• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump is moving to Rikers Island criminal case against him is already in the works .....

Because you and others do not care for them doesn't make they psychos. I would look more towards lindsey graham. You can use his words against him. What is a post birth abortion? How do you abort something which is no longer inside the woman?
I don't know, but it sounds like another right wing wacko talking point. Interesting to divert what they claim is left wing psychos and derangement by bringing out right wing derangement.

I don't know, but it sounds like another right wing wacko talking point. Interesting to divert what they claim is left wing psychos and derangement by bringing out right wing derangement.

New York State to Allow Abortion up to Birth

For people who are excited about this, just remember this: if trump is ever indicted and he goes to court, if there's just one trump supporter on the jury it's over. So I would manage your expectations if I were you.

Hi Cardinal,

Well, than they have to prosecute him in DC. With 95% democrats that will give the jury good odds. :ROFLMAO:

Joey

New York State to Allow Abortion up to Birth

Hi Chuck,

I am not against abortion at all, but allowing it until birth is a bit over the top I think. I don't think I want to agree with that.

Women should have the right to abortion. It is a form of protection for the mother. I think up to a certain time period it should be allowed regardless the reason why a woman should want abortion. But after a certain period of time, I think it should get limited to health issues.

Anyway, I am a man. I guess I have no right to judge on this.

Joey

Hi Chuck,

I am not against abortion at all, but allowing it until birth is a bit over the top I think. I don't think I want to agree with that.

Women should have the right to abortion. It is a form of protection for the mother. I think up to a certain time period it should be allowed regardless the reason why a woman should want abortion. But after a certain period of time, I think it should get limited to health issues.

Joey
The super anti abortion website that Chuck linked to admitted that the provision was about "health". That was all it said. Didn't elaborate. It might permit an abortion if the life of the mother is at stake. We can't tell from the article. It looks like the main goal of the article is to argue for repeal of Roe v Wade.

There will be a lot of disappointment when nothing comes of this.
Oh, I agree that trump will face criminal charges, and probably be convicted eventually, but putting a former President in prison for anything less than Treason is highly unlikely. Now fining him into the poorhouse is not out of the question.

Oh, I agree that trump will face criminal charges, and probably be convicted eventually, but putting a former President in prison for anything less than Treason is highly unlikely. Now fining him into the poorhouse is not out of the question.
Do people go to Rykers for white collar crimes?

The super anti abortion website that Chuck linked to admitted that the provision was about "health". That was all it said. Didn't elaborate. It might permit an abortion if the life of the mother is at stake. We can't tell from the article. It looks like the main goal of the article is to argue for repeal of Roe v Wade.

Hi BearPoker,

It was more a general comment on the statement. I have heard people mention this before in the past. Gives me a very uncomfortable feeling. Hence my comment.

But a quick look at the article (sorry way to long for me to give it a read right now) showed me something else very interesting. Trump wearing clothes of which the colour matches the colour of his face. Hard to imagine Trump being more fashionable... :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Joey

Do people go to Rykers for white collar crimes?
I don't know enough about the place to answer definitely, but my guess would be yes. Again he was a President and in his 70's so it is highly unlikely.

1. Report: Trump Is Terrified About Going to Prison After Losing ...
    www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/11/donald-trump...
    Two of the investigations into Trump are being led by powerful state and city law-enforcement officials in New York. Cyrus Vance, Jr., the Manhattan District Attorney, and Letitia James, New York’s...
  2. Criminal probe, legal fights await Trump after White House ...
    www.seattletimes.com/business/criminal-probe...
    New York Attorney General Letitia James is also investigating whether Trump’s company lied about the value of its assets to get loans or tax benefits, though her probe is civil — not criminal ...
  3. The legal reckoning awaiting Donald Trump if he loses the ...
    www.cnn.com/2020/10/17/politics/trump-election...
    If things don't go Donald Trump's way on Election Day, the President may face more serious matters than how to pack up the West Wing.
  4. List of lawsuits involving Donald Trump - Wikipedia
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lawsuits_involving...
    Trump & Republican National Committee. Roger Stone (Roger J. Stone Jr.) found guilty by a jury in November 2019 of on obstruction of a congressional investigation, five counts of making false statements to Congress, and tampering with a witness in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
  5. Trump’s World Still Faces 16 Known Criminal Probes | WIRED
    www.wired.com/story/trumps-world-faces-16-known...
    In December, WIRED took stock of then 17 known criminal investigations swirling around Donald Trump, Russia’s role in the 2016 election, and Trump’s network of businesses and business partners ...
  6. 'No Blame?' ABC News finds 54 cases invoking 'Trump' in ...
    abcnews.go.com/Politics/blame-abc-news-finds-17...
    But a nationwide review conducted by ABC News has identified at least 54 criminal cases where Trump was invoked in direct connection with violent acts, threats of violence or allegations of assault.
  7. Will Donald Trump end up in prison? He could be a step closer ...
    www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/19/...
    Joe Biden has pledged that, if elected, he won’t pardon Trump. Is the president’s attempt to whip up a scandal about Obama because he is scared of going to jail himself, asks Arwa Mahdawi
  8. Here Are the Investigations Donald Trump Still Faces | Time
    time.com/5557644/donald-trump-other...
    One of the most prominent is around longtime Trump confidant Roger Stone, who was arrested in January 2019 as part of the Mueller investigation. He was charged with witness tampering and lying to...

