• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump is Acquitted

True... but that would require enactment of new legislation in accordance with §5 of the 14th Amendment. 18 USC §593 is already on the books.

I've seriously never seen that symbol before.
Now I know it means "Claus" so I learned something today.

Thanks.

What does hate prove? It's an emotion that backfires and hurts the hater...

After two failed impeachments, the Democrats have to learn to move on down the road...Heal themselves for the good of this country. IOW, let it go...

I can almost guarantee you that they won't though.

Personally I wouldn't but I'm kinda an asshole and I hold a grudge...

Added: I once had a smart fox on my trapline that kept springing traps.
I dropped everything for over a month til I caught that SOB but I got him!!!

What does hate prove? It's an emotion that backfires and hurts the hater...

After two failed impeachments, the Democrats have to learn to move on down the road...Heal themselves for the good of this country. IOW, let it go...

I can almost guarantee you that they won't though.

You mean like those ranting about Biden who's been in office less than a month? Terrible things like not taking a helicopter in bad weather?

I can promise you that for most of us, if Trump was never seen or heard from again we'd be more than elated.

Alright. I'm not aware, but if accurate you make a reasonable point.

However, I don't see the required legislation is a substantive impediment. There's 200 federal cases working their way through the system, with many defendants using the 'President ordered me' defense. I think many would be happy to cooperate. Hell, Pelosi could drag it out and have a political field-day running much of the way into the midterms!

I'm not saying that isn't an option.... I only point out that 18 USC §593 is already on the books and ready to roll if the DOJ decides it is applicable to the former President.

Let's see how many Trump boot lickers on the forum will be capable of having an honest take on any subject.

It is far more likely that you will see a re-elected President Donald J. Trump in 2024 than you will ever see the sorry likes of Bill Kristol, Jonah Goldberg, Steve Hayes, Bret Stevens, George Will, Max Boot, David French, John Kasich, Mitt Romney, Jeff Flake, Mark Sanford, Joe Scarborough, Nicole Wallace, Steve Schmidt, Bob Corker or Jeb Bush ever return to the GOP in any credible way.

I'm not saying that isn't an option.... I only point out that 18 USC §593 is already on the books and ready to roll if the DOJ decides it is applicable to the former President.

Fair enough.

In this whole hate filled dog and pony show, the most delusional of all was Pelosi. She had to know that there was no way the Senate would come up with 67 votes to convict. Total waste of money and senate time.
No it wasn't tbe traitors are all on record for all eternity.
The only ones I feel bad for are the grandkids of these traitors that have to face their friends when this is covered in school...

Just as in 2018 & 2020, I would be happy to make 2022 another Trump referendum. Absolutely!
The referendum will not be on Trump in 2022.

From the very beginning they called him illegitimate. Obama's administration weaponize our intel agencies to spy on the Trump campaign.
They were constantly holding hearings in Congress on Trump for one thing or another while their buddies in the media daily trashed Trump pushing every unfounded accusation made by Anonymous. I don't think there is a politician alive that could have withstood what Trump has undergone. After all they did to attempt to destroy him, 10 million more voted for Trump in 2020 than in 2016.
All this is true.
Trump is not going away. Is he going to run in 2024? Who knows but he will be very engaged in the 2022 midterm elections.
I rather doubt that Trump is going to run in 2024. He'll be older than Biden is now, and he'll have too much political baggage.

Even before then, do you really believe that any Republican candidate will want to have Trump's endorsement?
Don't you think that this would be the kiss of death for that Republican candidate?

It would seem to make sense for Republican politicians to pick up 'American interests first' stance, given this appears to be the common denominator of those voters.

