• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Jr.'s 2017 Testimony Conflicts With Cohen's Account Of Russian Talks

Cardinal

Respected On All Sides
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
It looks like Donald Trump Jr. committed perjury when he testified that Trump Tower Moscow negotiations ended in 2014. This would of course add to the growing list of kompromat that Russia has had on Trump. If Donald Jr. perjured himself, Russia would know the truth and therefore the criminal liability he had chosen to take on.

Donald Trump Jr.'s testimony to Congress about his family's real estate negotiations with powerful Russians does not comport with the new version laid out by Donald Trump's ex-attorney Michael Cohen, official transcripts show.

Trump Jr. told the Senate Judiciary Committee in September 2017 that although there had been negotiations surrounding a prospective Trump Tower in Moscow, they concluded without result "at the end" of 2014.

"But not in 2015 or 2016?" Trump Jr. was asked.

"Certainly not '16," he said. "There was never a definitive end to it. It just died of deal fatigue."

Trump Jr. was advised in his Senate Judiciary Committee interview that although he hadn't sworn an oath to tell the truth, he was required by law to answer questions from Congress truthfully. He was asked whether he understood that.

"I do," Trump Jr. answered.

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/30/6721...gn=politics&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=2059

It might go to explaining why he believed that an indictment was in his future.

Trump’s son, Donald Trump Jr., who served as a key campaign surrogate for Republican candidates, has told friends in recent weeks that he believes he could be indicted, according to one of those people.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/07/trump-2020-elections-campaign-968942

It looks like Donald Trump Jr. committed perjury when he testified that Trump Tower Moscow negotiations ended in 2014. This would of course add to the growing list of kompromat that Russia has had on Trump. If Donald Jr. perjured himself, Russia would know the truth and therefore the criminal liability he had chosen to take on.

Russian, Russia, Russia, Lies, Lies, Lies, where is the collusion, how did the Russians alter the election, where is the obstruction of justice. Christ all the Obamafail team lied, Clapper, Comey, Brennon, Steel, etc etc the list is LONG of known liars under oath.

Russian, Russia, Russia, Lies, Lies, Lies, where is the collusion, how did the Russians alter the election, where is the obstruction of justice. Christ all the Obamafail team lied, Clapper, Comey, Brennon, Steel, etc etc the list is LONG of known liars under oath.

Your hysterical and incoherent response notwithstanding, Republicans hated Clinton so much they took the most unethical human being they could find and put him in the White House as a protest. And then, under the guise of it being a protest, they assumed there would be no consequences. But that is no more true than me assuming I shouldn't have to go to prison for robbing a bank since my motive was to protest the bank's decision to refuse me a loan.

By the way, anybody else notice the shifting of the goal posts? No longer are Republicans demanding evidence of collusion. Now they're demanding evidence that collusion happened to change election results.

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/30/6721...gn=politics&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=2059

Trump Jr, a senior executive at the Trump Organization, played down his awareness of the project during his September 2017 interview, saying he knew “very little” about the deal. “I was peripherally aware of it, but most of my knowledge has been gained since as it relates to hearing about it over the last few weeks,” he said.

Doesn't look like Trump Jr. lied. Plus, as you noted above, he wasn't under oath when drilled by the blood thirsty Democrats, hence, NO perjury.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...al-peril-after-cohen-admits-lying-to-congress

Your hysterical and incoherent response notwithstanding, Republicans hated Clinton so much they took the most unethical human being they could find and put him in the White House as a protest.

I agree they put up Trump who was far less an unethical human being than the one you put up. Crooked Hillary

Trump Jr, a senior executive at the Trump Organization, played down his awareness of the project during his September 2017 interview, saying he knew “very little” about the deal. “I was peripherally aware of it, but most of my knowledge has been gained since as it relates to hearing about it over the last few weeks,” he said.

Doesn't look like Trump Jr. lied. Plus, as you noted above, he wasn't under oath when drilled by the blood thirsty Democrats, hence, NO perjury.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...al-peril-after-cohen-admits-lying-to-congress

Looks like you didn't actually read the OP. I'll wait for you to give it another go-through.

Looks like you didn't actually read the OP. I'll wait for you to give it another go-through.

Why don't you try refuting what I wrote instead of assuming to know what I read or didn't read?
IOW, prove that Trump deliberately lied to congress.

You can't, and you know it... but keep up the liberal spin. It keeps me mildly amused.

Why don't you try refuting what I wrote instead of assuming to know what I read or didn't read?
IOW, prove that Trump deliberately lied to congress.

You can't, and you know it... but keep up the liberal spin. It keeps me mildly amused.

Ah, so on top of not fully reading the OP, you've moved the goal posts to demanding that I prove he "deliberately" lied to Congress.

By the way, anybody else notice the shifting of the goal posts? No longer are Republicans demanding evidence of collusion. Now they're demanding evidence that collusion happened to change election results.

Not at all. Evidence of collusion is still being demanded. Mueller has presented nothing. Cohen's perjury confession changes nothing on that score.

The Republicans are masters of shifting the goalposts.

1. Never happened.
2. Well, it might have happened, but I can't remember for sure.
3. Oh it did happen, but we were talking about something else.
4. Well maybe we did talk about it, but it didn't affect the outcome of anything and it certainly wasn't illegal.

Ah, so on top of not fully reading the OP, you've moved the goal posts to demanding that I prove he "deliberately" lied to Congress.

You need to get some new material.
I've seen you use the same sort of snappy comeback above when DP posters press you to prove your points.

I don't care if you don't want to prove your points, but it's telling that you won't even attempt to prove that Trump Jr. committed "perjury." ;)

The Republicans are masters of shifting the goalposts.

1. Never happened.
2. Well, it might have happened, but I can't remember for sure.
3. Oh it did happen, but we were talking about something else.
4. Well maybe we did talk about it, but it didn't affect the outcome of anything and it certainly wasn't illegal.

And some leftists are well known for creating strawmen type threads.
Notice how easy it was for me to refute the O/P?

Glad I could help.

You need to get some new material.
I've seen you use the same sort of snappy comeback above when DP posters press you to prove your points.

I don't care if you don't want to prove your points, but it's telling that you won't even attempt to prove that Trump Jr. committed "perjury." ;)

All you're demonstrating is that you don't know what perjury is. If being ignorant of the topic is your way of "winning" a debate, then let me assure you that you're well in the lead.

I get the most wonderful impression that 2019 is going to be very, very rough year for Trump sycophants.

Your hysterical and incoherent response notwithstanding, Republicans hated Clinton so much they took the most unethical human being they could find and put him in the White House as a protest. And then, under the guise of it being a protest, they assumed there would be no consequences. But that is no more true than me assuming I shouldn't have to go to prison for robbing a bank since my motive was to protest the bank's decision to refuse me a loan.

Consequences of electing and nominating are fine.
Political consequences.
But wr are not talking political consequences, are we?

And some leftists are well known for creating strawmen type threads.
Notice how easy it was for me to refute the O/P?

Glad I could help.

Impressive. :lol: Should have known the Trump crowd would have adopted his idea of winning.

It begs the question why SO many lies?? The cover-up seems bigger than the crime! Why couldn’t anyone just tell the truth? What are they all hiding???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consequences of electing and nominating are fine.
Political consequences.
But wr are not talking political consequences, are we?

There are political consequences, there are legal consequences, there are the consequences of our international fallout as a result of a President favoring dictators over Democratic allies, there are the consequences of a President using financial gain to guide his foreign policy, there are the consequences that result in further fracturing the American people, and there are the consequences that result in death and chaos.

Republicans' decision to vote in the country's most unethical human being as a protest has many, many consequences.

Off Topic:
Have you noticed how prescient Avenatti has been? IIRC, his major claims have been spot on:
-- Trump lied about having had an assignation with Stormy.
-- Trump lied about being ignorant of the Stormy NDA and Cohen's role in securing it.
-- Michael Cohen, whom Avenatti described as "one of the world's great evidence hoarders," will flip
That man may have missed on some "trees," but his big picture is slowly but surely coming into focus.

There are political consequences, there are legal consequences, there are the consequences of our international fallout as a result of a President favoring dictators over Democratic allies, there are the consequences of a President using financial gain to guide his foreign policy, there are the consequences that result in further fracturing the American people, and there are the consequences that result in death and chaos.

Republicans' decision to vote in the country's most unethical human being as a protest has many, many consequences.

The only relevent goal post issue with respect to the above in regards to Mueller is the claim of using financial gain for foreign policy. And there is nothing presented. And of course there continues to be claim as to where and what has been compromised-- just a lot of hypotheticals-- which might have reasonable to consider in jan 2017 but not in Nov 2018.
The rest is politics and policy. Dont combine them.

I wonder how many Republicans are seeing all of this for what it is. There are dozens of vultures circling in the skies. There's a strong scent of something foul emanating in the distance. An eery quiet consumes the shadows beyond the treeline. There are so many arrows pointing right now I can't even keep track anymore.

How do we know Cohen is telling the truth?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Trump’s denial of cohen’s claims would be a strong indicator.

Corroboration found out during an investigation. The lack thereof is how they find the lies.

Back
Top Bottom