Some people have very fertile imaginations. They should consider quitting their day jobs and becoming screenwriters.
That would be you most definitely. It always amaze me how many times you guys project. But you can never hope to approach Mr. One and done in that respect.

The People v. Donald J. Trump The criminal case against him is already in the works — and it could go to trial sooner than you think.

Through appeals, Trump has managed to drag out the battle over his tax returns. The case has gone all the way to the Supreme Court, back down to the district court, and back up to the appeals court. But Trump has lost at every stage, and it appears that his appeals could be exhausted this fall. Once Vance gets the tax returns, Eisen estimates, he could be ready to indict Trump as early as the second quarter of 2021.

Sheil, for one, believes Vance may already have Trump’s financial records. It’s routine procedure, he notes, for criminal tax investigators working with the Manhattan DA to obtain personal and business tax returns that are material to their inquiry. But issuing a subpoena to Trump’s accountants may have been a way to signal to them that they could face criminal charges themselves unless they cooperate in the investigation.

Once indicted, Trump would be arraigned at New York Criminal Court, a towering Art Deco building at 100 Centre Street. Since a former president with a Secret Service detail can hardly slip away unnoticed, he would likely not be required to post bail or forfeit his passport while awaiting trial. His legal team, of course, would do everything it could to draw out the proceedings. Filing appeals has always been just another day at the office for Trump, who, by some estimates, has faced more than 4,000 lawsuits during the course of his career.

But this time, his legal liability would extend to numerous other state and local jurisdictions, which will also be building cases against him. “There’s like 1,037 other things where, if anybody put what he did under a microscope, they would probably find an enormous amount of financial improprieties,” says Scott Shapiro, director of the Center for Law and Philosophy at Yale University.

Even accounting for legal delays, many experts predict that Trump would go to trial in Manhattan by 2023. The proceedings would take place at the New York State Supreme Court Building. Assuming that the judge was prepared for an endless barrage of motions and objections from Trump’s defense team, the trial might move quite quickly — no longer than a few months, according to some legal observers.

And given the convictions that have been handed down against many of Trump’s top advisers, there’s reason to believe that even pro-Trump jurors can be persuaded to convict him. “The evidence was overwhelming,” concluded one MAGA supporter who served on the jury that convicted Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chairman. “I did not want [him] to be guilty. But he was, and no one is above the law.”

Trump’s conviction would seal the greatest downfall in American politics since Richard Nixon.

Unlike his associates who were sentenced to prison on federal charges, Trump would not be eligible for a presidential pardon or commutation, even from himself. And while his lawyers would file every appeal they can think of, none of it would spare Trump the indignity of imprisonment.

Unlike the federal court system, which often allows prisoners to remain free during the appeals process, state courts tend to waste no time in carrying out punishment.

After someone is sentenced in New York City, their next stop is Rikers Island. Once there, as Trump awaited transfer to a state prison, the man who’d treated the presidency like a piggy bank would receive yet another handout at the public expense: a toothbrush and toothpaste, bedding, a towel, and a green plastic cup.

Time is drawing near ......

