• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Jr & Goldstone : Full Email Exchange

Cisero

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Since this story is so big, I reckon it would be wise for everyone to read the whole email exchange between Trump Jr & Goldstone.

The email exchange

This exchange was posted on Twitter by Trump Jr. He preemptively released the mails because he knew that the NYTimes were planning to publish them. Now he's claiming transparency.

Trump defends Trump Jr.: 'I applaud his transparency'

Here is the full Email Exchange :

On 3 June 2016, at 10:36, Rob Goldstone wrote:
Good morning

Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting.

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.

What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?

I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first.

Best

Rob Goldstone
On 3 June 2016, at 10:53, Donald Trump Jr wrote:
Thanks Rob I appreciate that. I am on the road at the moment but perhaps I just speak to Emin first. Seems we have some time and if it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer. Could we do a call first thing next week when I am back?

Best,

Don
On 6 June 2016, at 12:40, Rob Goldstone wrote:
Hi Don

Let me know when you are free to talk with Emin by phone about this Hillary info - you had mentioned early this week so wanted to try to schedule a time and day Best to you and family Rob Goldstone
On 6 June 2016, at 15:03, Donald Trump Jr wrote:
Rob could we speak now?

d
On 6 June 2016, at 15:37, Rob Goldstone wrote:
Let me track him down in Moscow

What number he could call?
On 6 June 2016, at 15:38, Donald Trump Jr wrote:
My cell thanks

d
On 6 June 2016, at 15:43, Rob Goldstone wrote:
OK he's on stage in Moscow but should be off within 20 Minutes so I am sure can call Rob

On 6 June 2016, at 16:38, Donald Trump Jr wrote:
Rob thanks for the help.

D
On 7 June 2016, at 16:20, Rob Goldstone wrote:
Don

Hope all is well

Emin asked that I schedule a meeting with you and The Russian government attorney who is flying over from Moscow for this Thursday.

I believe you are aware of the meeting - and so wondered if 3pm or later on Thursday works for you?

I assume it would be at your office.

Best

Rob Goldstone

On 7 June 2016, at 17:16, Donald Trump Jr wrote:
How about 3 at our offices? Thanks rob appreciate you helping set it up.

D
On 7 June 2016, at 17:19, Rob Goldstone wrote:
Perfect…I won't sit in on the meeting, but will bring them at 3pm and introduce you etc.

I will send the names of the two people meeting with you for security when I have them later today.

best

Rob

On 7 June 2016, at 18:14, Donald Trump Jr wrote:
Great. It will likely be Paul Manafort (campaign boss) my brother in law and me. 725 Fifth Ave 25th floor.

On 8 June 2016, at 10:34, Rob Goldstone wrote:
Good morning

Would it be possible to move tomorrow meeting to 4pm as the Russian attorney is in court until 3 i was just informed.

Best

Rob

On 8 June 2016, at 11:15, Donald Trump Jr wrote:
Yes Rob I could do that unless they wanted to do 3 today instead…just let me know and ill lock it in either way.

d
On 8 June 2016, at 11:18, Rob Goldstone wrote:
They can't do today as she hasn't landed yet from Moscow 4pm is great tomorrow.

Best

Rob

On 8 June 2016 at 12:03, Donald Trump Jr wrote to Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort:
Meeting got moved to 4 tomorrow at my offices.

Best,

Don

Last edited:
There is no doubt that Trump Jr. accepted the offer from Goldstone to receive information from the Russian Government. It's undeniable. Can this be prosecuted and will it be are different stories.

How do hardcore Trump supporters justify this ? Are the emails "fake news" ? Why would Trump Jr release mails possibly incriminating him ?

There is no doubt that Trump Jr. accepted the offer from Goldstone to receive information from the Russian Government. It's undeniable. Can this be prosecuted and will it be are different stories.

How do hardcore Trump supporters justify this ? Are the emails "fake news" ? Why would Trump Jr release mails possibly incriminating him ?

It doesn't seem deniable nor does it seem criminal for any citizen to want to check out any credible source indicating potentially criminal behavior of a presidential candidate.

