• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump is getting closer to resigning

He doesn't ever have a source. This is how Antiwar operates.

He makes a declarative statement, as if something has happened, in his thread title and in his OP he just makes a prediction. And he never supports his prediction with any facts.

You don't seem to mind when Trump makes the declarative statement that there was election fraud without any facts.

Remember that Trump made this claim BEFORE the election. He also made it the night of the election. Trump's claim was never based on evidence.

Trump sent people to find evidence that confirmed his declaration. As of yet, he has not found anything that has convinced any court.

Trump also claimed Obama's birth certificate was fake. Remember that?

That's how Donald Trump operates.

You don't seem to mind when Trump makes the declarative statement that there was election fraud without any facts.

Remember that Trump made this claim BEFORE the election. He also made it the night of the election. Trump's claim was never based on evidence.

Trump sent people to find evidence that confirmed his declaration. As of yet, he has not found anything that has convinced any court.

Trump also claimed Obama's birth certificate was fake. Remember that?

That's how Donald Trump operates.
Oh...is this about Trump? I thought it was about Antiwar.

You are dismissed.

LegalEagle has a great breakdown (aren't they all?) on YouTube about Trump's possible criminal culpability for inciting riots or insurrection (in actual criminal proceedings, not impeachment proceedings). Bottom line: It's an extremely high bar for the prosecutor, especially since it was political speech which is the most protected, and the court will give Trump every possible benefit of doubt. As it should, in principle. Most likely Trump will never serve any prison time for this. But if he apologizes, resigns, or accepts any kind of responsibility, his defense case would likely be weakened by that.

The biggest risks Trump faces are civil suits being brought by the families of those who died in the riots. And just like criminal culpability, any apology or acceptance of responsibility, to include resigning, could make it even more difficult for him to defend against civil suits. He's a very broke man, in more ways than one.
Yep, him and others in his inner circle might be OJ'ed(civil suits)..

I don't see him apologizing though( and not just for legal reasons). That's not him, not now, not 20 years ago, not tomorrow.. He has said he has never asked God for forgiveness. I'm bringing this up not because of religion, but because of his mindset. He never ever believes he's wrong, he's never sinned so no reason to ask for forgiveness. He's never wrong, so he'll never apologize..

I do envision his life after Jan 20th to be similar to OJ's post trial life.

He doesn't need any of that. Remember he has donated his annual salary since taking office.
I hate to burst Dem's bubbles but Trump will not be convicted. Republicans don't have the stomach to convict him for anything. He could have led the rioters right into the Capitol and yelled "Get him! Get her! Drag them outta here!" and they would still wet themselves at the thought of convicting him. Whining sniveling bunch of cowardly gutter trash prostituting themselves to a president who committed treason against America.
You might be right. But, he should be impeached. If it's true that McConnell is thinking conviction is the way "back" for the GOP, he'll be convicted too.

I say he gets nothing just a boot in the butt ........

These high rollin criminals have learned how to commit crimes then get away = time for that to end.....NOW!

He'll go without a plea deal just to save part of his face ........ He does not deserve perks for his illegal performance.

He doesn't need any of that. Remember he has donated his annual salary since taking office.
🙄, are you sure he followed through with that promise? I've seen nothing that indicates he did. But, I think you're going to see that he has a negative balance sheet and it appears his lines of credit are drying up.

In any case, Benidict Donald shouldn't draw another dime from the U.S.

I hate to burst Dem's bubbles but Trump will not be convicted. Republicans don't have the stomach to convict him for anything. He could have led the rioters right into the Capitol and yelled "Get him! Get her! Drag them outta here!" and they would still wet themselves at the thought of convicting him. Whining sniveling bunch of cowardly gutter trash prostituting themselves to a president who committed treason against America.
I hate to burst your bubble but Trump did nothing worthy of being convicted. There was no treason. All there is is you using words your dont understand.

🙄, are you sure he followed through with that promise? I've seen nothing that indicates he did. But, I think you're going to see that he has a negative balance sheet and it appears his lines of credit are drying up.

standing ovation ..........

My prediction is that the attorney general of New York will be Donald's downfall. New York has an itch that only Donald's conviction will scratch.

Trump will live the rest of his life as a beloved person. Loved by his family and his political and media followers. There will be a huge contingent of haters of course but he's a survivor. Good luck to him and all the people dear to him.

Trump will live the rest of his life as a beloved person. Loved by his family and his political and media followers. There will be a huge contingent of haters of course but he's a survivor. Good luck to him and all the people dear to him.

Trump will live the rest of his life being hounded by creditors and states attorneys.

Trump will live the rest of his life being hounded by creditors and states attorneys.

Well then let's hope he sues them for malicious prosecution and wins a fortune.

"getting closer" is a present participle, so technically you're right. But it is a declarative statement, as opposed to something that's clearly an opinion.

So what is the evidence, in your view, that's he's getting closer?
IMO He knows he can't get away with pardoning himself. His only hope for beating any upcoming federal charges is to resign and let Pence pardon him. It's his only logical move.

I hate to burst your bubble but Trump did nothing worthy of being convicted. There was no treason. All there is is you using words your dont understand.
By a criminal court, yes. By the Senate, no. First, the two impeachment articles before the Senate will be incitement of riot and incitement of insurrection, not treason. Second, the Senate doesn't have the same legal burden that a criminal prosecutor arguing before a judge and jury would have. And third, McConnell not starting sessions until the 19th means the two new Georgia Democrats will be involved, not their Republican predecessors. Hate to burst your bubble. :)

IMO He knows he can't get away with pardoning himself. His only hope for beating any upcoming federal charges is to resign and let Pence pardon him. It's his only logical move.
I think his real peril is NY State charges. He knows how exposed he is there and a pardon won't save him.

I think his real peril is NY State charges. He knows how exposed he is there and a pardon won't save him.
Yep... And maybe Georgia now might want a piece of him too. And he does a lot of business in Jersey also. They are probably looking into him and his crime family..

By a criminal court, yes. By the Senate, no. First, the two impeachment articles before the Senate will be incitement of riot and incitement of insurrection, not treason. Second, the Senate doesn't have the same legal burden that a criminal prosecutor arguing before a judge and jury would have. And third, McConnell not starting sessions until the 19th means the two new Georgia Democrats will be involved, not their Republican predecessors. Hate to burst your bubble. :)
How did that 'burst my bubble?' You didnt counter anything I said.

He will be fine and you will look petty and vindictive

He makes a declarative statement, as if something has happened, in his thread title and in his OP he just makes a prediction. And he never supports his prediction with any facts.
🤣 Ironic statement of the day award winner!

I wont swear to it but I think I've seen some type paperwork showing the donations in the first year, maybe two. But I don't know why people act like donating his salary was some great noble gesture when he's made bank between his golf trips, bills to the secret service staying at Mar a Lago and using their golf carts to follow his lazy butt around. I'm surprised he didn't create some scheme where only actual members of MaL could use the golf carts, so secret service would be forced to join, albeit at a discount rate, because hey, he's just that noble.

How did that 'burst my bubble?' You didnt counter anything I said.
You stated that Trump did nothing worthy of being convicted for. So my post was to clarify that, while you're probably correct if referring to a criminal conviction, you're not necessarily as correct about a Senate conviction, and I listed some of the reasons why.

WOW!

Irony Alert, everybody!

Mycroft, you don't even know what I'm talking about, do you?

:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom