• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump is being petty and disrespecting McCain

I think they did slap a gag on Maxie. Dems do not want to stir Republicans to action because they fear if they don't vote, they'll lose the President they voted for.

They must have. Maxine would never let a good crisis, (McCain's death), go to waste.
Besides that, they know we could easily archive how she really feels about Senator McCain; circa 2008.

Facts are pesky things. Recently, John McCain's daughter, Meghan recently ripped old Maxie a new one.

...and if the average American worker wasn't living paycheck to paycheck maybe we could take advantage of that.

The Dow has nothing to do with the fact that President Donald Trump isn showing respect to a man who sacrificed for his country. This isn't about protocol... its about respect and human decency, plain and simple.

Oh Jeeebus H. 0'bama... "Despite our differences on policy and politics, I respect Senator John McCain's service to our country," Trump wrote in the four-paragraph statement, which dealt mainly in the logistical details he'd approved for the week-long remembrance ceremonies."

Even Trump's own daughter, now acting as his White House senior adviser, was more effusive in her description of McCain.
"The nation is united in its grief and the world mourns the loss of a true hero and a great statesman," she said during remarks in Washington.

Try for some facts and stop repeating the left's partisan and very false narrative. #Fakenews

Trump's photo is on all Trump tweets. Just like mine is on all my Facebook posts. That's the some reason.

Really? With that sourpuss look on his face? :lol:

Oh Jeeebus H. 0'bama... "Despite our differences on policy and politics, I respect Senator John McCain's service to our country," Trump wrote in the four-paragraph statement, which dealt mainly in the logistical details he'd approved for the week-long remembrance ceremonies."

Try for some facts and stop repeating the left's partisan and very false narrative. #Fakenews

I am not repeating the left's narrative... I am quoting MY thoughts and feelings... you have not had any discussions with me about what my political leanings are. I have my own thoughts and feeling about things going on. I agree with some Republican policies, and i agree woth some Democrat policies. I answer to myself and MY values, not the values of a government or a political party who have never visited my neighborhood... never shaken a hand of anyone in my neighborhood... never even thought about coming to my side of town for fear that they may encounter someone who "gasps" doesn't agree with their policies.

None of that happened when I started the OP.

He started the day as a complete ass and then fell into damage control mode when he realized that even some of his base was onboard with disrespecting an American hero...

Read!
As I said above you were premature with your judgments.

You started today assuming him to be an ass regarding our country's protocol regarding respect for McCain, and have been proven wrong.
Time for you to admit you got this wrong.... but I don't care if you do or you don't. As long as I know what is right and what is wrong is all that really matters.

Have a good evening.

I am not repeating the left's narrative... I am quoting MY thoughts and feelings... you have not had any discussions with me about what my political leanings are. I have my own thoughts and feeling about things going on. I agree with some Republican policies, and i agree woth some Democrat policies. I answer to myself and MY values, not the values of a government or a political party who have never visited my neighborhood... never shaken a hand of anyone in my neighborhood... never even thought about coming to my side of town for fear that they may encounter someone who "gasps" doesn't agree with their policies.

Your thoughts and feelings are duly noted.

Even Trump's own daughter, now acting as his White House senior adviser, was more effusive in her description of McCain.
"The nation is united in its grief and the world mourns the loss of a true hero and a great statesman," she said during remarks in Washington.

Too little too late as usual. Do you think this keeps happening because Trump truly doesn't know how big a prick he is and is constantly surprised when his actions must be "retracted" because of them? Or is it a reality show gimmick? What makes his do these things?

Last edited:
:caution:

Truth ahead.

Trump received the prestigious Ellis Island Medals of Honor in 1986.

The award is the embodiment of "the spirit of America in their celebration of patriotism, tolerance, brotherhood and diversity. They recognize individuals who have made it their mission to share with those less fortunate their wealth of knowledge, indomitable courage, boundless compassion, unique talents and selfless generosity; all while maintaining the traditions of their ethnic heritage as they uphold the ideals and spirit of America. As always, NECO remains dedicated to the maintenance and restoration of America’s greatest symbol of its immigrant history, Ellis Island."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellis_Island_Medal_of_Honor

You really need to do more research when you make this kind of a statement.

First of all, the Ellis Island Medal of Honor was something that was hastily created that same year (1986), in reaction to complaints about a previous award ceremony -- the Liberty Awards, which you can read about here: (see link below)

As part of the celebrations for the centennial of the Statue of Liberty, twelve naturalized American citizens were singled out for recognition (see link below).

Immediately, though, people complained that the list of honorees didn't accurately reflect the true diversity of America's population.

So, as a result, a new committee headed by NYC real estate developer William Fugazy, took it upon itself to create a bigger list of awards.

And the list was huge. Though Trump's defenders keep singling out Trump and Rosa Parks as co-winners of the award, there were in fact EIGHTY different recipients that year, from a wide range of ethnic and racial backgrounds.

And more important, the award had *nothing* to do with celebrating individuals who had done anything positive in the realm of civil rights or race relations.

It merely sought to honor Americans from different backgrounds who had succeeded in their chosen field.

https://twitter.com/kevinmkruse/status/952575997702033408?lang=

William Fugazy who put Trump's name on that list was a close associate of Roy Cohn and RoyCohn was a mentor for Trump:

Roy Cohn was once the most feared lawyer in New York City. A ruthless master of dirty tricks, he smeared the reputations of his political enemies, helped send the Rosenbergs to the electric chair, and had more than one Mafia don on speed dial. But his most enduring legacy is Donald Trump, whom he took under his wing in the 1970s. In Ken Auletta's 1978 Esquire profile, we meet the man who tutored the president in the dark arts of gossip, power, and politics.

Trump has not done one humane thing in his entire life. It has all been about him and his ego and pocketbook. The man does not have one giving thought that is not associated with getting something back for himself.

Last edited:
You really need to do more research when you make this kind of a statement.

First of all, the Ellis Island Medal of Honor was something that was hastily created that same year (1986), in reaction to complaints about a previous award ceremony -- the Liberty Awards, which you can read about here: (see link below)

As part of the celebrations for the centennial of the Statue of Liberty, twelve naturalized American citizens were singled out for recognition (see link below).

Immediately, though, people complained that the list of honorees didn't accurately reflect the true diversity of America's population.

So, as a result, a new committee headed by NYC real estate developer William Fugazy, took it upon itself to create a bigger list of awards.

And the list was huge. Though Trump's defenders keep singling out Trump and Rosa Parks as co-winners of the award, there were in fact EIGHTY different recipients that year, from a wide range of ethnic and racial backgrounds.

And more important, the award had *nothing* to do with celebrating individuals who had done anything positive in the realm of civil rights or race relations.

It merely sought to honor Americans from different backgrounds who had succeeded in their chosen field.

https://twitter.com/kevinmkruse/status/952575997702033408?lang=

William Fugazy who put Trump's name on that list was a close associate of Roy Cohn and RoyCohn was a mentor for Trump:

Roy Cohn was once the most feared lawyer in New York City. A ruthless master of dirty tricks, he smeared the reputations of his political enemies, helped send the Rosenbergs to the electric chair, and had more than one Mafia don on speed dial. But his most enduring legacy is Donald Trump, whom he took under his wing in the 1970s. In Ken Auletta's 1978 Esquire profile, we meet the man who tutored the president in the dark arts of gossip, power, and politics.

Trump has not done one humane thing in his entire life. It has all been about him and his ego and pocketbook. The man does not have one giving thought that is not associated with getting something back for himself.

"The Donald J. Trump Foundation gave away $10.9 million from 2001 to 2014, taking a scattershot approach to philanthropy with donations to more than 400 different charities, according to a Forbes analysis of 14 years of IRS documents."

How much did you give away, Robin Hood?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danale...ments-reveal-surprising-answers/#6c7ce8c77b52

Well, as someone who actually served, he has a right to an opinion of a fellow serviceperson than deferrement boy.

As someone who actually served and lost men in battle, he should ****ing no better.

Hell's going on in your country? A high-profile Republican, former Republican nominee for President, requests on his death-bed that a sitting Republican President not attend his funeral. Sounds like you've become hopelessly fractured.
Of course, it's the dead guy's fault. The President isn't the most divisive leader you've ever had, it's all everyone else's fault.

How about you worry about your ****hole country, first?

We know.

Everybody does bad things.

All bad things and bad situations are exactly equal.

Therefore nobody can do wrong.

What's are all those liberals tripping on?

They should be looking at Hillary!

LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!

Something like that, right?

Are you defending Obama?

There is a difference between calling someone a name and naming what someone is in reality. I am beginning to realize that if you still support Trump you have to be some kind of cultist. Just like those in Jonestown that drank the Kool aid, people who still support this horrible person are drinking his Kool aid and thus are cultists.

Name calling is all the Leftists have.

How about you worry about your ****hole country, first?

Later. Right now we're talking about your ****hole, uh, we're talikng about US politics.

Read!
As I said above you were premature with your judgments.

You started today assuming him to be an ass regarding our country's protocol regarding respect for McCain, and have been proven wrong.
Time for you to admit you got this wrong.... but I don't care if you do or you don't. As long as I know what is right and what is wrong is all that really matters.

Have a good evening.

There was nothing premature about my judgements, it took him several hours and a whole ****load of pressure to finally back down and pretend to do the right thing.