It doesn't seem deniable nor does it seem criminal for any citizen to want to check out any credible source indicating potentially criminal behavior of a presidential candidate.

What does seem criminal is this part :

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.

Why does Russia support Trump ? What is he doing for the Russian Government ? How will he pay back the help that they give him ?
I certainly don't want a president who is indebted to Putin.

The whole exchange is a gigantic flaming red flag.

Why does Russia support Trump ? What is he doing for the Russian Government ? How will he pay back the help that they give him ?

They support him because he owes them money. Plus they probably know he is easily influenced.

It's a gigantic nothing-burger.

This whole thing is overt sensationalism being promoted by media moguls for no other reason than to get you to keep watching their idiotic bullsh*t.

Remember how Hillary was 12 points ahead the day before the election?

Remember how "all 17 intelligence agencies agreed" for seven months, only for us to find out it was really only three all along (and guess which three?).

These Lying Liberal Media (tm) propaganda moguls are so full of totally transparent bullsh*t there's no way they should be allowed to call themselves "news".

It's a gigantic nothing-burger.

This whole thing is overt sensationalism being promoted by media moguls for no other reason than to get you to keep watching their idiotic bullsh*t.

Remember how Hillary was 12 points ahead the day before the election?

Remember how "all 17 intelligence agencies agreed" for seven months, only for us to find out it was really only three all along (and guess which three?).

These Lying Liberal Media (tm) propaganda moguls are so full of totally transparent bullsh*t there's no way they should be allowed to call themselves "news".

We get it... you are a loyalist. If Trump raped a 5 year old in public, you would be blaming Clinton and Obama...

Oh btw... those 17 or 3 intelligence agencies... were right according to junior... ups missed that eh?

Try explaining that to the closed minded, that is one issue that no one I talk to on that side of the debate can get. It isn't even an illegal act to begin with, and they still cry foul.

1) It's a gigantic nothing-burger.

2) This whole thing is overt sensationalism being promoted by media moguls for no other reason than to get you to keep watching their idiotic bullsh*t.

3) Remember how Hillary was 12 points ahead the day before the election?

4) Remember how "all 17 intelligence agencies agreed" for seven months, only for us to find out it was really only three all along (and guess which three?).

5) These Lying Liberal Media (tm) propaganda moguls are so full of totally transparent bullsh*t there's no way they should be allowed to call themselves "news".

So much insanity in so few sentences, let's break it down :

• 1) Goldstone openly admitted that the Russian Government was actively supporting Trump. That's not a nothing-burger, it's a triple whooper heart-attack inducing BBQ covered bacon friend burger.

• 2) Definitive proof that Trump Jr agreed to work with the Russian government in order to bring down Clinton is not sensationalism.

• 3) In the name of all that is holy and sacred, what does this have to do with anything ?

• 4) Agreed about what ? What are you talking about ?

• 5) What the hell are you saying ? This isn't liberal propaganda. This is Trump Jr sharing information on his Twitter. Is he part of the Lying Liberal Media ? These are facts, get over it.

We get it... you are a loyalist. If Trump raped a 5 year old in public, you would be blaming Clinton and Obama...

Oh btw... those 17 or 3 intelligence agencies... were right according to junior... ups missed that eh?

No if he raped a 5yr in public he would be severely prosecuted, and imprisoned. But if that's how far you need to go off rail to try, and make a rather pathetic point. It shows you're head is firmly wedged up something other than politics.

However if you want to make egregious statements at a far expense, then let me have a try.

What if Hillary campaigned under the empowerment of women, and women's rights. Only to go behind the backs of free women everywhere, and side with, take support from, and have dinner with people that treat woman like objects, and second class citizens?

Oh.. wait, she did.

Since this story is so big, I reckon it would be wise for everyone to read the whole email exchange between Trump Jr & Goldstone.

The email exchange

This exchange was posted on Twitter by Trump Jr. He preemptively released the mails because he knew that the NYTimes were planning to publish them. Now he's claiming transparency.

Trump defends Trump Jr.: 'I applaud his transparency'

Here is the full Email Exchange :

I think Trump Jr is an idiot for letting himself be set up like that and falling for the bait. Schmuck.

