• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump is using Guns, Drugs and Border Patrol as Props

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Fake President uses fake props for fake emergency. Who would have thought?

But of course Daily Losers thinks its all real: TRUMP’S IMMIGRATION ROUNDTABLE INCLUDES SMUGGLED GUNS, DRUGS, MONEY

Trump uses Border Patrol agents as props during Fox News interview

NBC reporters point out that the drugs and guns weren't seized at the border but at points of entry...
The guns and drugs Trump is being shown at his event in McAllen, Texas, were seized at ports of entry.
https://twitter.com/jonallendc/status/1083450201652772864

But of course Daily Losers thinks its all real: TRUMP’S IMMIGRATION ROUNDTABLE INCLUDES SMUGGLED GUNS, DRUGS, MONEY

NBC reporters point out that the drugs and guns weren't seized at the border but at points of entry...

Guess what, the border near McAllen, TX also has proper fencing, so that makes sense. Even that dope Acosta owned himself by pointing that very things out while walking next to a fence/wall made of steel. So McAllen claims to be really safe, well duhhhhh, they have a ****ing wall. But that's not where the people cross, they go where there is no fence. And btw plenty of drugs, rapists, and crooks cross where there is no fence. I mean come on, you've seen the videos of people crossing the border not at a point of entry. Don't lie.

Trump is floundering. Painted himself into a corner and now he can't extract his dumb ass. I bet Trump didn't show this as a prop.....

Dwj9sKdUYAAThCM.jpg

Even the Russians are laughing at Trumps steel-slat wall.

Guess what, the border near McAllen, TX also has proper fencing, so that makes sense. Even that dope Acosta owned himself by pointing that very things out while walking next to a fence/wall made of steel. So McAllen claims to be really safe, well duhhhhh, they have a ****ing wall. But that's not where the people cross, they go where there is no fence. And btw plenty of drugs, rapists, and crooks cross where there is no fence. I mean come on, you've seen the videos of people crossing the border not at a point of entry. Don't lie.

they were not carrying guns and drugs and bags of money...

Trump is floundering. Painted himself into a corner and now he can't extract his dumb ass. I bet Trump didn't show this as a prop.....

If Democrats continue with the ports of entry stuff, Trump will lose the fight. It's a great counter message that shows they care about border security.

Dwj9sKdUYAAThCM.jpg

Try worrying yourself about our security once in your life, and not about Trump. This isn't about Trump, but you're obsessed to a dangerous level, to the point you don't give a **** about our country.

If Democrats continue with the ports of entry stuff, Trump will lose the fight. It's a great counter message that shows they care about border security.

Democrats never gave a **** about border security, just politics.

Is the criteria for caring about border security saying "build the wall" over and over and over and over again??????? Because up until Trump started saying it, he didn't seem to care about border security either.

Is the "point of entry" at the border? :mrgreen:

Try worrying yourself about our security once in your life, and not about Trump. This isn't about Trump, but you're obsessed to a dangerous level, to the point you don't give a **** about our country.

In this case it is because he didn't really think this through and just said a wall was going to be built without really getting into the details of what that actually meant logistically and financially. So now it's just a crap show of scrambling trying to make a complicated project sound good. This is precisely why I have no faith in this administration to do this and why I wouldn't give them a dime. Do I think barriers can work? Sure. Would I give large amounts of money to people who can't even get their story straight in terms of how it's going to get funded or it's actual scope? Nope.

and Republicans only care about symbolic wastes of money and not Border Security. Funny how this wasn't a "crisis" when it was a Republic Congress and Republican President, it only became a "crisis" when a Dem house came into play. Liars is what Republicans are.

Dwj9sKdUYAAThCM.jpg

Scary! You better hire a bodyguard. That woman is no doubt climbing across that wall because she intends to kill you.

and Republicans only care about symbolic wastes of money and not Border Security. Funny how this wasn't a "crisis" when it was a Republic Congress and Republican President, it only became a "crisis" when a Dem house came into play. Liars is what Republicans are.

No matter how many times you say this you will never get a citizen of Trump Fan Nation to be honest about it.

This was not a crisis until the Democrats won the House.

It is shocking to see how Trump is playing his base, and they are all allowing themselves to be played.

