• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Launches 'Patriotic Education’ Commission, Calls 1619 Project 'Ideological Poison’

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Here we go again with right wing cons being guilty of whatever they accuse others for. Trump Re-education camps on "patriotic education". Apparently we were all stupid because we didn't know about how the airports were siezed during the revolutionary war.

Trump Launches 'Patriotic Education’ Commission, Calls 1619 Project 'Ideological Poison’

President Trump on Thursday announced several measures aimed at promoting what he called “patriotic education” while blasting progressive efforts at re-examining American history through a race-critical lens as “toxic propaganda.”

Trump also called out what he said is “left-wing indoctrination” in schools and curriculum, which he claimed “views every issue through the lens of race" in an effort to impose “tyranny” and “a new segregation.”​

Go eat up all that red meat cultists.

Here we go again with right wing cons being guilty of whatever they accuse others for. Trump Re-education camps on "patriotic education". Apparently we were all stupid because we didn't know about how the airports were siezed during the revolutionary war.

President Trump on Thursday announced several measures aimed at promoting what he called “patriotic education” while blasting progressive efforts at re-examining American history through a race-critical lens as “toxic propaganda.”

Trump also called out what he said is “left-wing indoctrination” in schools and curriculum, which he claimed “views every issue through the lens of race" in an effort to impose “tyranny” and “a new segregation.”​

IMO? It may not be "Patriotic" poison, but my review of it indicates it is propagandized revisionist history. Solely designed to tear down American Idealism and replace it with divisive social shame on behalf of racist grievance politics.

Next up: re-education camps.

This is Trump's answer to the Ministry of truth.

What exactly is wrong with the 1619 project and critical race theory?

Conservatives seem to prefer false rainbows and unicorns being blown up their asses rather than acknowledging any realistic history.

IMO? It may not be "Patriotic" poison, but my review of it indicates it is propagandized revisionist history. Solely designed to tear down American Idealism and replace it with divisive social shame on behalf of racist grievance politics.

Point out SPECIFICALLY what's incorrect in the 1619 project. Don't worry, we won't hold your breath because that will actually require you to do critical thinking.

Propagandized? the current History is pure propaganda designed to sell American idealism. What's wrong with the truth?

Trump will protect the white race

Propagandized? the current History is pure propaganda designed to sell American idealism. What's wrong with the truth?

Really?

How do you know it is "the truth?"

Have you studied history and achieved some academic expertise? Or do you have a "layman's" understanding...which is typically whatever you've come across in grade school, required social studies classes, and maybe some basic reading?

Basically, how do you KNOW this "new version" of history is not as big a pile of "propaganda" as you accuse "current history" of being?

Last edited:
Trump will protect the white race

Non sequitur. :naughty

What's that got to do with anything in this thread or I have ever posted?

You've been here long enough to know I am not "white," so my arguments have nothing to do with "being white."

They are about rationality, seeking truth, opposing propaganda in ANY form.

Really?

How do you know it is "the truth?"

Have you studied history and achieved some academic expertise? Or do you have a "layman's" understanding...which is typically whatever you've come across in grade school, required social studies classes, and maybe some basic reading?

Basically, how do you KNOW this "new version" of history is not as big a pile of "propaganda" as you accuse "current history" of being?

basically the current history is a white washed version of what happened. Study up on history from different perspectives.

Welcome to Assistant Presidents SStephen Miller and Bill disBarr.

basically the current history is a white washed version of what happened. Study up on history from different perspectives.

I actually already have a graduate degree in American History. I have "studied up" from different "perspectives." I have also reviewed the 1619 Project. I stand by my opinion that it is revisionist propaganda. :coffeepap:

To go with the blueprints of the concentration camps we already have?

I'll never forgive Obama for not going through with our reeducation FEMA camps. Think how much better off we would be now if the Trumpets were fixed before the election.

I actually already have a graduate degree in American History. I have "studied up" from different "perspectives." I have also reviewed the 1619 Project. I stand by my opinion that it is revisionist propaganda. :coffeepap:
Anecdotal

Anecdotal

No, a professional opinion.

BTW, I did not provide that information to argue "from authority." :no:

Merely to point out to the other member's less than friendly responses that I am not a complete "layman," I do have some knowledge to back my "opinion."

This is not new, it's been mentioned over my time in this Forum.

Feel free to accept or reject it as you will. :shrug:

/Considering the Project 1619 doesn't think it's history, Trump probably his this correct.

Shocking that someone with your political bent would come to that conclusion.

The reality is 1619 was 401 years ago. The interpretation that the 1619 project chooses to use is like most inaccurate historical accounts, it has a little bit of truth and a lot of opinion. The Civil War and the "Civil War Amendments" are long passed. Few would defend slavery or the horrors of the system. Few would argue that the Civil War Amendments were not only necessary but overdue when they occurred. That all said, the Civil war and the freeing of the former slaves, the granting of citizenship to all born or naturalized in the U.S., and the right to vote all have been in place for over 160 years. Generations have come and gone and many other pieces of legislation have been implemented to insure the changes brought by the war and the amendments. What laws on the books today deny Constitutional rights to black men and women? All types of economic aid and social welfare programs have pumped trillions of dollars into making good on the promises brought about by the Civil War and it's aftermath. Where are we missing the boat? Education! Education is the lynchpin in mastering success in America. We have a free public educational system that if properly utilized brings every citizen within reach of the American Dream. Where have we failed? The rules for some of the programs designed to help blacks have actually hurt them more. Aid programs created during the civil rights era put rules in place that caused the breakup of the black family unit. Between the period between 1900 to 1965 and today black families went from family unit where 75% of black children were born into two parent families, to a current disastrous rate of 25% of black children are born in two parent families. Despite the "help" of the many aid programs the stipulation that a man in the household disqualified you from aid, meant daddy's left. The poverty rate in Black homes today among two parent families is 7.5%, which is lower than white families. Black neighborhoods which in the period from the 1920's through the 1950's consisted or large numbers of black owned businesses began to dwindle when the government threw money at those neighborhood designed to "help" black business entrepreneurship. The result however was chain stores, big business corporations moved in and forced family owned black business to close because they could not compete with the "money" chain stores. These are the things we have to fix.
We are far removed from slavery, from the "help" of the Civil Rights Acts and the mistakes of politicians mishandling of handouts that have contributed to the demise of the black family unit. That's were we need the emphasis to be. Traditional family unit, educational success and making the most of opportunity, stop listening to supposed leaders who tell you that you are victims and start talking to black leaders who have made it and tell you that you can too. The 1619 project is more of the a calculated rewrite of history in order to continue to portray black voters as victims and tell them they unable to change their personal situations because of slavery which ended generations ago. Opportunity knocks every day, don't let someone tell you, you cannot, or that burning cities, looting private businesses, or assaulting diners in restaurants does you any good. Millions of immigrants come to America every year, why? It's not because there is no opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom