• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Jr Likely To Be Indicted

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
https://www.inquisitr.com/5278090/donald-trump-jr-indicted-mueller/

According to Butler, since Mueller is not likely to indict the president — the Department of Justice’s official stance is that no sitting president can be indicted — he will continue going after individuals in his inner circle. According to the former prosecutor, Mueller has “leverage” over President Trump because of the legal liabilities his son Donald Trump Jr. is facing...

Of course he will be indicted. Everyone else anywhere near Donald during the 2016 election has been. Jr and Kush are next. And, it should be a barrel of laughs watching that go down.

Indicted for what, is being related to president trump a crime?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lying to Congress after being sworn in is generally considered to be a bad thing.

Well, that would make sense. I mean, if your goal is to get the guy out of office by any means necessary then it only makes sense to put his kids in legal jeopardy. I mean, if you don't have any other legal way to get the guy out then start hurting the people he loves most. Sure, some people might look at stuff like that as an abuse of power and a horrible violation of civil liberties but if the the end goal is met then who really cares about the means to get there? History is written by the winners, right? The only thing you need to concern yourself with is that you don't lose.

Well, that would make sense. I mean, if your goal is to get the guy out of office by any means necessary then it only makes sense to put his kids in legal jeopardy. I mean, if you don't have any other legal way to get the guy out then start hurting the people he loves most. Sure, some people might look at stuff like that as an abuse of power and a horrible violation of civil liberties but if the the end goal is met then who really cares about the means to get there? History is written by the winners, right? The only thing you need to concern yourself with is that you don't lose.

Holding our politicians to the same laws the rest of us Americans are held to is not a violation of civil liberties. There have been many convictions of people in his administration so far. You seem to be arguing they should all get legal immunity because you sympathize with their politics.

The overwhelming objective is to get Trump out of the White House. Then he can be arrested and the legal process can take its due course...

But the main thing is that Trump no longer have the Presidency and the dark stain on America's history can start to be, if not erased, then at least its worst effects reversed.

Personally I prefer he not be impeached but instead is utterly rejected by the voters in 2020....although can we accept the damage another two years of his presidency will inflict on the country ?

Holding our politicians to the same laws the rest of us Americans are held to is not a violation of civil liberties. There have been many convictions of people in his administration so far. You seem to be arguing they should all get legal immunity because you sympathize with their politics.

Donald Trump Jr is a private citizen. He does not work for the Trump administration. Fact.

This has gone on long enough. I know people compare this episode to Watergate, but that was 45 years ago. I am not a fan of Trump as anyone who has been here more than a few weeks can tell. The technology available today was not even dreamed about in 1974.

Luther, interesting point about ”abuse of power.” Trump has stated that he is giving serious thought to declaring a “national emergency” to basically make an end run on Congress. Also there is the winners/losers thing.

I think both Trump and Mueller have a tiger by the tail and are hanging on for dear life.

A crime? No. A likely path to crime? Hell yes!
When they find something get back to me. Its tiresome constantly hearing about something that might be coming based on no evidence or anything more than wishful thinking?

What I do believe about future indictments is that we will not see a charge of "conspiracy" in an Indictment or a Superseding Indictment until the very end even if Mueller has evidence that supports the charge. We will see them all come at once if they are going to come at all. Why? Because as soon as Trump sees any single Indictment of an American for Conspiracy his head is going to explode and we will be into what now appears to be by then our second Constitutional Crisis thanks to King Carrot Combover. Mueller has avoided a Constitutional Crisis to this point and he is only going to bring Trump to full boil at the very end when its really too late for Trump to do much about it.

I suspect family member charges come at the very end as well for much the same reason.....Indictment = Trump's head exploding.

'When you lie with dogs you get fleas'. Kushner may have broken multiple ethics and legal laws like trying to arrange a secret back-channel between Kisylak and himself is only item #1 on Mueller's list of 'no-noes'. Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed al-Nahyan of Abu Dhabi and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia got into a pissing match over which royal had Kushner deeper in their pocket. Let's not forget that Jared Kushner also was a willing participant in the Tower with Manafort, Don Jr. and the Russians.

Don Jr. is the subject of the Mueller investigation for several reasons, one being the fact that he arranged the Trump Tower meeting with Russians representing the interests of Vladimir Putin in exchange for some 'dirt' on Hillary Clinton. Don Jr. may face criminal charges for lying to Congress, which is a felony. Trump Jr has already come under scrutiny for answers he gave the Senate judiciary committee during an interview in September 2017. When asked if any foreign governments other than Russia’s offered or provided assistance to the Trump campaign, Trump Jr replied: “None that I’m aware of.” Asked if any foreign nationals had done so, he said: “No.”

In May this year, the New York Times reported that a representative for the governments of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates offered their assistance in the presidential election during a meeting with Trump Jr in New York in August 2016. A lawyer for Trump Jr confirmed the meeting took place.

`toast`

The overwhelming objective is to get Trump out of the White House. Then he can be arrested and the legal process can take its due course...

But the main thing is that Trump no longer have the Presidency and the dark stain on America's history can start to be, if not erased, then at least its worst effects reversed.

Personally I prefer he not be impeached but instead is utterly rejected by the voters in 2020....although can we accept the damage another two years of his presidency will inflict on the country ?
Yep, I'm with you here.

If Trump is rebuked in 2020 (likely IMO), his best legal shot in federal terms would be to resign before 20th JAN 2021, and let Pence pardon him. Of course that doesn't absolve him from NY State charges, which are always possible.

What I do believe about future indictments is that we will not see a charge of "conspiracy" in an Indictment or a Superseding Indictment until the very end even if Mueller has evidence that supports the charge. We will see them all come at once if they are going to come at all. Why? Because as soon as Trump sees any single Indictment of an American for Conspiracy his head is going to explode and we will be into what now appears to be by then our second Constitutional Crisis thanks to King Carrot Combover. Mueller has avoided a Constitutional Crisis to this point and he is only going to bring Trump to full boil at the very end when its really too late for Trump to do much about it.

I suspect family member charges come at the very end as well for much the same reason.....Indictment = Trump's head exploding.

We have already a conviction for "conspiracy." Cohen said he was directed by Individual 1 to break federal campaign laws. I don't recall a constitutional crisis erupting as a result.

If you still believe something that ridiculous at this point in time, I doubt anything I write would change your mind. Enjoy.
:2rofll:

We have already a conviction for "conspiracy." Cohen said he was directed by Individual 1 to break federal campaign laws. I don't recall a constitutional crisis erupting as a result.

And the FEC says the NDAs were NOT A VIOLATION of CAMPAIGN FINANCE LAWS.

BULL**** dreamed up by Lanny Davis to ingratiate Cohen to the Trump-hating SDNY, and Witch Hunt.

Why do you think the FEC has NOT PURSUED the MADEUP BULL**** "VIOLATION"?

If you still believe something that ridiculous at this point in time, I doubt anything I write would change your mind. Enjoy.
:2rofll:

Translation: Can't name an ACTUAL CRIME Trump, Jr. will be indicted for. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom