”

- Michael Cohen

7FB4E6EB-558C-489E-B364-1F3262E099D5.jpg

In a new book...

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd stop reading!

It has a lot of bad, but not as much as I expected.

i won't be giving Cohen any money. i already know that Tweety is a comic book bad guy.

So if I wrote a book and said in it that Joe Biden kills dogs, you'd believe it?

Funny how every single person who says something reflecting negatively against Trump must be an Obama Deep State Plant conspiring with the rest of existence to victimize Trump, and everyone who isn't a Trumpist.

I'm sure it makes perfect sense that everyone decided to throw their careers away to victimize Trump and only Trump. I'm sure that makes sense. I haven't heard the reason why this would all happen to Trump and only Trump, but I'm sure you've got a double-secret reason why it makes sense that it should.

Funny how every single person who says something reflecting negatively against Trump must be an Obama Deep State Plant conspiring with the rest of existence to victimize Trump, and everyone who isn't a Trumpist.

Again I ask. How many people have to say the same things about the guy before they start thinking that it just might be true?

How many times did you call Cohen a liar, while he was working for Trump?

Probably as many times Trump said he was his personal attorney and a great guy.

Again I ask. How many people have to say the same things about the guy before they start thinking that it just might be true?

If Trump does not sell autographed copies of DVDs of him saying a thing, he didn't say it. And if he does, he was just being sarcastic and is owning the libtards by putting out the DVD.

Them's the rules.

Guess there will be like multiple threads on this........ I know there are 2 now.
My post from the other one.

Here we go...... Weeks of stupid excerpts from the book that federal prisoner Cohen wrote.

Michael Cohen is a felon who lied to Congress and disbarred lawyer.
Cohen was also charged by the US attorney's office Manhattan, with tax fraud and false statements to a bank.
He plead guilty to the charges.

He is hoping to make lots of money with his book sales.

Guess there will be like multiple threads on this........ I know there are 2 now.

Here we go...... Weeks of stupid excerpts from the book that federal prisoner Cohen wrote.

Cohen was also charged by the US attorney's office Manhattan, with tax fraud and false statements to a bank.

Cohen and the other woman who wrote the Melania book are both cooperating with law enforcement.

He will and I hope it's tons. He is where he is mostly because he was loyal to Trump. Hence the title. Sure he had some of his own problems, but he was taught by the best.

I hope he makes 20 Million and ends up testifying against Trump and crew in criminal court. That would be the best pay off of all.

TBH, Cohen did go from, “ I’d take a bullet, “ to rolling over@ warp speed, sounds familiar,,,,,,,

No because you have never met Joe Biden in your life. What a dumb question.

I did meet Joe Biden. Or maybe I didn't. No one except me knows the truth.

The same goes for what any asshole writes in a "Tell All" book. Unless these jokers have hard proof, no one knows the real truth.

Cohen and the other woman who wrote the Melania book are both cooperating with law enforcement.

Conehead is a useless cooperating witness, having been busted for perjury. That kills his credibility.

Conehead is a useless cooperating witness, having been busted for perjury. That kills his credibility.

He is supplying documents with his testimony and remember he perjured himself protecting his co-conspirator.

There's been a handful of salacious revelations already from this book and some of them sound frankly far fetched. In the end it's just the word of a fellow bull****ter trying to sell books. Remember the whole reason he got sent to jail was lying to the court in the first place, before they choked the truth out of him. Now he has copies to sell, there's nothing to stop him going back to his old ways.

So what have we heard?

1. He's said blacks and evangelicals are stupid. Probably, sounds like Trump, but also sounds like Cohen trying to sound like Trump.

2. He said creepy things about Cohen's teenage daughter. Sounds like Trump again, we've got him on tape and multiple counts in other cases. Again though, Cohen knew that so could be just adding another log.

3. He's said Trump hired an Obama lookalike to 'berate' and filmed a video 'firing' him. Frankly this one beggars belief. It's up there with the pee-tape, so unless the video comes out, I'm not buying it. Trump's petty but he's not actually going to put that much work in when surely he could just tweet. If there's one thing we've learned over the first term is he is monumentally lazy too.

It seems that Cohen is trading on Trump's well-earned public image and the things he's known to have said in the past, to sell some lurid tales of his own that 'sound like Trump' but could also be embellishments and fabrications. At best he's preaching to the choir.

For once this excuse is useful.

First the qualifier: He committed perjury to protect himself and Trump and was forced to fess up in court when he got convicted. So his earlier perjury cannot be used as an excuse to cancel out his later guilty plea because the courts won't tolerate him lying either way. Moreover then which one was the lie: did he purjor himself when he protected Trump, which makes him a liar (and therefore trump guilty), or did he lie the second time round when he fessed up? They can't both be true and they can't both be lies, so the trumpies have themselves a little conundrum.

Now the useful part: Cohen's earlier willingness to lie in court does prove he's a man of low character and that when the authorities aren't choking the the truth out of him, he probably cannot be trusted. This is why I'd take his book's salacious allegations with a pinch of salt. Some sounds a lot like Trump - some of it is too 'good' to be true.

Back
Top Bottom