• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump is all-time best president, say Republicans in recent poll.. Reagan 2nd, Lincoln 3rd

Trump is all-time best president, say Republicans, Reagan 2nd, Lincoln 3rd

I can’t recall which video I watched to learn this, but it was either Newsmax or OAN, probably the former.

So yeh… looks like liberals’ message RE their fanatical hatred of Trump ubiquitous in the “media” is not very effective
Not at all surprising. Cult members are so in love with their leader, they are willing to kill themselves for him.

The “Jonestown Massacre” occurred on November 18, 1978, when more than 900 members of an American cult called the Peoples Temple died in a mass suicide-murder under the direction of their leader Jim Jones (1931-78).

jonestown1a.jpg

Stereotypical Profile of Cult Members

Cult members become “clones” of the group leader

Cult mentality is usually absolutist, simplistic, rigid, and rooted in terms of black-and-white, Us vs. Them, good vs. evil. Rather than examining evidence and then forming beliefs based on that evidence, cult members start with the “answer” and pay much more attention to evidence or ideas that support that belief. They are reluctant to re-assess the ideology or listen to other viewpoints.

In simple words, Trump's cult members will always believe he is #1.

What Trump does have to be given credit for is that he is the first cult leader that got over 80 million members; That is one hell of a feat; Of course, it is sad to know that many people can be conned.

My question is, "how many of his cult members would be willing to commit suicide for him? Would it be more than Jones?" Would you (narrowroad) be willing to commit suicide for him?

I can’t recall which video I watched to learn this, but it was either Newsmax or OAN, probably the former.

So yeh… looks like liberals’ message RE their fanatical hatred of Trump ubiquitous in the “media” is not very effective
So says this generation of Republicans. I say WHO CARES.

It is a party that is shrinking and what remains is a pretty sorry lot.... Qanon crazies, Insurrectionists, White Supremacists, those down with Autocracy, believers in THE BIG TRUMP LIE. WHO CARES.

We simply must control a group of people that simply cannot be taken seriously. These are fatally unserious people and we simply cannot allow them to take the rest of us down with them.

When Texans can still say "Ted Cruz is a serious person" I really have little interest in what they have to say. Ted is yet another Performance Artist playing a politician on TV. The GOP is full of them now.

Republicans really just have to struggle to like Lincoln considering that he expanded federal power. The amazing work that the Republican Party did after the Civil War pretty much goes against everything the Republican Party stands for today.

I don't think mindless, irrational, partisan hate (envy?) sells well w/ most Americans... just a thought
So which is it — Trump’s tactics work or don’t work? Your posts seem contradictory.

The news sources that the cultists fled to as a safe space say those cultists love their cult leader the most.

Go figure.
Good point although on this issue they may not even have had to manipulate the polling.

Ronald Reagan was hands down the best Republican president ever. The best Democrat president was Jimmy Carter the peanut farmer who's gross incompetence led to Reagan's ascendance to power.

Ronald Reagan was an immoral person who abandoned his family for personal gain.

He also was a spendthrift president who covered up a poor economy through massive government spending. The US under Reagan became the words largest debtor nation on earth, by passing Brazil.

So yes he is the greatest republican president

Fake family values, fake values when it comes to controlling government spending.

Communists have to be defeated everywhere. As long as any communist regime exists in the world it directly or indirectly threatens the United States.
What utter crap; why do you support the torture and execution of entirely innocent women and children? You can, of course, explain what this imagined communist threat is.

carter was a horrible president... there was the gas shortage where there were lines around the block to get gas..

Middle East oil embargo is now Carter's doing? Okay.

There was the embassy taken over by terrorists and only Reagan's inauguration made the thugs relent...

Much like Nixon's blowing up of LBJ's peace talks in Vietnam for electoral gain, Reagan was a treasonist for this.

carter was a major wuss

You are ill informed and have a bad habit or worshiping political crooks.

The GOP is a wounded and dangerous animal so hungry it's eating its own tail at the moment.

But it is extremely dangerous as it is chock full of unserious people....crazies really, terrorists some. Worse, they are all down with Autocracy. Every damned one of them is down with Autocracy.