• 1) Goldstone openly admitted that the Russian Government was actively supporting Trump. That's not a nothing-burger, it's a triple whooper heart-attack inducing BBQ covered bacon friend burger.

• 2) Definitive proof that Trump Jr agreed to work with the Russian government in order to bring down Clinton is not sensationalism.

• 3) In the name of all that is holy and sacred, what does this have to do with anything ?

• 4) Agreed about what ? What are you talking about ?

• 5) What the hell are you saying ? This isn't liberal propaganda. This is Trump Jr sharing information on his Twitter. Is he part of the Lying Liberal Media ? These are facts, get over it.

Okay hold the damn phone, you are honestly trying to debate on this, and you have the gall to ask what the hell #4 is talking about.

It was one of their largest talking points on collusion in the first place, and then it pops straight out showing they were lying their a**'s off. But they didn't even lose stride, and keep on digging that hole even deeper..
It is a nothing burger, even their own people admit to it.

Hmmm...

What would I do in his shoes...

A British rock star promoter I know comes to me and says he knows someone who knows someone who works for the Russian government who wants to give me information that'll take down Hillary because they want Trump to win.

The first thing I would do is laugh. After all, the promoter is known to do some crazy stuff. The second thing I would do is say, sure...let's see where this joke goes.

Of course, that would be my big mistake. Not because I did anything criminal...but because I didn't stop to think that maybe this was a con.

No if he raped a 5yr in public he would be severely prosecuted, and imprisoned.

Naw he would not. He would claim presidential immunity and it would still require congress to come together to remove him... which the GOP wont because they are cowards.

What if Hillary campaigned under the empowerment of women, and women's rights. Only to go behind the backs of free women everywhere, and side with, take support from, and have dinner with people that treat woman like objects, and second class citizens?

Oh.. wait, she d

LOL talk about irrelevant bs. So a presidential candidate says one thing and does another... oh they are politicians? It aint illegal, nor working with a foreign government.

You seem to ignore the fact, that Trump wanted and got help from a foreign government.. who happens also to be the main rival of the US. Had this been a Democrat, the GOP would be storming the White House..

1) Goldstone openly admitted that the Russian Government was actively supporting Trump. That's not a nothing-burger, it's a triple whooper heart-attack inducing BBQ covered bacon friend burger. Question: Why is it different if Russia's govt. actively supports an American candidate. Our government actively supports candidates in other country's elections?

2) Definitive proof that Trump Jr agreed to work with the Russian government in order to bring down Clinton is not sensationalism. He agreed to receive information from some musicians that "said" it was from the Russian Government. Guess we won't know that truth since there was no information. It was just bait, and the idiot fell for it.

I guess we'll find out what happens soon enough.

Last edited:
Hmmm...

What would I do in his shoes...

A British rock star promoter I know comes to me and says he knows someone who knows someone who works for the Russian government who wants to give me information that'll take down Hillary because they want Trump to win.

The first thing I would do is laugh. After all, the promoter is known to do some crazy stuff. The second thing I would do is say, sure...let's see where this joke goes.

Of course, that would be my big mistake. Not because I did anything criminal...but because I didn't stop to think that maybe this was a con.

The one thing I don't get is how they think its something you can prosecute someone on.

Even if it turns out to actually be collusion, we can just claim the same on Hillary seeing as she was digging for crap on Trump as well.

hmm, I guess democracy is only good when it does what you want it to... go figure.

Okay hold the damn phone, you are honestly trying to debate on this, and you have the gall to ask what the hell #4 is talking about.

It was one of their largest talking points on collusion in the first place, and then it pops straight out showing they were lying their a**'s off. But they didn't even lose stride, and keep on digging that hole even deeper..
It is a nothing burger, even their own people admit to it.

Clinton lied about the number of intelligence agencies who agreed Russia interfered. I know. What I was trying to point out (I failed to do so I admit) is that doesn't really change the fact that we have cold hard proof there WAS Russian interference, or at minimum the desire to interfere.

This new story is not a nothing burger stop saying that.

The one thing I don't get is how they think its something you can prosecute someone on.

