• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump is much more like Nero!

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I constantly see people try to say that Trump is like this or that person, that most often being Hitler. I say they are all wrong. After the last two weeks I say he is much more like the Roman's emperor Nero. You know, the one who played his fiddle while Rome burned. Never mind it was a lire and he was writing a poem while the city burned. Trump has basically playing golf while this country burned. Metaphorically that is. And now he says he will shut the government down for years unless he gets his stupid wall. Gopers and Trumpsters who have already run the deficit up by over 2 Trillion dollars in the first two years they have had total control of the government, now want to spend another 20-70 billion dollars to build a wall and then have to keep it up by spending 150 dollars a year. All of which could go into effective means of keeping the border safe. this is especially true sine there is no real problem at the border. The number of illegals trying the borders has dropped dramatically over the past ten years. We need to spend that kind of money where it will do the most good to keep drugs out of the country. That would be to control the waters around our coasts and the air where most of the drugs are coming in. It is also where almost all of the terrorists we have caught are coming into the country.

Is this what could be classified as a trolling?

Asking for a friend.

Is this what could be classified as a trolling?

Asking for a friend.

I'm sorry, did he offend your delicate sensibilities?

He did actually propose some sort of policy changes, which is a far cry from what you do, which is whine and lie about liberals all the time. Sack up, sport. Gonna be a long couple years until Cheeto Mussolini is finally run from the office he never deserved.

I'm sorry, did he offend your delicate sensibilities?

He did actually propose some sort of policy changes, which is a far cry from what you do, which is whine and lie about liberals all the time. Sack up, sport. Gonna be a long couple years until Cheeto Mussolini is finally run from the office he never deserved.

Meh.

He's no a Mussolini.

He's only made out to be one by the biased, yellow journalism that still claims it's unbiased, fair and impartial, none of which have any credibility.

Does he shoot himself in the foot? Yes.
Does he Twitter rank? Yes.

But a Mussolini, no, h's not.

Name a single right or liberty he's taken from anyone. Any? Not that i can see.

So the leftist media has excoriated him because they don't like him. Makes me inclined like him only more.

Just like during Obama’s time, when people said the US was in a period of decline like the Roman Empire and it was decadent etc.

Please people, stop trying to make comparisons to Rome if you don’t know what you’re talking about.

The Western Roman Empire at least, would last hundreds of years more after Nero and there’s no evidence he ever really did fiddle while Rome burned, not least of all because the Fiddle hadn’t been invented yet.

So the leftist media has excoriated him because they don't like him. Makes me inclined like him only more.

haha-take-that-liberals-maga-dog-31479730.png

Of course. You like him because liberals don't. The politics of spite. It is literally the only tenet of modern American conservatism. What a joke.

A bit more than that. From my view the liberal / progressive direction is the wrong direction for the nation.

This applies especially now, since the Democrat electorate have elected to office the most radical left ever seen to the House.

You are free to disagree, as am I free to hold this opinion.

At least for now, until the liberal / progressive / Democrats, i.e. the political left, is successful in silencing all political dissension and free speech that doesn't toe their political line, such as they are in the process of in society and on social media.

A bit more than that. From my view the liberal / progressive direction is the wrong direction for the nation.

This applies especially now, since the Democrat electorate have elected to office the most radical left ever seen to the House.

You are free to disagree, as am I free to hold this opinion.

At least for now, until the liberal / progressive / Democrats, i.e. the political left, is successful in silencing all political dissension and free speech that doesn't toe their political line, such as they are in the process of in society and on social media.

:roll:

And there's the wingnut victimhood complex we've all grown to just adore.

gNjCuMC.gif

I constantly see people try to say that Trump is like this or that person, that most often being Hitler. I say they are all wrong. After the last two weeks I say he is much more like the Roman's emperor Nero. You know, the one who played his fiddle while Rome burned. Never mind it was a lire and he was writing a poem while the city burned. Trump has basically playing golf while this country burned. Metaphorically that is. And now he says he will shut the government down for years unless he gets his stupid wall. Gopers and Trumpsters who have already run the deficit up by over 2 Trillion dollars in the first two years they have had total control of the government, now want to spend another 20-70 billion dollars to build a wall and then have to keep it up by spending 150 dollars a year. All of which could go into effective means of keeping the border safe. this is especially true sine there is no real problem at the border. The number of illegals trying the borders has dropped dramatically over the past ten years. We need to spend that kind of money where it will do the most good to keep drugs out of the country. That would be to control the waters around our coasts and the air where most of the drugs are coming in. It is also where almost all of the terrorists we have caught are coming into the country.

Except, new additions of history books will have to put an asterisks next to Nero's name because it took him so much longer to cause as much discord than it has trump.

:roll:

And there's the wingnut victimhood complex we've all grown to just adore.

gNjCuMC.gif

Sorry, but no. No 'wingnut victimhood'. Statement of fact.
Censorship of conservative speech and conservative thought on social media platforms is real.