Name calling is all the Leftists have.

I don't intend to speak ill of the dead & can say that McCain will be well remembered as a
prominent American. But listening to CNN the praise is excessive I can't listen anymore.

McCain is held up as a hero by many Americans for one legitimate reason only, bearing
imprisonment during some of his prime years. How many others suffered the same fate
who never get a mention. I played end in high school & my quarterback went to Cornell
helped by a Naval ROTC scholarship, a few times we both played safety together on defense. He
like McCain was shot down over North Viet Nam and stayed at the Hanoi Hilton although
not as long as McCain. When he got out we had a little party for him he got $137,000 back pay
from his time in confinement a lot of money at the time but never in the news outside
the local paper.

An American historical figure who flew into battle for the country & whose abilities in the
cockpit surpassed McCain did get a worthy send off but nothing like this. His time in the air
certainly was more helpful to the American cause far more than McCain's.

https://www.mca-marines.org/leather...n the ten. McCain would not be in my top 100.

Last edited:
Probably the flag should just be permanently left at half mast since important Americans die every day.:roll:

I don't intend to speak ill of the dead & can say that McCain will be well remembered as a
prominent American. But listening to CNN the praise is excessive I can't listen anymore.

McCain is held up as a hero by many Americans for one legitimate reason only, bearing
imprisonment during some of his prime years. How many others suffered the same fate
who never get a mention. I played end in high school & my quarterback went to Cornell
helped by a Naval ROTC scholarship, a few times we both played safety together on defense. He
like McCain was shot down over North Viet Nam and stayed at the Hanoi Hilton although
not as long as McCain. When he got out we had a little party for him he got $137,000 back pay
from his time in confinement a lot of money at the time but never in the news outside
the local paper.

An American historical figure who flew into battle for the country & whose abilities in the
cockpit surpassed McCain did get a worthy send off but nothing like this. His time in the air
certainly was more helpful to the American cause far more than McCain's.

https://www.mca-marines.org/leather...k her up" then they should shut up and do it.

Imagine risking your life for yoir country, friends dying on the battlefield and a United States senator calling you a loser by saying, "I would not describe any operation that results in the loss of American life as a success."

The military term is Mission Accomplished. McCain knows this. Which is why we don't say 'success.' One loss of life contradicts the word success and the thought. Neither did McCain use or imply the word "loser." The word loser is in your post and it is OTT.

McCain insulted every combat soldier in United States history. He insulted every American KIA in history.

And you're defending his comment.

McCain's statement needs no defense. Your statements have no defense. McCain's statement is worth discussing which is another contrast between you and him. Each of your posts to the thread has become wilder and more extreme.

You think all that ****ing name calling bothers me?

You might consider trying to calm down today. Sticks and stones etc are a given. We know McCain getting respect drives some over there up the wall. Respect that is merited, i.e., earned. McCain will be buried in the Naval Academy Cemetery at Annapolis. He could have been buried at Arlington. It's testimony to the truism that many are called but few are chosen.

Obama took five days to order the flag to be flown at half-mast, for the Chattanooga shooting. Then, it was only because of the heat he took.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-faces-criticism-taking-five-days-order-white-house-flag-lowered/

Where was the outrage from the Left?

McCain wasn't shot down over Chattanooga. Neither was Chattanooga at war. Not then anyway. If you want to talk about the Battle of Lookout Mountain, aka: the Battle Above the Clouds, we could do that. We could do that given there are posts here from the fog of a sh*thole state further on down below from there.

Too little too late as usual. Do you think this keeps happening because Trump truly doesn't know how big a prick he is and is constantly surprised when his actions must be "retracted" because of them? Or is it a reality show gimmick? What makes his do these things?

It doesn't matter what the President does or says. You guys are always going to hate on him.

It doesn't matter what the President does or says. You guys are always going to hate on him.

When Trump continues to blow his kneecaps off and our with them, he is going to take flak for it. Yesterday should have been easy. It should have been the easiest thing in the world to just leave the flags at half-mast and release a statement that actually DID respect and honor McCains life, respect his death and express sympathy for loved ones. BUT NO!!!!! Not Donald. Flags go back to full staff then as people start to push the 4' diameter bag of horse dung that is Donald up the hill, the flags come back down to half-staff but grudgingly, Trump still avoids a comprehensive statement until it is pulled out of him piecemeal over the course of the day. As usual, ridiculous, petty beyond belief, so typical of a President and WH staff that appear to have never left kindergarten. HE DOES THIS TO HIMSELF and for those that support him, look in the mirror. He does it because he thinks you want him to do it.

The funny thing is that the Democrats hated John McCain until he pissed off Donald J Trump. Now you’d think they love him.

On a positive note, we will now get a Republican in that seat through 2020.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom