• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump is the imperfect vessel to wake up our nation

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Trump has shaken our nation to its core bringing attention about the dangers of radical Islam.

With Hillary as President, America will never be great again!

America needs a warrior in this war against Jihad. They have declared war on us. We need a fighter. Hillary represents more of the same thing.... blah blah blah.

It saddens to me say this but Bush was way too light on terror. Trump has the answer and understands the solution. The reality of the situation:

In six months, terrorists have killed more than 60 people on our shores; two of the perpetrators were the sons of immigrants, and one an immigrant herself.

It may be that one of the reasons we have avoided the problems of a France is sheer numbers. France has 50 percent more Muslim immigrants than we do, even though it is a much smaller country. Only 1 percent of the U.S. population is Muslim; 7.5 percent of the French population is.
The Somali community in Minneapolis, seeded with refugees and then replenished with chain migration, has proved a rich recruiting ground for Islamist extremists of all stripes. This suggests that when we have our own enclaves of poor Muslim immigrants, the experience isn’t a happy one.

On the current trajectory, we will take in 1 million Muslim immigrants or more over the next decade. It can’t be racist or out of bounds to ask whether that’s a good idea.

Heed Trump’s Warning - POLITICO Magazine

Curbing immigration is necessary in order to become great again! Trump has a simple yet brilliant solution. Stop people who potentially may want to cause harm to Americans from entering our country. Why democrats support unabridged immigration is beyond me.

Trump has shaken our nation to its core bringing attention about the dangers of radical Islam.

America needs a warrior in this war against Jihad. They have declared war on us. We need a fighter. Hillary represents more of the same thing.... blah blah blah.

It saddens to me say this but Bush was way too light on terror. Trump has the answer and understands the solution. The reality of the situation:

Curbing immigration is necessary in order to become great again! Trump has a simple yet brilliant solution. Stop people who potentially may want to cause harm to Americans from entering our country. Why democrats support unabridged immigration is beyond me.

I am with U in spirit man.

Got things to do.

Trump is a wake up call.

I think Trump has shaken our nation to its core bringing attention the deficiencies of the American education such that people lack an understanding of exactly what a President does and what qualifies one for the office.

Trump is a wake up call.

Agreed. But will we only hit the snooze button?

I am stunned so many of my fellow Americans would vote for a racist like Trump for anything.

Trump is a warrior? That trash-TV, real-estate shyster, scam artist is your idea of a warrior?
Follow your warrior. He'll drop you like a bad habit as soon as it's in his own best interests. And if he actually plants his pampered ass in the White House it'll be the darkest day in American history since I don't know when.

I am stunned so many of my fellow Americans would vote for a racist like Trump for anything.

I don't think Trump's racist. I'd consider him to be more xenophobic.

One does not rule out the other. Trump is a lot of things, but I cant think of a good one. He is even orange.

One does not rule out the other. Trump is a lot of things, but I cant think of a good one. He is even orange.

Well sure, but I've heard more xenophobic rhetoric come from him than racist rhetoric.

But we can definitely agree that there's nothing good about Trump. He is a walking and talking political disaster.

Muslims account for only about 1 percent of the U.S. population but account for about half of terrorist attacks since 9/11.

Continuing to admit 1 million Muslim immigrants per decade will translate into more attacks. We need to cut Muslim immigration.

Donald Trump & Muslim Immigration | National Review Online

Trump has been right all along. Stop Muslims from coming into this country or have them pass strict litmus test's before being allowed in our country. You cannot dispute the facts:

Muslims in the United States are about 5,000 percent more likely to commit terrorist attacks than non-Muslims.

Last edited:
There has never been a Trump family member to wear the US military uniform. But am certain he has seen a lot of war movies so he must be a real fighter.

There has never been a Trump family member to wear the US military uniform. But am certain he has seen a lot of war movies so he must be a real fighter.

Same thing with FDR. As with 11 others.

The 12 Presidents who did not serve were: Adams, John Quincy Adams, Van Buren, Cleveland, Taft, Wilson, Harding, Coolidge, Hoover, FDR, Clinton, and Obama

The 12 Presidents who did not serve were: Adams, John Quincy Adams, Van Buren, Cleveland, Taft, Wilson, Harding, Coolidge, Hoover, FDR, Clinton, and Obama

OH COME ON NOW, everyone knows that Trumps enormous fighting skills were gleaned from WWE and professional boxing.

Wrong. For starters , Obama's grandfather wore the US uniform as well as Clinton's dad who fought in WWII.

What I am saying is that the Trump family has never known what it is like to have a member wear that uniform. Even members of the royal family of England have served in the military.

