• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump is reportedly 'glued' to the stock market's fluctuations and worried he's causing them

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
President Donald Trump has been consulting with his advisors to see if his trade policies are responsible for the volatility that has hammered markets in recent weeks, according to The Wall Street Journal.

One person close to the White House told the WSJ that the president is "glued" to the stock market.

The Journal report and a number of tweets from the president suggest that he still blames the Federal Reserve's rate hikes for the market issues. However, stocks have continued to slide this week even amid expectations that the Fed may ease up on its rate-hiking cycle.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/07/tru...luctuations-and-worried-hes-causing-them.html

I am a bit confused about this story.

He's coming to this realization now????

Last edited:
Trump is reportedly 'glued' to the stock market's fluctuations and worried he's causing them
That man thinks he's infallible. That he's causing the stock market's volatility (and/or value drops) shouldn't be among his concerns. That said, to the extent he thinks he is the volatility's cause, he's right; he and his words, deeds and generally chaotic approach to running the country and government indeed are principal causes of it.

Note:
I don't watch Fox and Friends. Did one of the hosts of that program intimate that Trump's the cause? I can't imagine any other reason for him to consider that he be the cause of the volatility in the stock market.

That man thinks he's infallible. That he's causing the stock market's volatility (and/or value drops) shouldn't be among his concerns. That said, to the extent he thinks he is the volatility's cause, he's right; he and his words, deeds and generally chaotic approach to running the country and government indeed are principal causes of it.

I agree he thinks he is infallible, but if anything can poke holes of doubt in that it might be is own portfolio taking a beating.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/07/tru...luctuations-and-worried-hes-causing-them.html

I am a bit confused about this story.

He's coming to this realization now????

His claim that he magically made the economy great again is all that he has now. If the market crashes, what does he have to say about his catastrophe of a presidency? Will he blame Obama for the economy?

The entire idea behind his tax cuts is that the markets and economy will boom and pay for the tax cuts. All Republicans made this ridiculous claim.

Rational people understood that the market is cyclical and we're overdue for a recession. If we cut taxes during the good times, what are we going to do during a recession?

You would think Republicans learned their lesson of G.W. Bush's tax cut fiasco but no. We're going it again.

Let me know when someone with a name comes up with a rumor. At least then we'll have something to go by when judging the veracity of the rumor.

Trump is the ultimate narcissist who truly believes he is the center of the planet and everything revolves around him. So why should it be a surprise to anyone that Trump believes the stock market goes up or down depending on his latest bowel movement?

Back
Top Bottom