No matter how many times you say this you will never get a citizen of Trump Fan Nation to be honest about it.

It is shocking to see how Trump is playing his base, and they are all allowing themselves to be played.

And if the Republicans in the senate TRULY thought this was a important thing, they would have used the nuclear option to get it. They obviously didn't think this was a National Emergency then, they only do so now because the house Dems are opposed to it and they have a scapegoat.

In this case it is because he didn't really think this through and just said a wall was going to be built without really getting into the details of what that actually meant logistically and financially. So now it's just a crap show of scrambling trying to make a complicated project sound good. This is precisely why I have no faith in this administration to do this and why I wouldn't give them a dime. Do I think barriers can work? Sure. Would I give large amounts of money to people who can't even get their story straight in terms of how it's going to get funded or it's actual scope? Nope.

Wait, you didn't like Trump's detailed MS Paint drawing of the wall??? It's totally a real blueprint! You hate the country!!!!!!:3oops:

The sad part about it is Trump could have easily looked at immigration from a much broader perspective and pushed for immigration policies that would have made a difference. In that he could have included barriers to help DHS/BP; I would have been on board with something like that.

And if the Republicans in the senate TRULY thought this was a important thing, they would have used the nuclear option to get it. They obviously didn't think this was a National Emergency then, they only do so now because the house Dems are opposed to it and they have a scapegoat.

Exactly. I have been saying this over and over for the last few days.

That's why this little game is going to hurt the Republicans in the end. Granted Trump has a base of a few dozen million people who will support and believe him no matter what. But the independents and many other people aren't stupid. We use our heads, and we use our brains. This is not up for debate. This was not a crisis until the Dems won the House - if it was, it would have been addressed as a crisis between January 2017 and January 2019.

I know Trump thinks his base is stupid. His problem is assuming everyone else is, too.

It’s naive and stupid. Drugs are smuggled across uncontrolled sections of border all the time. It’s MUCH easier to get 100 twenty pound shipments across open border than it is to get one 2000 pound shipment across a controlled port and smugglers know this. Drugs go through ports primarily to insure that there are more photo ops for law enforcement with big stashes.

The sad part about it is Trump could have easily looked at immigration from a much broader perspective and pushed for immigration policies that would have made a difference. In that he could have included barriers to help DHS/BP; I would have been on board with something like that.

If Trump and the Republicans were smart, which we know they aren't, this is the PERFECT time to push for things like Mandated E-Verify and harsher punishments for employers who use illegals. However, they choose their battle as a "wall' . :lamo

Drugs go through ports primarily to insure that there are more photo ops for law enforcement with big stashes.

This has got to be your dumbest comment I've read from you. So drug dealers purposely get their stashes taken to insure more photo ops for law enforcement? Because THAT'S what drug dealers want. :lamo

You just keep proving me right every day about Trump supporters and not in a good way for them.

It’s naive and stupid. Drugs are smuggled across uncontrolled sections of border all the time. It’s MUCH easier to get 100 twenty pound shipments across open border than it is to get one 2000 pound shipment across a controlled port and smugglers know this. Drugs go through ports primarily to insure that there are more photo ops for law enforcement with big stashes.

Don't be ridiculous!! When was the last time someone was caught smuggling drugs across an open border???

Just yesterday someone got caught smuggling drugs into a philly port...

If Trump and the Republicans were smart, which we know they aren't, this is the PERFECT time to push for things like Mandated E-Verify and harsher punishments for employers who use illegals. However, they choose their battle as a "wall' . :lamo

Just a layperson's perspective here, but if someone asked me how to go about it I would look to do the following:

1. Eliminating the demand for cheap labor through existing laws and punishing employers violating the law.
2. Provide barriers in high population border areas and improved surveillance/staffing in remote areas including technology to aid BP agents respond quickly.
3. Improve the registration process for asylum seekers so it is a more efficient process and we can document those coming into this country.

Something like that would signal to me that a person is interested in improving a bad situation. I wouldn't have just talked about border security without the others because in my opinion they should all be pursued simultaneously. My guess is even if Trump builds a wall, the rest will fall by the wayside and all we'll be left with is a wall we'll be maintaining forever while people will still find a way in. Then of course the border security does nothing to address the large percentage of people who arrive by other means and stay passed their allotted time.

Back
Top Bottom