• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump involved Pence in efforts to pressure Ukraine’s leader, though aides say vice president was un

Goddamn, by the time we've cut this cancer out of the President's seat, there isn't going to be a Republican ticket left. Probably shouldn't have started cancelling primaries this far in advance, eh?

Trump involved Pence in efforts to pressure Ukraine’s leader, though aides say vice president was unaware of pursuit of dirt on Bidens

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...3aa9e2-e4a7-11e9-b403-f738899982d2_story.html

Sergeant Schultz defense.

"I see nothing! I hear nothing! I know nothing!"

By any and all means Pence should be included in House impeachment efforts along with Trump. That is sure to get plenty of republicant Senate votes for removal of both of those corrupt crooks and thus make Pelosi the POTUS.

By any and all means Pence should be included in House impeachment efforts along with Trump. That is sure to get plenty of republicant Senate votes for removal of both of those corrupt crooks and thus make Pelosi the POTUS.

Pompeo is rounding up dirt on Pelosi as we speak........:shock:

So Trump and Zelensky both ran on, among other things, "draining the swamp". Ukraine WAS involved in activities that could reasonably be considered corrupt. Other nations wanted to root out corruption in the Ukraine as well. However, when Trump talks to Zelensky about some of the corrupt acts that were reported to have originated in the Ukraine and chooses to delay military funding until he's satisfied that anti-corruption policies will be put in place it's considered to be a corrupt act. Why is it a "corrupt act"? It's a corrupt act because the former VP and current presidential candidate might be involved in one of those acts.

That is a horrible idea.

So Trump and Zelensky both ran on, among other things, "draining the swamp". Ukraine WAS involved in activities that could reasonably be considered corrupt. Other nations wanted to root out corruption in the Ukraine as well. However, when Trump talks to Zelensky about some of the corrupt acts that were reported to have originated in the Ukraine and chooses to delay military funding until he's satisfied that anti-corruption policies will be put in place it's considered to be a corrupt act. Why is it a "corrupt act"? It's a corrupt act because the former VP and current presidential candidate might be involved in one of those acts.

Hmm... is it better to replace a corrupt POTUS with a corrupt VP? Perhaps you just shudder at the thought of President Pelosi. ;)

You're right about my feelings towards Pelosi but I think impeaching both the Pres and VP would be too destabilizing to the country

The only anti-corruption policy Trump was interested in was extorting other countries to investigate his top political rival to help him win re-election.

I read the translator's notes that got released, and I didn't see much indication that Trump was chasing after anti-corruption policies. In fact, he specifically praised a prosecutor who had been removed for being corrupt, and asked the Ukrainian President to investigate a political rival of Trump's over something that had already been investigated by the Republicans three years ago. You might be able to see a perfectly innocent and well-intentioned push for anti-corruption policies in poor, sweet, militarily-besieged Ukraine, but I don't think there's much evidence that Trump had such charitable intent on this, in no small part because he hasn't said that was his intent.

tl;dr: This ain't it, chief.

You're right about my feelings towards Pelosi but I think impeaching both the Pres and VP would be too destabilizing to the country

I'm sure that plenty of republicant Senators would agree with you.

......because the ship of state is so stable now?

Trump involved Pence in efforts to pressure Ukraine’s leader, though aides say vice president was unaware of pursuit of dirt on Bidens

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...3aa9e2-e4a7-11e9-b403-f738899982d2_story.html

Sergeant Schultz defense.

"I see nothing! I hear nothing! I know nothing!"

Pressure Ukraine's leader to do what?

Help provide some details about Joe Biden's threats and demands in order to protect his drug addict son?

As a citizen, I'd like to know more about that. I want to understand what kind of influence the Vice President used to benefit his son.

Aren't you interested in that?

Pressure Ukraine's leader to do what?

Help provide some details about Joe Biden's threats and demands in order to protect his drug addict son?

As a citizen, I'd like to know more about that. I want to understand what kind of influence the Vice President used to benefit his son.

Aren't you interested in that?

No I'm more interested in why Pence's staff is coming out saying that Pence was clueless as to what was going on.

Absolutely not. Trump is the focus, and the source of corruption. Including Pence would give credence to the imbecilic GOP mantra that the Democrats are planning a coup, and if Nancy Pelosi was in the WH for even a day, the Democrats would drop like flies in the 2020 election.

Stupidest idea ever, unless one is a GOP strategist.

No I'm more interested in why Pence's staff is coming out saying that Pence was clueless as to what was going on.

Well Pence is naturally clueless, so he has that in his favor.

If I were Trump I'd make him the sacrificial lamb. :mrgreen:

I am having trouble believing that anyone can post this with a straight face.

When did Donald Trump EVER care about corruption????????

The man is the soul of corruption. He sees the law as a weapon to be deployed against his enemies, or as a defense tactic. Not as a matter of moral authority.

His Administration is one of the most corrupt in all of American history, and we almost certainly don’t know the half of it.

So, to assert that Trump’s behavior is rooted in some desire to end corruption in Ukraine is pathetic.

Particularly when it is very well documented now that Trump’s real interest lie in gathering dirt from foreign leaders to use against an opponent, and using your taxpayer money as bait.

I have a suspicion that you see more to that than I do, Or maybe not.

Pence has been playing the clueless loyal soldier for three years now. This has put him in the position of having to take absurd positions and pretend he didn’t know about stuff in order to survive.

This may be more of the same.

But since Trump implicated Pence, it’s unlikely that he will be able to escape public scrutiny over this. Especially with this lame defense.

I have no idea whether Pence was involved in this nonsense. Trump was thrashing around trying to point fingers at anyone but him, when he implicated Pence.

But maybe you see something more.

Back
Top Bottom