It is far more likely that you will see a re-elected President Donald J. Trump in 2024 than you will ever see the sorry likes of Bill Kristol, Jonah Goldberg, Steve Hayes, Bret Stevens, George Will, Max Boot, David French, John Kasich, Mitt Romney, Jeff Flake, Mark Sanford, Joe Scarborough, Nicole Wallace, Steve Schmidt, Bob Corker or Jeb Bush ever return to the GOP in any credible way.
Let's see how many Trump boot lickers on the forum will be capable of having an honest take on any subject.
POINT PROVEN :ROFLMAO:

The Republican party had the perfect chance to dump the orange man, but they decided to continue to lick his boots. Hope they nominate him in 2024.
that is how i looked at it...they decided to put the noose around their own necks....they will let trump hang like a cloud over the republican party for 4 years....i had hoped that a few with dreams of running in 2024 would turn against him...no such luck

True. Too a point. And he was very good at foreign policy. But with Dr. Kissenger as your National Security advisor & Sec'y of State, it's hard not to be good at foreign policy!

However, his black mark is starting the DEA & 'War on Drugs'. Yeah, Ronnie & Nancy made it what it is, but ol' Tricky Dick started it!

True and he used the FBI like his personal pinkerton agency and spied and hounded John Lennon...

I'm not saying he was a good man or good president, just far far better than trump...

You're talking like that is a good thing for the Republican brand going forward. The only reason it has been viable at all is because it had some appeal to independents. Where do you think that is now?

True. Too a point. And he was very good at foreign policy. But with Dr. Kissenger as your National Security advisor & Sec'y of State, it's hard not to be good at foreign policy!

However, his black mark is starting the DEA & 'War on Drugs'. Yeah, Ronnie & Nancy made it what it is, but ol' Tricky Dick started it!
Anne Chennault Affair; George Romney; “Only Nixon could go to China”; Detente; Arms Treaties; Title IX; Superfund Sites; EPA: CWA

POINT PROVEN :ROFLMAO:

Yikes, it appears from your post that you're giddy about Biden being president. What a pitiful group of leading candidates
the demo were stuck with when a doddering old Marxist a Cherokee Princess and old Quid Pro Joe, (Arguably the dumbest criminal on the planet) leading the pack.

Would you get in a car if Joe Biden was driving. at the wheel? Of course you wouldn't but you want
him to get behind the desk at the oval office and lead this nation.

Try to think logically, it's like doing a brisk walk, sure, there are easier things, but it's still not much of a challenge

Make that 57 sheep doing Pelosi and Schumers biding. What is funny is the price of Purina sheep chow is going up under Biden.
What a stupid post.

You're talking like that is a good thing for the Republican brand going forward. The only reason it has been viable at all is because it had some appeal to independents. Where do you think that is now?

Actually I don't think he'll run again but will have a huge say as to who will be the nominee!

Like I posted before:
IMO There is 4 classifications looking for the nomination.

Type 1) Josh Hawley, Ron DeSantis, Tom Cotton, Kristy Noem, Rand Paul (All with get Trump's endorsement) & possibly Pence

Type 2) Nikki Haley, Marco Rubio,

Type 3) Mittens (Better known as Pierre DeLecto), John Kasich, maybe Liz Cheney

Type 4) Charlie Baker & Lary Hogan

Type 1) 50% chance of winning nomination
Type 2) 25% chance of winning nomination
Type 3) 1% chance of winning nomination
Type 4) 24% chance of winning nomination

None of whom are a current threat to Trump, such as Nikki Haley, referred to as a “raghead” by some Republicans.

None of whom are a current threat to Trump, such as Nikki Haley, referred to as a “raghead” by some Republicans.

She may be a threat for the nomination true, but she's no threat to Trump. Trump will not support
her in the 2024 republican primaries so the opposite is true Trump who I doubt will run in 4 years
will be a threat to her hopes of winning the nomination. I might vote for her if she's the nominee
but would never vote for her in the primaries.

Hallelujah! Now maybe the business of the country can continue. Unless Nancy and Chuck have plans to kidnap Trump and burn him at the stake on the White House lawn. Stranger things have happened you know.
While that may be appropriate, Donald getting lost and no longer tormenting the country is a blessing. Besides, his legal troubles are far from over.

So how many years are we going to have to listen to you jerkoffs telling us how bad Trump was?

20? 50? 100 years?
Nah. Our grandchildren will take care of that: “Grandpa, what were people thinking when they elected such a crook and liar?”

Back
Top Bottom