• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump is such an ahole.

Simpletruther

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

He just gave dedantis a childish nickname.

He reminds me of professional wrestling where they put on a show of hating each other to draw the crouds. It's one thing to call Jeb bush low energy. That is not going too far or too nasty. So Some of his stuff is effective. But he just gets too offensive and ugly to decent people. Anything to try to win.

And he would likely be more popular without that level of nastiness. And it's so uneeded.

Though I would take him over anything the dems have. I would love it though if desantis kicked his arse and shut his big mouth up for good.

I would rather the candidates go after each other than watch the voters call each other names.

Being an ahole is Trump’s whole shtik. That’s what has given him a “bump in the poles” every time - from dissing John McCain to the Access Hollywood recording. Every time you think he can’t possibly go any lower, he finds away, and it has only meant higher poll numbers.

With the current GOP base the only way DeSantis is going to beat him is to be an even bigger ahole. That’s what it’s all about these days. Why do you think all these Republican politicians now are falling all over themselves trying to act like a bigger ahole than the next guy? Because that’s the only way to win in that party today.

Being an ahole is his whole shtik. That’s what gave him a “bump in the poles” every time - from dissing John McCain to the Access Hollywood recording. With the current GOP base the only way DeSantis is going to beat him is to be an even bigger ahole. That’s what it’s all about these days.
I don't think so.

I would rather the candidates go after each other than watch the voters call each other names.
One thing Trump has done, is bring out the ahole in the left. Many of them have been liberated by trump to be royal aholes that they already were deep down. and they love living that life now. They can just say "but trump" if one complains.

One thing Trump has done, is bring out the ahole in the left. Many of them have been liberated by trump to be royal aholes that they already were deep down. and they love living that life now. They can just say "but trump" if one complains.
Things is they turned their anger for him to the voters. Hillary started it with the deplorables, and it has been non-stop hate ever since. Really is a shame!

Things is they turned their anger for him to the voters. Hillary started it with the deplorables, and it has been non-stop hate ever since. Really is a shame!
It was already there. But now they feel they can let it out.

DeSantis should be pleased. Trump gives childish nicknames to those that he feels threatened by.

He’s right. DeSantis is a threat to him.

He reminds me of professional wrestling where they put on a show of hating each other to draw the crouds. It's one thing to call Jeb bush low energy. That is not going too far or too nasty. So Some of his stuff is effective. But he just gets too offensive and ugly to decent people. Anything to try to win.

And he would likely be more popular without that level of nastiness. And it's so uneeded.

Though I would take him over anything the dems have. I would love it though if desantis kicked his arse and shut his big mouth up for good.

Say what you want though, it's a pretty funny & clever name.

That being said, your article claims the name actually came from Rodger Stone.

Trump gonna Trump. I agree that this time may be different. But, I thought he was done last time after the Megan Kelly fiasco and he barely broke stride.

The mango mistake showed us that using childish nicknames is very presidential.

His stunts may have worked last time but I highly doubt it'll work again. The world has changed a lot.
It will work for the primary at least.

His stunts may have worked last time but I highly doubt it'll work again. The world has changed a lot.
No it hasn't.

I prefer DeDouche

It's fitting

Then you didn't pay attention to the 2016 GOP primaries. He beat the others by constantly belittling them.
I disagree. He was highly popular from the beginning. Some of his rough rhetoric, and nick names were clever and showed he was a fighter etc. They helped him.

Bit the nasty stuff, the mean spirited nick names, the Megan kelly deal, the reflexive childish responses to perceived slights, I think he won in Spite of that. And woukd have been more popular and may have won the second. Time with just a little more class.

Being an ahole is Trump’s whole shtik. That’s what has given him a “bump in the poles” every time - from dissing John McCain to the Access Hollywood recording. Every time you think he can’t possibly go any lower, he finds away, and it has only meant higher poll numbers.

With the current GOP base the only way DeSantis is going to beat him is to be an even bigger ahole. That’s what it’s all about these days. Why do you think all these Republican politicians now are falling all over themselves trying to act like a bigger ahole than the next guy? Because that’s the only way to win in that party today.
What do you think about Manchin's comments regarding Biden?

Back
Top Bottom