• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump is Panicking

Trump is on a Tweeter rant today and most of it is toward Mueller. Since there hasn't been any news released by Mueller, it could be that the President has been hearing from the people that are likely to be indicted (such as Roger Stone) that things are coming to a head and that something will come out within the next few weeks, as soon as Mueller gets the written responses to his questions that supposedly are almost ready to be sent to Mueller.

Nonetheless, these tweets today show panic is being felt by Trump:

1) Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
The only “Collusion” is that of the Democrats with Russia and many others. Why didn’t the FBI take the Server from the DNC? They still don’t have it. Check out how biased Facebook, Google and Twitter are in favor of the Democrats. That’s the real Collusion!

9:59 AM - Nov 15, 2018

2)
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Universities will someday study what highly conflicted (and NOT Senate approved) Bob Mueller and his gang of Democrat thugs have done to destroy people. Why is he protecting Crooked Hillary, Comey, McCabe, Lisa Page & her lover, Peter S, and all of his friends on the other side?

9:49 AM - Nov 15, 2018

3)
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
....care how many lives the ruin. These are Angry People, including the highly conflicted Bob Mueller, who worked for Obama for 8 years. They won’t even look at all of the bad acts and crimes on the other side. A TOTAL WITCH HUNT LIKE NO OTHER IN AMERICAN HISTORY!

7:32 AM - Nov 15, 2018

4)
The inner workings of the Mueller investigation are a total mess. They have found no collusion and have gone absolutely nuts. They are screaming and shouting at people, horribly threatening them to come up with the answers they want. They are a disgrace to our Nation and don’t...

7:14 AM - Nov 15, 2018

and then this Trump tweet today that caused us to be the laughingstock of the world:

The White House is running very smoothly and the results for our Nation are obviously very good. We are the envy of the world. But anytime I even think about making changes, the FAKE NEWS MEDIA goes crazy, always seeking to make us look as bad as possible! Very dishonest!

3:59 AM - 15 Nov 2018

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-envy-of-the-world-backfires_us_5bed6075e4b03af892674682

An innocent person does not do this as he would be confident that Mueller will find nothing. This is especially true today given that there is no reason to amp up his attacks on Mueller other than to generate enough anger to have his lackey Whitaker do something to stop the investigation.

Nonetheless, it is probably too late to stop the investigation as it has been said that Mueller was just waiting for the mid-term elections to finish and is waiting for the written answers to his questions from Trump. This does suggest that within a couple of weeks, it will all be out in the public eye.

I predict the frequency of Trump's Twitter meltdowns will increase the close we get to seeing Junior, and possibly Jared, indicted.

There was a report earlier that we are nearing the 40th year since the Jonestown Kool-Aid event. I was surprised to learn that one of Congressman Ryan’s staff was Jackie Speirs now a Congress critter herself. CA 14th. She was shot multiple times and was without care overnight. He held sway over 900 people.........Trump has trumped that feat!
Fruedian slip? :mrgreen:

I don't see it that way. It's his supporters that have the problem. I've seen reports during the campaign and early days of his Presidency, where he's told inner-cohorts that he can't believe the stuff he gets away with telling them (his base).

In other words, these Tweets are deliberate political maneuvers; and they work (upon his base).

Of course. Trump is the reality-TV President. A con man with a remarkable ability at churning up drama and using the brouhaha it creates to avoid any real repercussions of action. This is his bread and butter, he's great at it. He uses his twitter rants to do exactly this, make drama and get people yelling because then they end up yelling at each other and he's free to slink off and continue doing what he's doing.

I predict the frequency of Trump's Twitter meltdowns will increase the close we get to seeing Junior, and possibly Jared, indicted.

:popcorn2:

In most cases, I disagree (with the bolded).

Many of us see this as beneath the office, fake, politically motivated, and quite frankly un-American.

How is his tweeting un-American? Or any more un-American than Obama pandering to his base while in the oval office? The dictionary def. of un-American is treasonable, btw.

So let them try it then.... It will be their funeral in 2020 if they take the impeachment route...
Some of you would think the Dems also won the senate. Tell me again, how the Dems have the required 2/3rds senate vote to get a conviction. haha

if Mueller's investigation report describes a president who sold out his country to the russians, the republican senators will be the first in line to render a "guilty" verdict in the public impeachment trial

that's how a conviction would result

the clock was running for tRump's written responses to Mueller's questions
beauregard sessions was not in the loop to share any inside information and Rosenstein would not
now whitaker is willing and able to tell tRump and his lawyers where the legal land mines are buried
would not surprise me that tRump is now aware that no alibi, no matter how well constructed it would be from the likes of john barron and/or david dennison, would keep him from being screwed

I've been thinking about this too. Aside from sabotaging the Mueller investigation, installing Whitaker gives him a spy into what Mueller has, so it still makes sense, even given that so far he's made no move against Mueller. Trump is panicking because he knows Mueller has the goods. I expect him to eventually have Whitaker pull some stunt to try and bury the investigation, because he knows if the Mueller report gets to the public, him and the TRump empire of crap, are over.

Sounds to me the leftists panties are getting even more bunched up tight.

