• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump is all-time best president, say Republicans in recent poll.. Reagan 2nd, Lincoln 3rd

sounds like fake news

no thanks

I don't believe one word a lib says anymore... This Nov 3 fake election was the absolute last straw

Yes, but start talking about Secret birth certificates and Jewish space lasers, and I am sure you’ll be all ears! 🤣

It won't matter. But look up Lee Atwater..

Lee Atwater died decades ago. And all he did was make Willie Horton prominent in Bush's 1988 campaign against Mike Kukakis (though Al Gore's campaign had initially brought the issue forward)

You do know that Willie Horton really existed and really did commit the crimes he was accused of. And you do know that Mike Kukakis's inmate furlough program was the real deal (and unique in the U.S. )

Lee Atwater died decades ago. And all he did was make Willie Horton prominent in Bush's 1988 campaign against Mike Kukakis (though Al Gore's campaign had initially brought the issue forward)

You do know that Willie Horton really existed and really did commit the crimes he was accused of. And you do know that Mike Kukakis's inmate furlough program was the real deal (and unique in the U.S. )
Iran-Contra affected me how? Other than Iran still exists when it shouldn't. Let's move on there are more important issues to deal with.
That's a massive cop out. If you took all the criticisms that each side has for the bad guy on the other side, most all of them would fall into the "and that affected you how" category.

These would be the same respondents that STILL believe that there was election fraud.....lol

Not for lack of my reading on the subject.

I simply don't believe the U.S. should mollycoddle nations that will not accept their fates as subjects of the United States.
You have a mighty overblown imagination of what the US currently is as we endeavor to recover from four horrible years of an asshole president that didn't have a clue as to how to be a leader of a country like the US. Take off your rose colored glasses and look at what Trump has done to this country. He only knew how to grift and racketeer through his four years. It's going to take an experienced diplomat like President Biden to mend fences and try to repair the tattered image the Trump administration smeared all over this formerly grand country.

Trump is all-time best president, say Republicans, Reagan 2nd, Lincoln 3rd

I can’t recall which video I watched to learn this, but it was either Newsmax or OAN, probably the former.

So yeh… looks like liberals’ message RE their fanatical hatred of Trump ubiquitous in the “media” is not very effective

Obviously some people really are out of their minds.

Look, EVEN IF, or rather ESPECIALLY since the election was "stolen" it's obvious Trump is totally unfit for office.

He knew of the conspiracies before the campaign began, he boasted he knew the names of those responsible, and protested from every mud hole, shit sandwich stop over for four ****ing years! But nothing more. No Congressional probe (he couldn't convince he loyal toadies) no Justice investigation, just boasting, prattle, bullshit and Pompous ass whining.

A good, or even a mediocre president would have identified the threat to the democratic process and taken action. A mediocre president would have been able to convince his lawmaker colleagues (oops, he kind of shit in that bowl) and put a stop to it. A failure of a human would run away and hide and bleat "poor me's" ...ya know, like hiding in Mara-a-lago. (what does that mean anyway - mara-a-lago? "Mara" is slanguish for shitty food., lago is lake so "shit in a lake" or "lake of shit"?

Trump did nothing but bitch...just like the Pandemic. He knew of a threat of conspiracy, a terrorist plot in fact, and did squat.

So either he's right but wrong, or he is wrong on wrong. No in between.

You ask me he was scared...afraid to confront the beast because he knew he was going to lose.

This twit-finger lame brain man is only good at looking at himself in the mirror.

I can’t recall which video I watched to learn this, but it was either Newsmax or OAN, probably the former.

So yeh… looks like liberals’ message RE their fanatical hatred of Trump ubiquitous in the “media” is not very effective
I could imagine a headline like this coming from conspiracy rags like Newsmax or OAN. Though it only goes to demonstrate just how far off their rockers some of the GOP has gone.

I don't think mindless, irrational, partisan hate (envy?) sells well w/ most Americans... just a thought
Meh, Trump made a platform of it. It sold somewhat. Not enough for him to win re-election, but quite a few folk bought into it.

Although you follow the above with the following:
yes, i see your point. No one would consider Republicans Americans.. ha ha... that's rich. If any party is not American, it is the Ds... and of course, they ARE un-American... the Left elite thought they had to save Americans from themselves so they rigged the election.. and the **^**#^$#@& rinos don't seem to be doing a *&$#@ thing about it.

sometimes I don't know which is worse... But thank God for the true Republicans... Gaetz, Cruz..

So looks like you bought into it.

Trump goes down in flames unlike good presidents .......... he lost.

To be able to claim Trump "the best Republican President" you have to ignore THE BIG LIE for one thing. If you ignore or worse believe THE BIG LIE you have to believe the building blocks of THE BIG LIE.

