• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump is running to prove that Dictatorship is the only truly effective gov't?

Abbazorkzog

Zapatista Libertarian
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I think it is very possible;

Donald Trump has on numerous occasions cited his admiration for Vladimir Putin and retweeted quotes from Mussolini - father of Fascism.

Donald Trump incites displeasure with immigrants and minorities to bolster his ratings in the polls.

Donald Trump rides a wave of anti-government sentiment and dissatisfaction with the status-quo.

I, personally, think it is quite obvious that Trump has aspirations of becoming a Dictator. What say you?

I think it is very possible;

Donald Trump has on numerous occasions cited his admiration for Vladimir Putin and retweeted quotes from Mussolini - father of Fascism.

Donald Trump incites displeasure with immigrants and minorities to bolster his ratings in the polls.

Donald Trump rides a wave of anti-government sentiment and dissatisfaction with the status-quo.

I, personally, think it is quite obvious that Trump has aspirations of becoming a Dictator. What say you?

Trump is a businessman. He sees how good Putin is to those that support him on the goodies he lavished on Schröder for the gas pipeline that made Germany and the EU impotent in crunch situations and the Chancellor's help in the Iraq situation among others he aids financially and in business. So you would think that he would bend over forwards to accommodate the manly man. ;)

Trump is a businessman. He sees how good Putin is to those that support him on the goodies he lavished on Schröder for the gas pipeline that made Germany and the EU impotent in crunch situations and the Chancellor's help in the Iraq situation among others he aids financially and in business. So you would think that he would bend over forwards to accommodate the manly man. ;)

So, what are you saying? That he is literally attempting to stoke sectarian strife by plunging the nation into utter chaos to 'reset' the natural order of things via essentially wrecking the government on purpose? To ensure that business essentially runs the gov't? To ensure that business destroys the government? Or... yeah? Forgive me if I'm wrong...

So, what are you saying? That he is literally attempting to stoke sectarian strife by plunging the nation into utter chaos to 'reset' the natural order of things via essentially wrecking the government on purpose? Or... yeah? Forgive me if I'm wrong...

I would think that it is hard to say, what drives people. I pointed out Schröder, who did his country and our's enormous damage and later got a profitable contract from the Russian (in reward?). Heads of state as well as potential ones probably noticed this. And after seeing the way things have gone, you must assume that anyone praising Putin as anything other than a dangerous autocrat must either be hoping for rewards or utterly ignorant of the situation and stupid.
Or is there a third alternative?

I would think that it is hard to say, what drives people. I pointed out Schröder, who did his country and our's enormous damage and later got a profitable contract from the Russian (in reward?). Heads of state as well as potential ones probably noticed this. And after seeing the way things have gone, you must assume that anyone praising Putin as anything other than a dangerous autocrat must either be hoping for rewards or utterly ignorant of the situation and stupid.
Or is there a third alternative?

There is always a third alternative. No logical argument can be reduced down to a mere two possibilities. There is a third, fourth, fifth, and so on...

There is always a third alternative. No logical argument can be reduced down to a mere two possibilities. There is a third, fourth, fifth, and so on...

Sure....

It seems far-fetched to me that he wants to become a dictator. Certainly, like most other candidates, he is stroking his ego in this run for office. My bet is that deep inside, he can't believe he's come this far.

Would he declare martial law? Who knows? Such a declaration would be the only way, IMO, to actually become a dictator.

As the system warms up to him, he will soon realize that he can accomplish much more FOR HIMSELF by working within the corrupt system he has mentioned so many times. His already substantial wealth could be greatly increased by just playing the game. By working with the corrupt congress and courts, there would be no need to declare martial law and become a dictator.

Back
Top Bottom