• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump is the imperfect vessel to wake up our nation

Trump has shaken our nation to its core bringing attention about the dangers of radical Islam.

With Hillary as President, America will never be great again!

America needs a warrior in this war against Jihad. They have declared war on us. We need a fighter. Hillary represents more of the same thing.... blah blah blah.

It saddens to me say this but Bush was way too light on terror. Trump has the answer and understands the solution. The reality of the situation:

Heed Trump’s Warning - POLITICO Magazine

Curbing immigration is necessary in order to become great again! Trump has a simple yet brilliant solution. Stop people who potentially may want to cause harm to Americans from entering our country. Why democrats support unabridged immigration is beyond me.

Trump is a goon. You and the other Trump supporters have literally HANDED the White House to the most corrupt Democrat in recent memory. I hope you'll still be here in November to accept the full throat-ed venom that will be coming your way?

Yes, I have been there twice. In 1988 while in the Military and 2004 for an inexpensive vacation. Like all of Latin America it has wonderful resort areas and walled off areas for the rich surrounded by 3rd world poverty.

I was there for 3 weeks in 2010. Rented a car and drove all over the country (not just in walled off areas). I can assure you that your assessment of what you saw (or was told) is not accurate...or at least as of 2010.

Trump has shaken our nation to its core bringing attention about the dangers of

Let me stop you right there. I will take this from here.

A. Racism
B. Demagoguery
C. Hatred
D. Isolationism
E. Misogyny
F. All of the Above

I'll take F.

We all know that liberals hate Trump. But what do fellow conservative Republicans think?

Let's take a listen:

Rubio: “fraud,” “con man,” “lunatic,” “the most vulgar person to ever aspire to the presidency”
Susan Collins: “contentious and bizarre”
Lindsey Graham: a “race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot”
Jindal: “a madman who must be stopped”
Perry: a “barking carnival act.”
Republican Senator Mirk Kirk: “I think he’s too bigoted and racist”
Former GOP Senator Tom Coburn: “repulsive”
Mark Salter, John McCain’s chief of staff: “He’s just unfit for office.”

My, my. :(

Trump has shaken our nation to its core bringing attention about the dangers of radical Islam.

America needs a warrior in this war against Jihad. They have declared war on us. We need a fighter. Hillary represents more of the same thing.... blah blah blah.

It saddens to me say this but Bush was way too light on terror. Trump has the answer and understands the solution. The reality of the situation:

Curbing immigration is necessary in order to become great again! Trump has a simple yet brilliant solution. Stop people who potentially may want to cause harm to Americans from entering our country. Why democrats support unabridged immigration is beyond me.

Trump has the policy knowledge of a chimp. He speaks in the language of a 3rd grader because that's the mentality of his constituents. He's a pathological liar and if it weren't for Daddy, the best he could be is a used car salesman. And a poor one at that.

Trump is a goon. You and the other Trump supporters have literally HANDED the White House to the most corrupt Democrat in recent memory. I hope you'll still be here in November to accept the full throat-ed venom that will be coming your way?

Hillary Clinton is not corrupt. The Republican smear machine has tried mightily to make her appear that way, but all they have to show for all their efforts are flimsy ho-hum reports like today's report on Benghazi. File it along with all the others.
But you keep repeating the allegations over and over to make people believe that there must be fire behind all your endless smoke. But there isn't. And that just kills you guys.

Hillary Clinton is not corrupt. The Republican smear machine has tried mightily to make her appear that way, but all they have to show for all their efforts are flimsy ho-hum reports like today's report on Benghazi. File it along with all the others.
But you keep repeating the allegations over and over to make people believe that there must be fire behind all your endless smoke. But there isn't. And that just kills you guys.

Hillary Clinton is as crooked as a dog's hind leg.

Oh look, another victim of the reality gap:
5.12.16.jpg

Source: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_National_51116.pdf
Republicans also got the question about how the stock market has done under Obama wrong.

Here's another:
original.jpg

Source: https://today.yougov.com/news/2015/04/24/americans-slowly-and-steadily-warm-obamacare/

So you think Hillary's "crooked." Well guess what? The world's different from what you think it is. Because of your information choices.

Last edited:
I don't think Trump's racist. I'd consider him to be more xenophobic.

Nah hes a compelte narcissist.
He will use anyone and throw anyone under the bus depending on how it suits him at the time. It isnt about race/religion/sexual orientation or anything else you can think of it is all about Trump, his ego and money

For you conservatives out there who are puzzled by the question posed in post #60, here's the answer:

UnemploymentBushObama2.png

It's actually down to 4.7 percent now...

We are an imperfect Nation and trump is the proof that we are no longer thinking rationally. We will get exactly what we deserve.

Given as many instances of conflicts of interest, a known history of pay to play, a long list of suspicious financial windfalls at the same time claiming 'flat broke', a long list of at best unwise and at worst illegal campaign contributions, and 10 times all that swirling around the Clinton Foundation slush fund into which nearly every foreign leader has made 'contributions' (expecting a pay off somewhere along the line I'm sure).

Yeah, I'd call that over whelming evidence, granted circumstantial, but still a preponderance of evidence that both the Clinton's are crooked as a dog's hind leg.