1. Report: Trump Is Terrified About Going to Prison After Losing ...
    www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/11/donald-trump...
    Two of the investigations into Trump are being led by powerful state and city law-enforcement officials in New York. Cyrus Vance, Jr., the Manhattan District Attorney, and Letitia James, New York’s...
  2. Criminal probe, legal fights await Trump after White House ...
    www.seattletimes.com/business/criminal-probe...
    New York Attorney General Letitia James is also investigating whether Trump’s company lied about the value of its assets to get loans or tax benefits, though her probe is civil — not criminal ...
  3. The legal reckoning awaiting Donald Trump if he loses the ...
    www.cnn.com/2020/10/17/politics/trump-election...
    If things don't go Donald Trump's way on Election Day, the President may face more serious matters than how to pack up the West Wing.
  4. List of lawsuits involving Donald Trump - Wikipedia
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lawsuits_involving...
    Trump & Republican National Committee. Roger Stone (Roger J. Stone Jr.) found guilty by a jury in November 2019 of on obstruction of a congressional investigation, five counts of making false statements to Congress, and tampering with a witness in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
  5. Trump’s World Still Faces 16 Known Criminal Probes | WIRED
    www.wired.com/story/trumps-world-faces-16-known...
    In December, WIRED took stock of then 17 known criminal investigations swirling around Donald Trump, Russia’s role in the 2016 election, and Trump’s network of businesses and business partners ...
  6. 'No Blame?' ABC News finds 54 cases invoking 'Trump' in ...
    abcnews.go.com/Politics/blame-abc-news-finds-17...
    But a nationwide review conducted by ABC News has identified at least 54 criminal cases where Trump was invoked in direct connection with violent acts, threats of violence or allegations of assault.
  7. Will Donald Trump end up in prison? He could be a step closer ...
    www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/19/...
    Joe Biden has pledged that, if elected, he won’t pardon Trump. Is the president’s attempt to whip up a scandal about Obama because he is scared of going to jail himself, asks Arwa Mahdawi
  8. Here Are the Investigations Donald Trump Still Faces | Time
    time.com/5557644/donald-trump-other...
    One of the most prominent is around longtime Trump confidant Roger Stone, who was arrested in January 2019 as part of the Mueller investigation. He was charged with witness tampering and lying to...

A very busy criminal mind ......

1. Donald Trump Could Be on Trial Sooner Than You Think
    www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/donald-trump...
    Donald Trump Could Be on Trial Sooner Than You Think ... an afternoon in traffic court. It may seem unlikely that Trump will ever wind up in a criminal court. ... time any federal charges come to ...
  2. Trump Could Be on Trial Sooner Than You Think | BCNN1 - Black ...
    blackchristiannews.com/2020/09/trump-could-be-on...
    Trump Could Be on Trial Sooner Than You Think. September 15, 2020. The defendant looked uncomfortable as he stood to testify in the shabby courtroom. Dressed in a dark suit and somber tie, he seemed aged, dimmed, his posture noticeably stooped. The past year had been a massive comedown for the 76-year-old former world leader.
  3. Donald Trump Could Be on Trial Sooner Than You Think
    nymag.com/intelligencer/article/donald-trump...
    Sep 14, 2020 · The People v. Donald J. Trump could go to trial sooner than you think. Here, according to the legal experts, is how Trump could become the first former president in American history to find ...
  4. Donald Trump Could Be on Trial Sooner Than You Think – NewsHub.me
    www.newshub.me/2020/09/14/donald-trump-could-be...
    Sep 14, 2020 · The proceedings would take place at the New York State Supreme Court Building. Assuming that the judge was prepared for an endless barrage of motions and objections from Trump’s defense team, the trial might move quite quickly — no longer than a few months, according to some legal observers.
  5. Trump could beat this sooner than you think
    www.afr.com/world/north-america/trump-could-beat...
    Oct 04, 2020 · If true, that would suggest Trump was confirmed as COVID-19 positive at least 36 hours earlier than first thought and just 13 or so hours after appearing on stage for last week’s debate with...
  6. New York Magazine Suggests Trump Could Be Imprisoned Sooner ...
    www.politicalflare.com/2020/09/new-york-magazine...
    Sep 14, 2020 · It would likely take anywhere from 3-5 years, by which time the article says that Trump may well be dead or senile. State court is an entirely different matter, although a state is unlikely to charge anything relating to crimes against the United States generally. But that’s not true of financial crimes.

Hi Chuck,

Joey
That can only be done when there are medical reasons for it, such as non-viable fetus, or the woman's health is seriously threatened.

Back
Top Bottom