• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump issues executive order freezing federal workers' pay in 2019

He does not want a "porous medieval" wall.
No need to embellish.

Did you also complain about the amount Obama blew on his lavish vacations and golf outings? $105,662,975.27 according to Judicial Watch.
My favorite was when he flew to Fl. just to play with Tiger Woods. Cost the taxpayers a few million or so... according to the office of the GAO.
I guess the taxpayers did remember too, hence why they elected a president who donates much of his salary to those in need like the VA.

Trump has already played more rounds of golf than Obama did in eight years. You people lost your **** at Obama's vacations and now you don't care. Don't play the hypocrite card while actively being a hypocrite.

Trump donates his salary to the Department of the Interior (after cutting their budget to a far greater degree) and that's your excuse? It's suddenly ok? You really have drank the koolaid.

While he steals whatever’s not nailed down with the other hand..........backaway from the KOOL-AID!

The president is a thief now? haha

backaway from the HATE-AID!

Blame Trump for even considering that an expanding economy is the best way to pay down the debt before something goes wrong and we have to pay the piper.

The deficit is up dramatically under Trump, on pace for a trillion dollars this fiscal year. Trump is never going to pay down even a dollar of the debt. By his own reckoning, he's created an economic emergency which he's now using to justify this attack on middle class workers he thinks voted for somebody else.

Trump has already played more rounds of golf than Obama did in eight years. You people lost your **** at Obama's vacations and now you don't care. Don't play the hypocrite card while actively being a hypocrite.

Trump donates his salary to the Department of the Interior (after cutting their budget to a far greater degree) and that's your excuse? It's suddenly ok? You really have drank the koolaid.

Obviously, you are clueless as to what I believe. I wasn't even posting here during the Obama administration.
The fact is, Trump's donated his salary to worthy causes.
How's your charitable portfolio looking in comparison?

President Donald Trump donated his quarterly salary to the Small Business Administration.
The president earns a total annual salary of $400,000.
The donation to the SBA will be used for a 7-month intensive program for veterans called Emerging Leaders.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/03/tru...business-administration-white-house-says.html

^
You gotta love (and by that I mean ashamed that the person is a fellow American) how, every single time the GOP demands to be given everything it wants while holding the budget/federal workers hostage, their minions dutifully flock to the internet to declare that it's actually the Democrats fault for not surrendering unconditionally to a hostage taker.

I don't know how many of you are familiar with domestic abuse, but "look at what you made me do!" is an emblematic phrase. That's what the GOP is saying, yet again. Yet again, their minions blame the victims.

/spit

The fact that you are ashamed isn't my problem.
I am simply opining on what I believe to be Trump's strategy and nothing I wrote changes because of your attempted bullying.

I wouldn't call it blackmail but I can see how his haters would though.
You're right about one thing though... He froze 2019 wages as a bargaining chip. The ball remains in the do nothing Democrats's court.

^
You gotta love (and by that I mean ashamed that the person is a fellow American) how, every single time the GOP demands to be given everything it wants while holding the budget/federal workers hostage, their minions dutifully flock to the internet to declare that it's actually the Democrats fault for not surrendering unconditionally to a hostage taker.

I don't know how many of you are familiar with domestic abuse, but "look at what you made me do!" is an emblematic phrase. That's what the GOP is saying, yet again. Yet again, their minions blame the victims.

/spit

The fact that you are ashamed isn't my problem.
I am simply opining on what I believe to be Trump's strategy and nothing I wrote changes because of your attempted bullying.

"attempted bullying"? You feel personally bullied by an online post criticizing your schtick? Despite the fact that you're just running around throwing dishonest and stupid baity crap at everyone you come across?

:lamo

You're right about one thing though... He froze 2019 wages as a bargaining chip. The ball remains in the do nothing Democrats's court.

Republicans hold the presidency, senate and House. It is a Republican shutdown. Trump already owned it and it is on him.

Trump issues executive order freezing federal workers' pay in 2019

He had backed down on this last year because of bipartisan opposition but now he is alone in the White House and trying to find ways to entertain himself. He claims his authority is national emergency or serious economic conditions, while at the same time trying to convince us that the economy is doing great.

