• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump jokes that he 'always wanted' a Purple Heart.

HenryChinaski

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/amp/trump-jokes-he-always-wanted-purple-heart-n621661 This clown is a constant source of entertainment if train wrecks are your idea of entertainment.
"You know something very nice just happened to me. A man came up to me and he handed me his Purple Heart," Trump said during an event in Virginia.

Vet Gives Trump Purple Heart
"He said, 'that's my real Purple Heart I have such confidence in you.' And I said, 'Man that's like big stuff. I've always wanted to get the real Purple Heart.' This was much easier," he added before inviting the veteran on stage.

The man, however, told NBC News before the rally that it was actually a copy of his Purple Heart.

Last edited:
Who in the world takes this clown seriously? My god.

A whole lot of people, unfortunately.

I understand being upset at the system, at seeing the same corporate candidates paraded about and how tiresome the status quo can wear on us and the Republic. I understand wanting to buck the system, to shake it up and try to get Washington to finally pay attention to the People, not just the banks, Wall Street, and their corporate backers.

But to think that Trump will do any of this...I think is a bit insane. First off, the dude himself is corporate elite, the same folk who have been buying Congress and the Republocrats for decades now. Secondly, he was a Clinton supporter until he thought he could make a name and appear to be such a big shot and ran for President. Third, he's constantly reversing course, changing opinions, etc. Most of this is aligned with people either agreeing or disagreeing with him. WTF? What about Trump says anything remotely close to "Presidential".

If all these people instead of endorsing this clown truly wanted to buck the system, truly wanted to shake things up, truly wanted to wake Washington up; they wouldn't vote for some clown of a Republocrat. They would vote third party, threaten the power of the Republocrats to get them to listen. A vote for Johnson is far more powerful than a vote for Trump. It's obvious.

My prediction is that Trump is going to lose, fairly hard (at least in electoral counts), and he's going to use all this political brouhaha to pitch another Reality TV show. And I don't think he had any other intention since the start.

If you don't understand what was wrong with Trump's crack, you never will.

Is his crack horizontal? That would be highly unusual. Maybe the first one ever, which would be right up his alley.

Is his crack horizontal? That would be highly unusual. Maybe the first one ever, which would be right up his alley.

He doesn't have one, actually. All his crap comes out of his mouth instead.

Let's give the Purple Heart to Hillary instead. After all, she dodged sniper fire.

Donald, yeah, he is a clown. Feeling honored by the veteran's gift to him, nothing wrong with that.

He doesn't have one, actually. All his crap comes out of his mouth instead.

He's a very touchy guy. One would hope that he'd have realized by now that a lot of what he says would be better delivered by campaign subordinates. It's pretty unseemly coming from him - a presidential candidate. Ah well. Between Trump and Hillary, I'd choose cyanide. I think fishing should be an option on the ballot this November, though. I think it would win.

He's a very touchy guy. One would hope that he'd have realized by now that a lot of what he says would be better delivered by campaign subordinates. It's pretty unseemly coming from him - a presidential candidate. Ah well. Between Trump and Hillary, I'd choose cyanide. I think fishing should be an option on the ballot this November, though. I think it would win.

He's not just touchy--- he's a jackass.

Cyanide for president.

Let's give the Purple Heart to Hillary instead. After all, she dodged sniper fire.

Donald, yeah, he is a clown. Feeling honored by the veteran's gift to him, nothing wrong with that.

Yes, I'm sure that he was feeling honored.

I wonder whether he ever wanted Nobel Peace Prize.

Back
Top Bottom