• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump issues executive order freezing federal workers' pay in 2019

If you're a federal worker and you're voting for the you're fired guy, that isn't very bright.

Your definition of Trump-"extortion" is definitely different than the true meaning of the word.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extortion

Is blackmail also not criminal? I mean, if that is your issue...the general meaning is the same: trying to obtain something through threats. That is what Trump is doing. He is not offering anything in return for the wall, he is threatening to take something away. That is how he does most of his "negotiating".

As his Trump Hotel Washington rakes in millions from Saudis etc.

The Trump Foundation was a charity fraud and his Trump University was an educational fraud.

Trump is the poster-boy con man. Now 800,000 are out of work because Trump discovered he couldn't extort the Democrats.

Donald J. Trump on 11 December 2018 said:
“I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I’m not going to blame you (Democrats) for it.”

I wouldn't call it blackmail but I can see how his haters would though.
You're right about one thing though... He froze 2019 wages as a bargaining chip. The ball remains in the do nothing Democrats's court.

Yes because that is what the American people are to him...a bargaining chip. His lack of empathy is epic. If we can't afford inflation adjustment for Govt. workers we CERTAINLY can't afford a ineffective $50 billion "Trump Memorial Wall". His tax cuts need to be rolled back also.

Tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations, "belt-tightening" for the middle class to deal with the economic emergency. Brilliant.

The people don't exist to serve the government. The government exists to serve the people.

Increasing the debt by a trillion or two to funnel our grandchildren's money to the uber rich, bragging about how historically epically great the economy is, then sticking it to his Secret Service agents and claiming it's his legal right because of "national emergency or serious economic conditions affecting the general welfare."

I hope they get a court injunction because Trump's claim of how he has the authority to claw back promised pay raises is bogus.

Uber rich my ass. Assuming you have a retirement fund, you should look in the mirror and introduce yourself to one of the owners of Americas businesses. Gee, have you ever wondered why the government doesn’t sell shares of itself?

I wouldn't call it blackmail but I can see how his haters would though.
You're right about one thing though... He froze 2019 wages as a bargaining chip. The ball remains in the do nothing Democrats's court.

And now the Democrat's can bank on Federal workers votes in 2020. And the "ball" is still in Trumps court. All what Trump has to do to get a budget passed is drop the request for money for his idiotic wall BS.

If you're a federal worker and you're voting for the you're fired guy, that isn't very bright.

Any Federal employee that doesn't realize that their jobs exist to serve The People doesn't deserve to be there.

Increasing the debt by a trillion or two to funnel our grandchildren's money to the uber rich, bragging about how historically epically great the economy is, then sticking it to his Secret Service agents and claiming it's his legal right because of "national emergency or serious economic conditions affecting the general welfare."

I hope they get a court injunction because Trump's claim of how he has the authority to claw back promised pay raises is bogus.

Letting people keep their money isn't "funneling".

Trump issues executive order freezing federal workers' pay in 2019

He had backed down on this last year because of bipartisan opposition but now he is alone in the White House and trying to find ways to entertain himself. He claims his authority is national emergency or serious economic conditions, while at the same time trying to convince us that the economy is doing great.

He thinks he's mostly hurting Democrats. That's probably part of his enthusiasm for putting the bite to federal employees. Also, he might be trying to create a bargaining chip in his ongoing campaign to try to figure out out to blackmail Congress into making taxpayers pay for the wall he promised we wouldn't have to pay for.

Trump: "Let's shutdown the gov't and not give them any raises."
Trump: "Why don't Democrats/liberals/intelligence community like me???"

(This is not assuming most people in the government are Democrats. This is saying Democrats generally support keeping the gov't open and giving gov't employees raises. )

Uber rich my ass. Assuming you have a retirement fund, you should look in the mirror and introduce yourself to one of the owners of Americas businesses. Gee, have you ever wondered why the government doesn’t sell shares of itself?

Really have to wonder why you wouldn’t know that the US government does sell shares of itself. They’re called bonds and notes. How else do you think it finances it’s debt and deficits?

Trump: "Let's shutdown the gov't and not give them any raises."
Trump: "Why don't Democrats/liberals/intelligence community like me???"

(This is not assuming most people in the government are Democrats. This is saying Democrats generally support keeping the gov't open and giving gov't employees raises. )

Trump: "Federal employees are telling me to keep the government shut down until I get my wall."
Federal employees: "I didn't say that. Give me my paycheck."
Trump: "Federal employees are mostly Democrats. **** 'em."

Letting people keep their money isn't "funneling".

Giving tax breaks and then claiming the government doesn't have money is the demonstration of incompetence. But hey, that's you.

Giving tax breaks and then claiming the government doesn't have money is the demonstration of incompetence. But hey, that's you.

As usual, you inability to read interrupts a decent debate.

As usual, you inability to read interrupts a decent debate.

Nope, what I said was FACT. Either refute it, or runaway or post some idiotic thing like you always do.

Yes, we know... You don't have to wear it out. We know Trump took credit for the shut-down, but for the shut-down to end, the do nothing sit on their ass Dems. need to get with the program and make the shut-down end.
Trump has dropped his price. Their turn to accept or reasonably counter his offer.

Drop the price? On something most Americans do not want? How is that a deal?

Trump has yet to provide specifics. He has no idea what the true costs of his Wall will be.

He has not given any specifics as to what his Wall will accomplish. “Stop terrorist, rapists and drug traffickers” are not measurable unless he can provide specifics. He hasn’t.

How do we know his Wall is the best option to accomplish the specific goals that Trump has yet provided the House or Senate or the
People? We don’t.

Who the heck would negotiate for something they don’t want, to solve an issue that is not clearly defined for a price that has no
real justification and for which alternatives haven’t been presented and compared?

And now the Democrat's can bank on Federal workers votes in 2020. And the "ball" is still in Trumps court. All what Trump has to do to get a budget passed is drop the request for money for his idiotic wall BS.

Nope.
Trump takes responsibility for shutting down the government and has lowered the amount of money that he originally requested.
The ball is NOW in the Democrats' court. The longer they pretend that they are not in a position to negotiate a deal, the more the responsibility of the shutdown shifts to them.
That's just the way these things work...Takes two to tangle.

Google previous gov. shutdowns and see for yourself if you don't believe it.

He does not want a "porous medieval" wall.
No need to embellish.

Did you also complain about the amount Obama blew on his lavish vacations and golf outings? $105,662,975.27 according to Judicial Watch.
My favorite was when he flew to Fl. just to play with Tiger Woods. Cost the taxpayers a few million or so... according to the office of the GAO.
I guess the taxpayers did remember too, hence why they elected a president who donates much of his salary to those in need like the VA.
I'm pretty sure Trump , Ivanka, and Jarad all do not accept a salary. Well Trump does get $1.00 because the government says the president has to be paid.

Last edited:
Nope.
Trump takes responsibility for shutting down the government and has lowered the amount of money that he originally requested.
The ball is NOW in the Democrats' court. The longer they pretend that they are not in a position to negotiate a deal, the more the responsibility of the shutdown shifts to them.
That's just the way these things work...Takes two to tangle.

Those on the wrong end of this won't blame the dems. Bet the doublewide on it. Trump is setting the tone for a bloodbath in 2020. Carry on

I'm pretty sure Trump , Ivanka, and Jarad all do not accept a salary.

Why should they? they are rolling hands over fists in money from all the back alley deals they are making.

So, he puts federal employees on furlough with the Trump shutdown; and now he’s freezing their pay. What an ass hole.

Back
Top Bottom