He thinks he's mostly hurting Democrats. That's probably part of his enthusiasm for putting the bite to federal employees. Also, he might be trying to create a bargaining chip in his ongoing campaign to try to figure out out to blackmail Congress into making taxpayers pay for the wall he promised we wouldn't have to pay for.

Well, you got to pay for those tax cuts to the billionaires somehow.

This thread isn't about Obama.

It's about Trump.....

(1) Punishing 800,000 Federal workers who are not getting paid right now because Trump lied when he said Mexico would pay for his border wall.

(2) Taking away the raise of all Federal workers for 2019.

I never took a DP forum pledge to not use whataboutisms, so your demand is irrelevant.

During any type of gov. shutdown, employees are not paid because of a president's demands.
Your point?

I feel for them. Hopefully, this will all end soon when the Democrats finally decide to come to the table and compromise.

As for your last point, Trump's haters have been complaining that he is not fiscally responsible.
He finally shows restraint by freezing 2019 wages, and they still aren't happy. Why is this his problem?

I really admire the President's courage.

He is not backing down in the face of ominous threats from his enemies.

Federal workers are already very lucky people anyway:

1. They get good salaries.
2. They have good medical insurance.
3. They have de facto tenure (it's almost impossible to fire the incompetent/lazy).

Republicans hold the presidency, senate and House. It is a Republican shutdown. Trump already owned it and it is on him.

Yes, we know... You don't have to wear it out. We know Trump took credit for the shut-down, but for the shut-down to end, the do nothing sit on their ass Dems. need to get with the program and make the shut-down end.
Trump has dropped his price. Their turn to accept or reasonably counter his offer.

3. They have de facto tenure (it's almost impossible to fire the incompetent/lazy).

As of yesterday the members of the Coast Guard are not being paid.....You know the incompetent and lazy as you call them

The fact is, Trump's donated his salary to worthy causes.

Well when you are spending MILLIONS OF DOLLARS on golf outings and other rallies on the American Tax Payer dime, putting (500K) of his salary to charity is NOTHING to him. Your comments just prove complete ignorance on your part.

They will all be repaid when the Dems. decide to play ball, and in the meantime, letters are available for them to give to their creditors.

Yes, we know... You don't have to wear it out. We know Trump took credit for the shut-down, but for the shut-down to end, the do nothing sit on their ass Dems. need to get with the program and make the shut-down end.
Trump has dropped his price. Their turn to accept or reasonably counter his offer.

Dropped his price????....When?.....trump's wall is a joke...The Democrats aren't going to fund it.....Deal with it

Well when you are spending MILLIONS OF DOLLARS on golf outings and other rallies on the American Tax Payer dime, putting (500K) of his salary to charity is NOTHING to him. Your comments just prove complete ignorance on your part.

All you have to offer in the way of a refutation are personal attacks.

Bye now... :2wave:

LOL Trump has dropped his price? The price for the American Taxpayer, according to Trump, was ZERO. Mexico was going to pay for it. That was his claim and that is what people are holding him too. Sorry your boy Trump's lies aren't being rewarded.

I see you are repeating a myth. You do know that the average federal employee makes 22% less than the equivalent job in the private sector

All you have to offer in the way of a refutation are personal attacks.

Bye now... :2wave:

You cannot refute ANYTHING I've said regarding Trump. Now run along now and go eat your Trix cereal.

You cannot refute ANYTHING I've said regarding Trump. Now run along now and go eat your Trix cereal.

Run they will......Jan 3 the Democratic House starts.....trump's free reign will be over

Yes, extortion is the appropriate word.

We know Trump took credit for the shut-down, but for the shut-down to end, the do nothing sit on their ass Dems. need to get with the program and make the shut-down end.

Do you really not realize how incredibly stupid that statement is? Everything before the first comma contradicted everything you wrote after it.

You're tying yourself into knots trying to throw spin at several different people at the same time. If it didn't work for Sauraman, it sure as hell isn't going to work for you. Though I wouldn't be surprised if a wormtongue or two doesn't validate you with some "likes."

Like the GOP in the past, Trump took the budget/federal workers hostage an issued demands. Unlike the GOP in the past, he rightfully acknowledged that it was his fault. Well....that is, before he lied and then commanded his minions to go stink up the internet by running the usual sort of dishonest interference on his behalf.

Back
Top Bottom