You will all recall that Trump and his gang did not just claim that the election was stolen from them but that it was specifically stolen in the mainly minority communities of Detroit, Philadelphia, Atlanta and Milwaukee. In truth they that spewed that nonsense all knew and we all knew that while making these claims Trump actually did marginally better in these communities of color in 2020 than he did in 2016. It was in the mainly white suburbs around these communities of color where Donnie Boy got clobbered.....beaten senseless in 2020.

Those lies about the nature of the districts that actually spelled defeat for Donnie Boy in 2020 vs the districts the Trump gang claimed cost him the 2020 election are the building blocks of THE BIG LIE itself.

So, while some percentage of rank and file Trump followers actually believe THE BIG LIE, Trump's sycophants and the Trump Campaign always knew they were using racial bias to build THE BIG LIE which was eventually the basis for an actual INSURRECTION.

While I would question the mental acuity of those that can believe THE BIG LIE, those that used those racial building blocks to construct THE BIG LIE are truly SICK on a whole different level. Of course, that includes Donnie Boy himself.

The government of Iran in 1953 was not legitimate. And the Iranian Revolution against the Shah was 26 years later. Hardly our fault or problem.
Yes it was legitimate. It was democratically elected by the people. The Shah, installed by the CIA, was not; he was a dictator. And yes, it absolutely was the West's fault and problem. No Operation Ajax, no Shah, no revolution, no problems with hard line Mullahs.

Yes it was legitimate. It was democratically elected by the people.

Not precisely. After an election was held in which he was NOT elected, Mossegh basically used a rather undemocratic parliamentary maneuver to become leader of Iran.

Don't believe me, look it up.

Not precisely. After an election was held in which he was NOT elected, Mossegh basically used a rather undemocratic parliamentary maneuver to become leader of Iran.

Don't believe me, look it up.
However you try to spin it the fact remains that a coup orchestrated by the CIA at the behest of Britain overthrew an elected government and installed a dictator who went on to terrorise the population with, again, the CIA-trained SAVAK secret police, the equivalent of East Germany's equally brutal 'Stasi'.

However you try to spin it the fact remains that a coup orchestrated by the CIA at the behest of Britain overthrew an elected government and installed a dictator who went on to terrorise the population with, again, the CIA-trained SAVAK secret police, the equivalent of East Germany's equally brutal 'Stasi'.

I've seen and reviewed the numbers several times. The Shah's regime killed fewer Iranians than the post Shah revolutionary government did. Far and away fewer.

And just because a government is technically "democratically elected" does not make it "legitimate".

The quality of falsehoods from the right is just so terrible. Carter was a very good president. The gas shortage was not his doing, but inherited from Nixon/Kissinger middle east policies. They weren't 'terrorists', but radicals, and they were punishing Carter for his humane choice to let the Shah get medical treatment.

So, what you have Carter do differently? Refuse the Shah medical treatment to appease the Ayatollah? Use the US military to save the hostages? Oh wait, he did that, and the military failed him, after which the hostages were dispersed around the country impossible to rescue, only to get killed.

I have an idea - how about Carter make a secret deal with Iran to illegally sell them weapons to get their goodwill? Oh, you say you're not for that? Yes, you are - that's what Reagan did. Reagan didn't 'make the thugs relent', he was their criminal friend selling them missiles.

The hostages returned home safely, as Carter negotiated. Carter did everything right. You want lies, you want wars, you want Reagan committing Iran-Contra.

and what’s even worse is the back door signaling/dealing, pre-election, to hold the hostages until after.

Super cool story bro.

I've seen and reviewed the numbers several times. The Shah's regime killed fewer Iranians than the post Shah revolutionary government did. Far and away fewer.

And just because a government is technically "democratically elected" does not make it "legitimate".
The Shah killed fewer? Well that's ok then and entirely acceptable.

Quite right; the only thing I'd add is that decades of terror from a dictator in Iran was all about Britain wanting to keep the low oil prices they'd used force to extort from Iran, essentially stealing a fortune from Iran by force. It's not only robbery on a national scale BEFORE the coup, it's like then putting the people you rob under a dictator for decades. There likely wouldn't be a religious dictatorship today if we hadn't done that. But it's THEIR fault.

Quite right; the only thing I'd add is that decades of terror from a dictator in Iran was all about Britain wanting to keep the low oil prices they'd used force to extort from Iran, essentially stealing a fortune from Iran by force. It's not only robbery on a national scale BEFORE the coup, it's like then putting the people you rob under a dictator for decades. There likely wouldn't be a religious dictatorship today if we hadn't done that. But it's THEIR fault.

The Shah of Iran was okay. He did his best to drag Iran into the modern era. If he killed some people so what? That happens whenever a nation is modernized. Look what Peter the Great did in Russia.

The Shah of Iran was okay. He did his best to drag Iran into the modern era. If he killed some people so what? That happens whenever a nation is modernized. Look what Peter the Great did in Russia.

You can bring a nation into the modern era, without murdering a bunch of your citizens.

Donald Trump isn't fit to wipe Reagan's ass.

Back
Top Bottom