• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump Jr. Says Obama Lifted Phrase From His RNC Speech

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
In what appears to be a vain attempt to defend his sister, er step mom, Trump Junior trumps up this charge.

Here's what the younger Trump said last week in Cleveland.
Donald Trump Jr: There's so much work to do. We will not accept the current state of our country because it's too hard to change. That's not the America I know. We're going to unleash the creative spirit and energy of all Americans. We're going to make our schools the best in the world for every single American of every single ethnicity and background.
And here's what the president said in Philadelphia.
President Barack Obama: What we heard in Cleveland last week wasn't particularly Republican and it sure wasn't conservative. What we heard was a deeply pessimistic vision of a country where we turn against each other and turn away from the rest of the world. There were no serious solutions to pressing problems, just the fanning of resentment and blame and anger and hate. And that is not the America I know. The America I know is full of courage, and optimism, and ingenuity. The America I know is decent and generous.

Trump Jr. Says Obama Lifted Phrase From His RNC Speech - NBC News

He looks rather foolish in this instance.

In what appears to be a vain attempt to defend his sister, er step mom, Trump Junior trumps up this charge.

Donald Trump Jr: There's so much work to do. We will not accept the current state of our country because it's too hard to change. That's not the America I know. We're going to unleash the creative spirit and energy of all Americans. We're going to make our schools the best in the world for every single American of every single ethnicity and background.
President Barack Obama: What we heard in Cleveland last week wasn't particularly Republican and it sure wasn't conservative. What we heard was a deeply pessimistic vision of a country where we turn against each other and turn away from the rest of the world. There were no serious solutions to pressing problems, just the fanning of resentment and blame and anger and hate. And that is not the America I know. The America I know is full of courage, and optimism, and ingenuity. The America I know is decent and generous.

Agreed! :doh

You'd think they'd be smart enough to let this unfortunate incident pass, rather than re-litigate it. It certainly can't help their cause to bring it to the forefront again.

...And Obama had an 18% lower viewership last night than did Ted Cruz on the same night a week ago. I wonder what that portends?

...And Obama had an 18% lower viewership last night than did Ted Cruz on the same night a week ago. I wonder what that portends?

They are all out campaigning for Hillary. Or at the liquor store.

"That's not the America I know". Obama first used that phrase in his speech following the shootings in Dallas. In other words, Trump Jr. likely lifted the phrase from Obama!

Ugh ... is this over yet?

They are all out campaigning for Hillary. Or at the liquor store.

Heh. Maybe they're campaigning for Hillary at the liquor store. If I were a democrat campaign operative, that's what I'd claim.

And????????????

He already won two elections, Cruz couldn't even get nominated and came into the senate riding the wave of Tea Party lunacy.

It never ends smh!

And????????????

He already won two elections, Cruz couldn't even get nominated and came into the senate riding the wave of Tea Party lunacy.

Agreed, and Cruz somehow attracted more viewers than Obama.

Agreed! :doh

You'd think they'd be smart enough to let this unfortunate incident pass, rather than re-litigate it. It certainly can't help their cause to bring it to the forefront again.

Bullies don't like looking stupid. They'll bring it up again and again until they find a better way to spin it.

Bullies don't like looking stupid. They'll bring it up again and again until they find a better way to spin it.

Somebody impartial should tally the permutations. I don't know where we'll find somebody impartial. Putin is apparently out. He's campaigning for Trump.

Somebody impartial should tally the permutations. I don't know where we'll find somebody impartial. Putin is apparently out. He's campaigning for Trump.

Maybe the Swiss can help?

To you. You forgot that part. That fact says a few things, but I take it you're not interested, so just let it go and enjoy yourself.

No, it objectively means nothing. Why you're connecting imaginary dots as a result of it is a mystery to me.

No, it objectively means nothing. Why you're connecting imaginary dots as a result of it is a mystery to me.

It could indicate a lack of enthusiasm, but far be it from me to ever, ever suggest such a thing. It's probably just that people were watching re-runs of the Andy Griffith Show, and nothing more.

It could indicate a lack of enthusiasm, but far be it from me to ever, ever suggest such a thing. It's probably just that people were watching re-runs of the Andy Griffith Show, and nothing more.

It simply means more people watched the controversial speech of a failed candidate for the GOP nomination that will likely (and hopefully) never sit in Lincoln's chair.

Like I said, nothing of value.

I think the statement was about attracting viewers, not what you think of Obama's speech.

I don't think he's interested in viewership, what it means, or whether anyone actually watched at all. Statistics. Can't learn anything from 'em. They're just numbers.

I don't think he's interested in viewership, what it means, or whether anyone actually watched at all. Statistics. Can't learn anything from 'em. They're just numbers.

Just numbers, depending on who generated them, and why.

Just numbers, depending on who generated them, and why.

Seems to be the case. Obama probably gave a good speech. I didn't watch. I generally avoid watching the conventions. Seems like the enthusiasm for Hillary Clinton is not what they had hoped though, regardless of who was talking.

Back
Top Bottom