• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Insurrectionists and Rioters Slink Away

Jack2aTee

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I was reading Trump's most radical supporters (ones who like to tear up Capitol buildings, for example) were planning riots in all 50 capitals today. The inauguration went off without a peep anywhere far as I know. I didn't see a single Trump troublemaker in DC and there weren't any reports of any riots anywhere in the US. Feels like a normal sunny Wednesday afternoon again. Do you think Trump's ignominious early morning departure from the WH took all the wind out of their sails? Is the Trump assault on American democracy by ultra-right-wing radical dunces finally over?

I was reading Trump's most radical supporters (ones who like to tear up Capitol buildings, for example) were planning riots in all 50 capitals today. The inauguration went off without a peep anywhere far as I know. I didn't see a single Trump troublemaker in DC and there weren't any reports of any riots anywhere in the US. Feels like a normal sunny Wednesday afternoon again. Do you think Trump's ignominious early morning departure from the WH took all the wind out of their sails? Is the Trump assault on American democracy by ultra-right-wing radical dunces finally over?

Trump abandoned his losers, and they are now lost little lambs.

**** them.

Ordering that Republican protesters be shot to death probably had something to do with it. Jews dare not challenge Nazis.

Ordering that Republican protesters be shot to death probably had something to do with it. Jews dare not challenge Nazis.

It takes a certain level of disconnect from reality to make that comparison when Trump's people were laying siege to Congress two weeks ago in "Camp Auschwitz" and "6MWE" shirts.

I didn't know that. Did the National Guard have orders to shoot to kill if any rioters in DC tried to break the ranks?

Well it's a great thing that they hadn't done anything to try to cause violence or mayhem today, there's that to be thankful of.
But it's so atypical of Trumpsters. Their whole modus operandi--indeed their only reason for living is to foment disruption and chaos in a concerted effort to bring down the American government. Without that their lives have no meaning or purpose. It's just astonishing to me that a group of the most radicalized of them didn't try something anywhere. I truly think with Trump gone they're like a balloon that had a BB shot through it. Pfffffft!

But it's so atypical of Trumpsters. Their whole modus operandi--indeed their only reason for living is to foment disruption and chaos in a concerted effort to bring down the American government. Without that their lives have no meaning or purpose. It's just astonishing to me that a group of the most radicalized of them didn't try something anywhere. I truly think with Trump gone they're like a balloon that had a BB shot through it. Pfffffft!
I think maybe the arrests and charges really took the wind out of their sails. It's easy to run one's mouth, but when you looking down a long list of serious federal crimes, opinions often change.

I think maybe the arrests and charges really took the wind out of their sails. It's easy to run one's mouth, but when you looking down a long list of serious federal crimes, opinions often change.
I think it was the Federal crime charges that did it. They actually thought they could get away with lynching Pence and not have any consequences. No brains, no headaches. I think a few hundred 20-year convictions of the ones they've got in custody should put an end to them.

When you have to hid behind 15,000 troops, things stink to high heaven. Kind of like the inaugurations in the USSR. Apparently Biden and the democrats are not loved as much as they think they are.

What a hoot. Biden and the democrats gave an inauguration, and nobody came. Just like his election rallies.

What a hoot. Biden and the democrats gave an inauguration, and nobody came. Just like his election rallies.

It was planned that way.

"This year, President-elect Joe Biden is deliberately keeping the inauguration a small affair, with the inauguration's planners looking for ways to continue traditions while keeping people safe amid the pandemic that has killed more than 399,000 people in the USA. "

When you have to hid behind 15,000 troops, things stink to high heaven. Kind of like the inaugurations in the USSR. Apparently, Biden and the democrats are not loved as much as they think they are.
After the attempted coup at the Capital last Tuesday it needed a show of force. The risk of not doing it would have established the county if a member of the executive branch would have been the target of an assassination attempt on inauguration day.

I'm sure that the federal government is just getting started cracking down on the violent MAGAites and I hope that they can hold their next rally in Terra Hauta, Leavenworth, or Gitmo.

I think TRump worked them into a frenzy culminating in the attack on the capital where he left them high and dry. The leader, Trump did not show at teh capital as he said he would an d then threw them under the bus for doing as he said.
They are lost and disillusioned as a result.

Their God turned his back on them. That has gotta hurt.

The lack of pardons didn't help their morale either.

that was part of why i worked from home today. i'm glad that there weren't riots, and i hope that there won't be in the future.

I think TRump worked them into a frenzy culminating in the attack on the capital where he left them high and dry. The leader, Trump did not show at teh capital as he said he would an d then threw them under the bus for doing as he said.
They are lost and disillusioned as a result.

Their God turned his back on them. That has gotta hurt.
Not only that, but when some who were arrested begged Trump for a pardon he ignored them. They will now face serious Federal crime charges that could send them away for 20 years. That had to hurt too.

Not only that, but when some who were arrested begged Trump for a pardon he ignored them. They will now face serious Federal crime charges that could send them away for 20 years. That had to hurt too.

It's their own fault.

ignorance came with a vengeance for these people

When you have to hid behind 15,000 troops, things stink to high heaven. Kind of like the inaugurations in the USSR. Apparently Biden and the democrats are not loved as much as they think they are.

That's what you have to do when there's boog terrorists and insurrectionists.

Get mad about it. Stay mad about it.

Delicious.

What's an even bigger hoot is that he's still your president.

Some of them appear to be quite upset

Some of them appear to be quite upset

What's going to happen to these people who have been brainwashed by Trump? For me, Trump unleashing COVID on us is bad enough, but to have brought millions of Americans to a state of despair such as this with his lies and deceit--I don't know which crime is the worse.

Bullies are generally physical cowards, appearing only if they can do that in large numbers that outweigh whatever victim of their "attention".

I predicted in another thread that there'd be no repetition of last Wednesday today.

Alone on account of the potential of (this time) their clearly having to face what needs to be done with any bully, namely getting their heads busted.

Bullies also follow only bullies and when their chief bully scarpered off today (and even before that, on last Wednesday) they deflated like blown up paper bags.

Only difference being that such paper bags make more noise when forcibly deflated.

Back
Top Bottom