Ask yourselves this simple question. If the Trump Insurrection had succeeded how many outside the Romney/Cheney wing of the Party, so small it can caucus in a phone booth, would have raised a single finger in descent? Ask yourselves another if you wish? How many still believe or profess belief in the BIG TRUMP LIE?

History has proven me right.
No it has not, which is the reason refugees are leaving Nicaragua in their thousands; 50,000 in 2019 alone, seeking asylum elsewhere. Supporting torturers and child killers is never right, yet you appear to have no problems with that, nor with America's routine screw-ups in countries where you have no business, and which created the refugee crisis in the first place.
Same with Iran; you blundered in in 1953, the CIA orchestrated a coup in collusion with Britain, overthrew a legitimate democracy, installed a vicious dictator who was ousted in the Islamic revolution-and now you whine about problems the West instigated in the first place! Priceless.

Last edited:
History has proven me right.
Then you have no concept of reality much less history.

Iran Contra funding created multiple massive Latin American power vacuums that, combined with the conservative "war on drugs", got filled with narco state actors that even today we have to deal with. Hell the immigration issues at the border today that you cons bitch about are a direct result of your failed conservative policies going all the way back to Iran Contra. You guys create America's problems then talk tough about fixing them while exacerbating these issues. And now we get to see people like you patting yourselves on the back for having created these problems. Jesus Christ what a circle jerk of insanity.

Both Reagan and Trump were both horrible presidents. Reagan employed the 'southern strategy' of Lee Atwater and Trump carried it even further, dividing this country with his racism, Islamophobia and xenophobia. It's all been in good part the fault of Ronald Reagan. Of course Republicans loved them both, they were speaking their language and they loved that.
Nixon's campaign was the Southern Strategy initiator. Reagan of course put it on steroids and welcomed into the GOP the evangelican nutbags that we have to now put up with today when previously, the GOP had shunned.

Communists have to be defeated everywhere. As long as any communist regime exists in the world it directly or indirectly threatens the United States.
I like how cons go on how communism is a broke ideology that fails on it's own but simultaneously needs to be defeated militarily. Nothing you guys believe makes any actual sense.

The greatest thing about the Trump presidency, was that he brought the democrats out of the shadows and closets and into the open for all to see.....now we watch them scatter, censor to cover their tracks, lead with executive orders, open our borders during a pandemic, bow to the CCP, permit the USA to become dependent upon foreign oil, once again.....and on and on. They are failing miserably and we are watching, as they are out in the open for all to see, now.

I'm not surprised that you get your 'learning' from Newsmax or OAN, I'm only surprised that you admit to that.

I'm not surprised that you get your 'learning' from Newsmax or OAN, I'm only surprised that you admit to that.
They legit believe that outlets like these are the only real news sites left. It's truly amazing.

I like how cons go on how communism is a broke ideology that fails on it's own but simultaneously needs to be defeated militarily. Nothing you guys believe makes any actual sense.

Something being "broken" in no way means it isn't dangerous.

No it has not, which is the reason refugees are leaving Nicaragua in their thousands; 50,000 in 2019 alone, seeking asylum elsewhere. Supporting torturers and child killers is never right, yet you appear to have no problems with that, nor with America's routine screw-ups in countries where you have no business, and which created the refugee crisis in the first place.
Same with Iran; you blundered in in 1953, the CIA orchestrated a coup in collusion with Britain, overthrew a legitimate democracy, installed a vicious dictator who was ousted in the Islamic revolution-and now you whine about problems the West instigated in the first place! Priceless.

The government of Iran in 1953 was not legitimate. And the Iranian Revolution against the Shah was 26 years later. Hardly our fault or problem.

The government of Iran in 1953 was not legitimate. And the Iranian Revolution against the Shah was 26 years later. Hardly our fault or problem.
The US, going in and enacting regime change tends to create enemies in entire regions of the world.

Was there any doubt that the GOP, if given half the chance, would do this to the country again? They've learned nothing from the devastation they've wrought over the past twenty years and are ready to pick up exactly where they left off.

The US, going in and enacting regime change tends to create enemies in entire regions of the world.

Not our problem. They want to be enemies of the U.S. we should kill them as quickly as possible.

Back
Top Bottom