Trump has no idea what it is like going to the airport to see your son go off to boot camp in hostile times. The Trumps are too good for that.

Simply another sign of the dumbing of America to think this snake oil salesman is their new messiah.

Last edited:

Both are ignorance and arrogance, which is a bad combination in a leader. Throw in thinned-skinned narcissism and you have a lethal combination in someone that is not a leader, but a cult figure.

Both are ignorance and arrogance, which is a bad combination in a leader. Throw in thinned-skinned narcissism and you have a lethal combination in someone that is not a leader, but a cult figure.

gebus, I think you have something there :eek: and it will have horrifying repercussions

Wrong. For starters , Obama's grandfather wore the US uniform as well as Clinton's dad who fought in WWII.

What I am saying is that the Trump family has never known what it is like to have a member wear that uniform. Even members of the royal family of England have served in the military.

Trump has no idea what it is like going to the airport to see your son go off to boot camp in hostile times. The Trumps are too good for that.

Simply another sign of the dumbing of America to think this snake oil salesman is their new messiah.

By your definition, Bernie Sanders applies to your no military background-bad president theory as well?

Unfortunately 55% of the population drank that foul tasting "change " Kool aid . So now the wolves are circling the sheep . Disarming American's wasn't an after thought .

He has certainly made very clear to those that hadn't noticed it, when Obama was elected, that there is something very wrong with the voters at present.

By your definition, Bernie Sanders applies to your no military background-bad president theory as well?

I have no idea if any member of his family has ever served. I thought this thread was about Trump but by all means check it out. Am not voting for Sanders anyway.

So Trump has no idea what is like to have a son, father, uncle or any relative serve in our military as well as himself. He has about much knowledge of our military as I do about Chinese Opera.

Donald Trump & Muslim Immigration | National Review Online

Muslims account for only about 1 percent of the U.S. population but account for about half of terrorist attacks since 9/11.

Continuing to admit 1 million Muslim immigrants per decade will translate into more attacks. We need to cut Muslim immigration.

Trump has been right all along. Stop Muslims from coming into this country or have them pass strict litmus test's before being allowed in our country. You cannot dispute the facts:

Muslims in the United States are about 5,000 percent more likely to commit terrorist attacks than non-Muslims.

Example of how to twist anything to make something seem like something it isn't.

Muslims are not responsible for half of terrorist attacks in the United States, whether before or after 9/11. It's mainly white, youngish males. Many are far right extremists, and one or two have been older white males.

People should guard against scare tactics like the post I responded to, where half truths are told, "urgent" terminology is used, and plays on fears of the public. This is precisely what led to Germans being silent when the Jews were marched into concentration camps, after a long campaign by the German govt about how Jews were responsible for this and that, and all we need to do is get rid of the Jews. The propaganda speeches and films were filled with fear tactics, urgent terminology, and told lies or half truths.

Example of how to twist anything to make something seem like something it isn't.

Muslims are not responsible for half of terrorist attacks in the United States, whether before or after 9/11. It's mainly white, youngish males. Many are far right extremists, and one or two have been older white males.

People should guard against scare tactics like the post I responded to, where half truths are told, "urgent" terminology is used, and plays on fears of the public. This is precisely what led to Germans being silent when the Jews were marched into concentration camps, after a long campaign by the German govt about how Jews were responsible for this and that, and all we need to do is get rid of the Jews. The propaganda speeches and films were filled with fear tactics, urgent terminology, and told lies or half truths.

This is a factual statement:

Unless proven otherwise you are incorrect and the above statement is factual. This is not a scare tactic but an understanding of what is in front of you. Liberals like yourself are in denial and promoting Neville Chamberlain's appeasement tactics. Continue to have your head in the sand regarding the dangers of Muslims.

Is it a mere coincidence that these terrorists attacks are being committed by Muslims?

I have no idea if any member of his family has ever served. I thought this thread was about Trump but by all means check it out. Am not voting for Sanders anyway.

So Trump has no idea what is like to have a son, father, uncle or any relative serve in our military as well as himself. He has about much knowledge of our military as I do about Chinese Opera.

You are blaming Trump for something he has no control over. I doubt having a relative serving in the military would change his mindset in anyway. Often times it is difficult to see the frame when you are in the picture so I see his lack of military experience a plus.

Those that have an extensive military background often times have a unilateral viewpoint and are unable to adapt a diverse set of ideas and solutions.

Douglas MacArthur was a great general however with him as President we would probably have dissolved as a nation fighting communism after WW2.

Back
Top Bottom