Regardless of your (and other's) spouting liberal / progressive / leftist talking points, or how much you'd much rather deny that it exists.

Sorry, but no. No 'wingnut victimhood'. Statement of fact.
Censorship of conservative speech and conservative thought on social media platforms is real.

Regardless of your (and other's) spouting liberal / progressive / leftist talking points, or how much you'd much rather deny that it exists.

tenor.gif

Ahh. The willing blind. Gotta love them.

Yeah, yeah, we know. Alex Jones got run out of town because he’s a right-wing loon, not because of his actual actions.

Conservatives always feel compelled to cry persecution at any institution they don’t control.

Yeah, yeah, we know. Alex Jones got run out of town because he’s a right-wing loon, not because of his actual actions.

Conservatives always feel compelled to cry persecution at any institution they don’t control.

Don't want to control those social media platforms, but they are going to have to decide if they are truly platforms or publishers.
Publishes edit and control the content, platforms don't.
However, publishers are also liable for what they publish, an example being copyright images that are passed around like candy on these platforms.

I'd be more inclined that the social media platforms don't restrict or censor at all, rather than to try and control it in any fashion. However, is it the liberal / progressive / leftist side of the spectrum that are forcing the social media 'platforms' into the platform vs. publisher question, with demands to censor that which they don't like.

So who's really trying to control these 'platforms'? Doesn't seem like the right is.

Wasn't one of your previous posts from a few years ago of the position 'The response to free speech that you don't like is more free speech' ?

Doesn't seem that this is consistent with supporting social media platform's censorship of free speech you don't like, or perhaps you don't really support that position?

Don't want to control those social media platforms, but they are going to have to decide if they are truly platforms or publishers.
Publishes edit and control the content, platforms don't.
However, publishers are also liable for what they publish, an example being copyright images that are passed around like candy on these platforms.

I'd be more inclined that the social media platforms don't restrict or censor at all, rather than to try and control it in any fashion. However, is it the liberal / progressive / leftist side of the spectrum that are forcing the social media 'platforms' into the platform vs. publisher question, with demands to censor that which they don't like.

So who's really trying to control these 'platforms'? Doesn't seem like the right is.

Wasn't one of your previous posts from a few years ago of the position 'The response to free speech that you don't like is more free speech' ?

Doesn't seem that this is consistent with supporting social media platform's censorship of free speech you don't like, or perhaps you don't really support that position?

The people who are being "deplatformed" are engaged in a campaign of harrassment against people. That's not, and has never been, OK.

This really isn't a free speech issue, since Twitter/FB/YouTube/etc. are private companies with terms of service that, in the case of people like Jones, Laura Loomer and Milo, were repeatedly and egregiously violated. Freedom of speech does not, and never has, entailed a constitutional right to a platform. The fact that right-wing loons seem less able to control themselves than left-wing loons says a lot more about them than it does about social media platforms.

The people who are being "deplatformed" are engaged in a campaign of harrassment against people. That's not, and has never been, OK.

I don't believe that this applied to all the instances. It may have applied to some. I wonder if harassment of non-liberals is more tolerated. I wonder what the ratio of conservatives vs. non who are deplatformed. Hmm. Rather doubt there's hard (and accurate) data on that. I'd imagine that the platforms keep those metrics under lock and key.

This really isn't a free speech issue, since Twitter/FB/YouTube/etc. are private companies with terms of service that, in the case of people like Jones, Laura Loomer and Milo, were repeatedly and egregiously violated. Freedom of speech does not, and never has, entailed a constitutional right to a platform. The fact that right-wing loons seem less able to control themselves than left-wing loons says a lot more about them than it does about social media platforms.

I completely understand and agree that private companies have fewer restrictions on free speech than the government, to which the legislation is applied.

But that doesn't mean that it's 'right', nor does it eliminate, bypass, or address the platform vs publisher issue that I raised about platform's which censor.

And I'd reiterate once again, I think that the government should NOT be in control of, nor regulate, social media platforms. The best thing would be that the leaders of these platforms come to the realization of the platform vs. publisher issue, and how they could get it very wrong.

I'd be more inclined to support platforms with no censorship, i.e. a wild west, rather than government interference in the platforms.

LEAN = " Undisclosed "?
I think you just "disclosed" it.

Trump is like...no one else.

Seriously, no world leader (1st world, not 3rd world) has been like Trump. Typically, people don't let such incompetence make it this far.

This is a true 21st century American phenomenon. We allow enough of our electorate to be enamored by reality TV that we vote in a reality TV star as our leader. The absolute evidence of his lack of true leadership was so blindingly evident since early 2016 that I had to pity our current condition. Millions were convinced this guy was a master deal maker because scripted TV made him so. And enough of those millions in the right places made him president.

Not sure about the rest of you, but I saw through him almost immediately.

I'm hoping this presidency will be a humiliating national lesson. We've got to do better.

Back
Top Bottom