• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Trump is having an Impact" : NATO Head credits president's tough talk for $100B boost

SLC

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
President Donald Trump "is committed to NATO" and deserves credit in obtaining $100 billion more in defense spending for the alliance, Jens Stoltenberg, the secretary general of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, said Sunday.

"President Trump has been very clear: He is committed to NATO. He stated that clearly just a few days ago and also at the NATO summit in July," Stoltenberg said on "Fox News Sunday."

Stoltenberg's comment stands in contrast to Democrats who fear Trump wants to pull out of NATO, and some who have expressed concern he could be undermining the military alliance because it benefits Russian President Vladimir Putin.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/01/27/nato-chief-credits-trump/2695799002/
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Strange?? I wonder why Putin's Puppet would strengthen NATO. NATO is a thorn in Putin's side. I guess it for the same reason Trump killed 200 Russian mercenaries in Syria and the same reason he is against Germany buying natural gas from Russia. I know the Russian conspiracy theorist will attempt to rationalize it away but adding 100 Billion more dollars to NATO's budget DOES NOT benefit Russia.

Re: "Trump is having an Impact" : NATO Head credits president's tough talk for $100B boost

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/01/27/nato-chief-credits-trump/2695799002/
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Strange?? I wonder why Putin's Puppet would strengthen NATO. NATO is a thorn in Putin's side. I guess it for the same reason Trump killed 200 Russian mercenaries in Syria and the same reason he is against Germany buying natural gas from Russia. I know the Russian conspiracy theorist will attempt to rationalize it away but adding 100 Billion more dollars to NATO's budget DOES NOT benefit Russia.

It's called "buttering him up". Personally, I've never seen a public figure so desperate for praise as Trump, he seems to live for it. As for being Putin's puppet, we all saw Trump publicly stand united with Putin, saying he took Putin's word over that of the entire American intelligence community.

Just accept it, the current American POTUS loves being Bottom Boy for strongmen, be it Putin, Kim Jong Un, or Mohammed bin Salman. Some people are just wired to be Bottom Boys, and apparently Trump is one of those people. Nothing wrong with it.

Back
Top Bottom