I follow Nate fairly closely and I think he is right on and agrees with my own models. Trump’s problem is he was able to win the nomination with 40% of the Republican vote which base makes up 27% of the total electorate. To win the general election popular vote he normally would have to receive 50% plus one vote out of a 100% instead of 27%. But Johnson, Stein and other third party candidates are at the moment getting around 15% of the total vote. If that were to hold, Trump would then need 43% of the 85% of the total electorate who do not vote for a third party candidate to win. Clinton too.

Clinton is right close to that 43% with 42.3% according to RCP averages. Trump is at 36.8%.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton vs. Johnson vs. Stein

Normally third party candidates fade down the stretch for a variety of reasons, money to be heard, media exposure and being left out of the presidential debates are three of them. In 1996 Perot was at 17%, he ended up at 8%. In 1992 Perot was at 30% in June ending with 19%. 1980 John Anderson was at 21% in June ending at 7%. But Perot and Anderson had money and media exposure, Johnson and Stein this go around do not. So if history is a guide, at least 10 of that 15% will end up voting for Trump or Hillary, or perhaps just stay home.

So perhaps it will take 47 or 48% of the total vote instead of 43% if Johnson and Stein have the normal drop off. If so, that leaves 15% I shall call undecideds in which Clinton needs 5 of that 15% to win and Trump 11 out of the 15%.

Nate’s 80% might actually be low. Trump is even in worst shape when it comes to the electoral college. But we still have a long way to go.

I follow Nate fairly closely and I think he is right on and agrees with my own models. Trump’s problem is he was able to win the nomination with 40% of the Republican vote which base makes up 27% of the total electorate. To win the general election popular vote he normally would have to receive 50% plus one vote out of a 100% instead of 27%. But Johnson, Stein and other third party candidates are at the moment getting around 15% of the total vote. If that were to hold, Trump would then need 43% of the 85% of the total electorate who do not vote for a third party candidate to win. Clinton too.

Clinton is right close to that 43% with 42.3% according to RCP averages. Trump is at 36.8%.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton vs. Johnson vs. Stein

Normally third party candidates fade down the stretch for a variety of reasons, money to be heard, media exposure and being left out of the presidential debates are three of them. In 1996 Perot was at 17%, he ended up at 8%. In 1992 Perot was at 30% in June ending with 19%. 1980 John Anderson was at 21% in June ending at 7%. But Perot and Anderson had money a

nd media exposure, Johnson and Stein this go around do not. So if history is a guide, at least 10 of that 15% will end up voting for Trump or Hillary, or perhaps just stay home.

So perhaps it will take 47 or 48% of the total vote instead of 43% if Johnson and Stein have the normal drop off. If so, that leaves 15% I shall call undecideds in which Clinton needs 5 of that 15% to win and Trump 11 out of the 15%.

Nate’s 80% might actually be low. Trump is even in worst shape when it comes to the electoral college. But we still have a long way to go.

Excellent analysis.

Agreed, an excellent analysis.

But with this election being as much of an outlier from all the others before it, and all the candidates the same, do the previous tried and true analysis mechanisms necessarily apply? And if apply, prove to be accurate on these outlier factors?

Oh look, another victim of the reality gap:
5.12.16.jpg

Source: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_National_51116.pdf
Republicans also got the question about how the stock market has done under Obama wrong.

Here's another:
original.jpg

Source: https://today.yougov.com/news/2015/04/24/americans-slowly-and-steadily-warm-obamacare/

So you think Hillary's "crooked." Well guess what? The world's different from what you think it is. Because of your information choices.

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin...y-clinton-took-money-kings-four-countries-go/

She's taken money from the Saudi. That, ALONE, should disqualify her for any office. But you go right ahead and keep your head directly up her stinky, wrinkled, old ass.

I doubt the Donald has done anything to wake up the majority of voters, most do not support him and he will not be sitting in the Oval Office next year. Now if you mean has he galvanized voters, Libs and Cons, against him and by association the GOP ten you would be correct.

Trump is nearly as bad. The difference being ONLY that he's not had as much experience with it. Clinton is rotten to the core with this kind of crap.

Neither is worth my vote and hence will not get it, too bad there is no "None of the Above" selection and the Parties would be forced to field new candidates if 50% or more voters selected that choice.

I wish we Trump supporters had a better candidate.

But having said that, if we did, it would be the same old palsy walsy dance the elites do with each other and the result would be the same - another elitist, mulit cultural, multi national, representative of "someone other than me" telling "To all come together as Americans". Yeah, right. BOHICA!

No one would be serious about illegal immigration. As usual.
No one would be serious about predatory trade practices, As usual.
No one would be against TPP because it shafts American workers. As usual.
There is more.

The bottom line is Trump's imperfections are part of the package. There is no way any other mortal could have risen up and grabbed our calcified election system by the throat and said, "Oh no you don't. This time you are going to represent America and it's citizens."

I'll take my chances with Trump.

Neither is worth my vote and hence will not get it, too bad there is no "None of the Above" selection and the Parties would be forced to field new candidates if 50% or more voters selected that choice.

I'm voting for Gary Johnson unless something changes DRASTICALLY between now and November.

Back
Top Bottom