Trump's prospects of impeachment have increased by 75% since the election.

Border wall funding has dropped to 0%.

How is it that liberals undies are getting tested?

Lefty's are rooting for the economy to tank and people to lose their jobs.

The left will purposely crap on the economy just so they can blame DJT. And they'll have to do it quick since 2020 is just around the corner. Watch, as soon as the goddamned leftists get in there and get their frickin clutches on the economy, they take one big hairy crap on it.

Mark my words.

The left knows this too, hence the reason they want him to quit tweeting to his base.

I personally have said I wish he would stop tweeting, even made an entire thread on it at another forum I posted to for many years, but his base seems to love him for it, so there's also that.
[emphasis added by bubba]

nice attempt to pretend you are not a card carrying member of his base

Could be a bit of both, I mean for sure as I’ve said in the past, he has been conditioning his supporters to doubt anything Mueller may come out with.

And they are responsive to that conditioning, as you see all over the this forum.

But that is terrifying, not so much about Trump, but the fact such a massive portion of the American electorate could support Trump and his very transparent attempt to undermine any and all institutions that may hold him accountable, is very troubling.

Because they’ve shown they can and will support such a thing, doesn’t bode well for the future.
In my mind, it implies either:

1] Gross ignorance and/or naiveté

or,

2] Willful & wanton disregard

Neither are good ...

Of course. Trump is the reality-TV President. A con man with a remarkable ability at churning up drama and using the brouhaha it creates to avoid any real repercussions of action. This is his bread and butter, he's great at it. He uses his twitter rants to do exactly this, make drama and get people yelling because then they end up yelling at each other and he's free to slink off and continue doing what he's doing.

He knows exactly what he is doing... He simply uses a different means, (Twitter), to pander and get his haters including CNN, talking about him 24-7.
Heck, if he didn't tweet, nobody would be talking about him... well, not as much. :lol:

Mind you, I wish he would tweet less but people reading too much into his tweets is pretty funny.
I doubt Trump has panicked a day in his life. He's always been a twitter troll.

Lefty's are rooting for the economy to tank and people to lose their jobs.

please point out one of those posts

if Mueller's investigation report describes a president who sold out his country to the russians, the republican senators will be the first in line to render a "guilty" verdict in the public impeachment trial

that's how a conviction would result

While I agree with the premise, I disagree that it will actually happen. I'm sure the lines aren't drawn clearly enough to impeach Trump for treason. However, I do see it likely that Junior and/or Jared could be upon charges of election violations, financial irregularities, etc. Relatively minor stuff that could put them in jail for a few years, but not enough to impeach a President. The leverage prosecutors and Republicans would have is to make those charges against Junior and/or Jared go away if Trump resigned and stayed out of politics.

I think they are running out of bash Trump material too.

So here we are... lather, rinse, repeat.

OMG, Trump said something off color, and possibly incriminating on Twitter! His tweets show he's melting down with utter panic!!!

Whenever the bolded happens, your boi obliges! Gift that keeps giving.......:2wave:

I've been thinking about this too. Aside from sabotaging the Mueller investigation, installing Whitaker gives him a spy into what Mueller has, so it still makes sense, even given that so far he's made no move against Mueller. Trump is panicking because he knows Mueller has the goods. I expect him to eventually have Whitaker pull some stunt to try and bury the investigation, because he knows if the Mueller report gets to the public, him and the TRump empire of crap, are over.

The house can call Mueller to testify and recount the report verbatim.

Could be a bit of both, I mean for sure as I’ve said in the past, he has been conditioning his supporters to doubt anything Mueller may come out with.

And they are responsive to that conditioning, as you see all over the this forum.

But that is terrifying, not so much about Trump, but the fact such a massive portion of the American electorate could support Trump and his very transparent attempt to undermine any and all institutions that may hold him accountable, is very troubling.

Because they’ve shown they can and will support such a thing, doesn’t bode well for the future.

Not me, JBM... I have always said and will continue to say that if Trump is found to be dirty after the Mueller investigation completes, throw him out of office.
But here's a question for you. IF Trump is found to be clean after the Mueller investigation, will you accept it?

BTW, Trump's tweets don't convince me that he is panicking. Do they convince you of this? Explain why...

You have him pegged correctly!

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. He approaches daily White House life as if it's a Reality Show production, and he's the (master-mind) producer.

How is his tweeting un-American? Or any more un-American than Obama pandering to his base while in the oval office? The dictionary def. of un-American is treasonable, btw.
When he believes Putin over his U.S. government, that's un-American. Ditto for trampling on the 1st A.

[emphasis added by bubba]
nice attempt to pretend you are not a card carrying member of his base
Nice catch.

I think the post gets a x2 Double Bonus!! too.

implies not a member of Trump's base when clearly is
implies they don't like stuff about him, but then says they supports him because he gets results in the same sentence/breath.

->"But Trump does bad stuff I admit ! He gets results though, so I support him [the to exclusion of all else]!!".

So you support the bad stuff.

->"No, I just told you I oppose it!!!"

Whenever the bolded happens, your boi obliges! Gift that keeps giving.......:2wave:

Well, lookie here... this post of yours, meant to deflect proves it. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom