• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump Is a Super-Spreader of Disinformation

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

The president is the single biggest reason why many Americans distrust science, the electoral system, and one another.

10/5/20
A super-spreader—a term we didn’t much use nine months ago—is a person with a contagious disease who gives it to a lot of other people. In the coronavirus pandemic, super-spreaders have played an outsize role. Scientists have identified super-spreaders who have infected dozens of people with the virus, while others with the illness haven’t infected anyone at all. Super-spreaders may explain why the coronavirus seems to take over so quickly in some places, but not in others. We don’t know yet whether President Donald Trump was a super-spreader of the coronavirus or the victim of one, perhaps at the Rose Garden event for the Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett, where few wore masks and many shook hands; perhaps while he was preparing to debate. But Trump has been a super-spreader in a different sense for many, many years—a super-spreader of disinformation. As a businessman, he was a congenital liar who phoned in fake stories about himself to New York tabloids, who lied about his net worth, who exaggerated the height of Trump Tower. As a candidate, he lied about Barack Obama’s birth certificate; he declared falsely that Ted Cruz’s father had helped assassinate John F. Kennedy; he invented a story about “thousands” of New Jersey Muslims celebrating on 9/11. As president, he has lied about so many things that even the nation’s most assiduous fact-checkers have had trouble keeping up.

When the pandemic began, I did hope that the virus would provide a dose of hard reality to American public discourse, one strong enough to break through the fog of disinformation that Trump has created around himself and his administration. My fears were well founded. While the leaders of democracies as varied as Germany, Slovakia, Taiwan, and South Korea fought the virus with the best science and the best public-health information they could muster— the American president kept lying, kept dissembling, kept dodging reality. At the very beginning, Trump didn’t tell Americans what he knew about COVID-19: “I wanted to play it down,” he told Bob Woodward. He lied about what was in his briefings, lied about what he had been told by the Chinese government, lied about his efforts to block travel from China, kept lying all through the spring and the summer. As recently as Tuesday’s debate, he was lying about a vaccine, falsely declaring that the U.S. military would soon be delivering hundreds of thousands of doses. And we are all … unsurprised. This kind of obfuscation, this level of confusion, is exactly what we have come to expect from our national leader. Trump has destroyed our trust with wanton abandon—trust in our political system, trust in our institutions, trust in science, trust in America itself—simply because it benefits him, personally, to do so.

Agreed. Donald Trump has attacked America with lies and disinformation every bit as toxic and corrosive as COVID-19.

A willing participant, the GOP has aided and abetted Trump in his unceasing onslaught on American traditions, principles, ethics and morals.

Their criminal undermining of America for the sake of personal/political power continues to this very day. Clean house on November 3rd.

Are you kidding me? Conservative science illiteracy is legendary.

Surely, nothing beats this dis-information. It's an outright lie!

Look what they're calling as white supremacists! Even Wallace (from the debate) is spreading that lie.

Lol. They must be all color-blind. or, I am. :ROFLMAO:

Also, he's a superspreader of coronavirus.

Has nothing to do with Trumps disinformation and lies vis-a-vis COVID.

This is what I don’t get about Trump and the virus. I suggested here a while ago that he could have cinched re-election had he acted like Giuliani or W did post 9-11. Now, after his release from the hospital, what prevented him from saying something like “That I got sick shows that the virus can affect anyone. We need you to go about your business, but wear masks and keep your distance”. He could finish repeating the line from the avuncular shift commander as he sent the cops to work on the old Hill Street Blues show, “Be careful out there.” Bingo! Approval rating soars.
I guess Trump can’t do avuncular.

What exactly are the disinformation and lies about the covid?
He is back to comparing the virus to the flu, and that is the latest, are you not keeping up with the lies, can't blame ya, he does it so often.

He is back to comparing the virus to the flu, and that is the latest, are you not keeping up with the lies, can't blame ya, he does it so often.

Flu-like symptoms.

Do I have COVID-19, the flu or a cold?
Unfortunately, the initial symptoms of COVID-19 are very similar to the seasonal flu and even the common cold, so you may not know whether you are infected with COVID-19.

The symptoms can include:

• Fever.
  • Cough.
  • Difficulty breathing.
  • Digestive symptoms such as diarrhea.
  • Pneumonia in both lungs (which would be seen on a chest X-ray).

Right? 🤷

How do we prevent contracting the flu?

Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizers if hand-washing isn't possible.
Safe distancing.
Don't share foods or untensils or towels, etc..,
Stay home if you're having the symptoms.

Same as Covid, right? 🤷

Are you kidding me? Conservative science illiteracy is legendary.

Are you kidding ME???? The left are the dumbest group of people on the face of the earth. You can explain something to them, show them the proof, and they will still believe a lie.

Donald Trump uses lying and chaos as a strategy. He can't out think other people.

US banks caught on to him years and years ago. So he pulled the same con on the republicans who hadn't done their research.

Of course he had to because he's massively broke.

We can now say literally the country is being led by an asshole on steroids.

Look what they're calling as white supremacists! Even Wallace (from the debate) is spreading that lie.

Lol. They must be all color-blind. or, I am. :ROFLMAO:

Enrique Tarrio, head of the trump Florida chapter of Latino's for trump is a black latino... how could he possibly be white power dude?

Enriquewhitepower2.jpg

I mean it's not possible right?

Enriquewhitepower.jpg

Enrique Tarrio, head of the trump Florida chapter of Latino's for trump is a black latino... how could he possibly be white power dude?

View attachment 67298232

I mean it's not possible right?

View attachment 67298233

What about this? BLM and PROUD BOYS, standing together! This video is a must-watch!
The President of the PROUD BOYS publicly Denounce White Supremacists.

It's the media that spreads dis-information!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom