• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Launches 'Patriotic Education’ Commission, Calls 1619 Project 'Ideological Poison’

Shocking that someone with your political bent would come to that conclusion.

Typical that someone with your "political bent" would stoop to fallacious ad hominem responses.

That and emotional appeals seem to be all that so many of you can muster.

Tagline time. :coffeepap:

Impeached trump looks up to Andrew Jackson. He knows nothing of history.

He really needs to shut up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I actually already have a graduate degree in American History. I have "studied up" from different "perspectives." I have also reviewed the 1619 Project. I stand by my opinion that it is revisionist propaganda. :coffeepap:
It is not. It allows critical thinking and a perspective not centered around white European male power.

I use it as a source to compare and contrast traditional textbook history with another perspective. Students and parents can look at both perspectives and make conclusions using their own critical thinking skills.

I reject history books that paint slave ownership of any race as a benevolent undertaking.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

I hope no one around here is naive enough to actually believe that there will ever be any such commission.

Shocking that someone with your political bent would come to that conclusion.
That really doesn't prove much, no matter how dismissive your comment is.

More than just Captain and I view the 1619 project in this way. You have people from both of the major parties that view it in much the same way. People with either far more, or even far less experience/education on the subject and it's been like that for about as long as the project has been a part of common knowledge.

Personally I believe the project likes to aggressively revise history in such a way. That it can be used to bludgeon others over the head, forcing them to either acquiesce in some way, shape, or form. Especially for the fact that these people generally have no personal stake, or connection to the actions that they are being badgered for.

Frankly speaking, I believe It's the equivalent of social cancer and it should've been excised long ago.

Here we go again with right wing cons being guilty of whatever they accuse others for. Trump Re-education camps on "patriotic education". Apparently we were all stupid because we didn't know about how the airports were siezed during the revolutionary war.

President Trump on Thursday announced several measures aimed at promoting what he called “patriotic education” while blasting progressive efforts at re-examining American history through a race-critical lens as “toxic propaganda.”​
Trump also called out what he said is “left-wing indoctrination” in schools and curriculum, which he claimed “views every issue through the lens of race" in an effort to impose “tyranny” and “a new segregation.”​

Go eat up all that red meat cultists.

I'd rather he End the Ed completely, but sure, we should certainly not be teaching the hogwash historical revisionism that is the 1619 project, in our schools.

Yeah, that's what lead to the riots in the streets.......

Yes it is. Takes an extensive propaganda campaign to convince half the population to believe that the police are racist that shoot and kill black people. Blacks are 13% of the population, 2.4 times as likely to engage in violent crime and so make up 26% of the deaths from police shootings. Just as would be expected in a perfectly colorblind society.
Critical race theory sees racism everywhere and works very hard to convince people that it exists everywhere.

Y'all act like students pay attention to this stuff.

Here we go again with right wing cons being guilty of whatever they accuse others for. Trump Re-education camps on "patriotic education". Apparently we were all stupid because we didn't know about how the airports were siezed during the revolutionary war.

President Trump on Thursday announced several measures aimed at promoting what he called “patriotic education” while blasting progressive efforts at re-examining American history through a race-critical lens as “toxic propaganda.”​
Trump also called out what he said is “left-wing indoctrination” in schools and curriculum, which he claimed “views every issue through the lens of race" in an effort to impose “tyranny” and “a new segregation.”​

Go eat up all that red meat cultists.

The Commission will never exist.

Trump already got what he wanted out of it.

Pandering to the white resentment of his base.

The Commission will never exist.

Trump already got what he wanted out of it.

Pandering to the white resentment of his base.

It's going to be interesting to see what retaliatory measures he tries to implement in the lame duck session after he loses the election to seek revenge against America who will reject him in 5 weeks from today.

It is not. It allows critical thinking and a perspective not centered around white European male power.

That's white, male, heterosexual cisgender power.

It's going to be interesting to see what retaliatory measures he tries to implement in the lame duck session after he loses the election to seek revenge against America who will reject him in 5 weeks from today.

It WONT be interesting to see what retaliatory measures the left will implement if Trump wins.

Lulz. Its like saying you use natural selection and creationism for "another perspective". A marxist by any other name is still a Marxist. I hope the parents know that.

I use it as a source to compare and contrast traditional textbook history with another perspective. Students and parents can look at both perspectives and make conclusions using their own critical thinking skills.

Lulz. Its like saying you use natural selection and creationism for "another perspective". A marxist by any other name is still a Marxist. I hope the parents know that.

Unfortunately, the Marxist SJW disguises are effective in hiding their true nature.

Back
Top Bottom