Even if it turns out to actually be collusion, we can just claim the same on Hillary seeing as she was digging for crap on Trump as well.

hmm, I guess democracy is only good when it does what you want it to... go figure.

"This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin."

This doesn't sound like something you can prosecute ? Or at least something that warrants an investigation ?

Since we're playing the same stupid game of "whattabout Clinton ???" let's imagine it this way. What in the email exchanges between Podesta & Clinton there were something like this :

"This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Saudia Arabia and its monarchies support for Madam Clinton - helped along by Salam & Mossola."

I think Trump Jr is an idiot for letting himself be set up like that and falling for the bait. Schmuck.

agreed. once he saw that a foreign government/interest reaching out to him offering to allow it to intrude in an American election, his next discussion should have been with counsel. and competent counsel would have walked him and his email to the FBI

just like nixon did not need to authorize the watergate break-in of the DNC to win the election
tRump did not need to use russia's stolen information to defeat hillary

1) Goldstone openly admitted that the Russian Government was actively supporting Trump. That's not a nothing-burger, it's a triple whooper heart-attack inducing BBQ covered bacon friend burger. Question: Why is it different if Russia's govt. actively supports an American candidate. Our government actively supports candidates in other country's elections?

2) Definitive proof that Trump Jr agreed to work with the Russian government in order to bring down Clinton is not sensationalism. He agreed to receive information from some musicians that "said" it was from the Russian Government. Guess we won't know that truth since there was no information. It was just bait, and the idiot fell for it.

I guess we'll find out what happens soon enough.

1) It's not different. Both are wrong.
2) Trump Jr thought it was from the government and agreed to work with them. Was it really the government is another subject.

Clinton lied about the number of intelligence agencies who agreed Russia interfered. I know. What I was trying to point out (I failed to do so I admit) is that doesn't really change the fact that we have cold hard proof there WAS Russian interference, or at minimum the desire to interfere.

This new story is not a nothing burger stop saying that.

Huh??

"cold hard proof"?

Something a rock star promoter said in an email is "cold hard proof" there was Russian interference?

Lordy, I certainly hope you never become a judge.

which foreign government was assisting hillary's efforts to undermine tRump's chances in the national election
without that foreign interest, it is NOT the same thing

I might not like Trump as President, but this all smells like just more of the muck throwing.

We all knew Russia was interfering in the election and that Putin probably preferred Trump slightly over Cliton because of just the chaos we are now seeing. This does not mean that there weren't as many pieces of evidence to reveal on Clinton, but Trump's personality and the liberal press seemed the more destructive combination. At least, that was a take I had before the election.

But as everyone knew this and there was nothing to do that the CIA, FBI or NSA were not doing, I would not put very much weight on that sentence. To me it looks very much like a desparate grab for a flimsy straw or just a frail hope that if thrown, might look like mud to a crowd. My strong suspuciin is that it is not so much a "red flag" as a red herring.

Huh??

"cold hard proof"?

Something a rock star promoter said in an email is "cold hard proof" there was Russian interference?

Lordy, I certainly hope you never become a judge.

Yeah my sentence was badly constructed, cold hard proof there WAS Russian interference, or at minimum the desire for Trump Jr to work with the Russian government.

Better ?

This doesn't sound like something you can prosecute ? Or at least something that warrants an investigation ?

Since we're playing the same stupid game of "whattabout Clinton ???" let's imagine it this way. What in the email exchanges between Podesta & Clinton there were something like this :

"This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Saudia Arabia and its monarchies support for Madam Clinton - helped along by Salam & Mossola."

Not really the same stupid game, one is making a point, and the other is just trying to dismantle the others claim because they have no real way of rebuking the debate.

If she had won, would any of you be calling for at least a small investigation?
Or would you all be like "oh well she won, there is nothing weird or out of place about that" Even though all of that inside help was thrown her way, and her campaign was funded by more than a few entities that have highly questionable qualities.

But no matter, because Trump is the monster here. At least we didn't have to have an actual federal law get re-worded so he could avoid prison.. oh wait that was Clinton.

Back
Top Bottom