• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Jacked Up Debt $2T Since '17

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Shhh! Republicans, conservatives, what have you all do not care about deficits and debt when their team is running the show.

So much Winning!

Happy?

Hmm, well.....

Barack Obama: Under President Obama, the national debt grew the most dollar-wise. He added $8.588 trillion. This 74 percent increase was the fifth-largest. Obama's budgets included the economic stimulus package. It added $831 billion by cutting taxes, extending unemployment benefits, and funding public works projects...Barack Obama: Added $8.588 trillion, a 74-percent increase from the $11.657 trillion debt at the end of Bush’s last budget, FY 2009.
https://www.thebalance.com/us-debt-by-president-by-dollar-and-percent-3306296

So according to that article the debt was already up around $20 trillion when Obama left office, him adding $8.5 trillion over eight years since Bush Jr.

I point this out not to praise Trump or slam Obama, but just to point out that arguing debt increases seems disingenuous. I hold all of them responsible for failure of fiscal responsibility.

Last edited:
Hmm, well.....

So according to that article the debt was already up around $20 trillion when Obama left office, him adding $8.5 trillion over eight years since Bush Jr.

I point this out not to praise Trump or slam Obama, but just to point out that arguing debt increases seems disingenuous. I hold all of them responsible for failure of fiscal responsibility.

Ah, a post showing us stupidity at its finest. Obama inherited a recession. Trump inherited a booming economy. 5 points if you can tell us the reason why that difference matters.

Ah, a post showing us stupidity at its finest. Obama inherited a recession. Trump inherited a booming economy. 5 points if you can tell us the reason why that difference matters.

Really? That's your argument for adding $8.5 trillion to the debt? Another, "Obama did it all" claim. :roll:

I have always been an advocate of a balanced budget and holding spending to what can be paid for without going into major debt.

I've practiced this almost my entire life, I don't see why our government can't regardless of which Party is in power.

Last edited:
Hmm, well.....

Increasing the debt by approximately $1 trillion per year during a recession is different than increasing the debt by the same amount during a booming economy. If the former is irresponsible spending, how much more irresponsible is the latter?

*Edit calamity beat me to it

Hmm, well.....

Obama did reduce the deficit most of the years he was in office. As I have noted before, democrats tax and spend, republicans spend but don’t tax, placing their faith in voodoo economics as the late Bush called it.

Really? That's your argument for adding $8.5 trillion to the debt? Another, "Obama did it all" claim. :roll:

I have always been an advocate of a balanced budget and holding spending to what can be paid for without going into major debt.

I've practiced this almost my entire life, I don't see why our government can't regardless of which Party is in power.
My argument at least is not ignorant, much unlike both of your posts.

Back
Top Bottom