• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Institute Offered Get-Rich Schemes with Plagiarized Lessons

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/30/us/politics/donald-trump-institute-plagiarism.html
Trump Institute Offered Get-Rich Schemes with Plagiarized Lessons

“In 2005, as he was making a transition from developing real estate to capitalizing on his fame through ventures like a reality show and product-licensing deals, Donald J. Trump hit upon a two-pronged strategy for entering the field of for-profit education.

He poured his own money into Trump University, which began as a distance-learning business advising customers on how to make money in real estate, but left a long trail of customers alleging they were defrauded. Their lawsuits have cast a shadow over Mr. Trump’s presidential campaign. But Mr. Trump also lent his name, and his credibility, to a seminar business he did not own, which was branded the Trump Institute. Its operators rented out hotel ballrooms across the country and invited people to pay up to $2,000 to come hear Mr. Trump’s “wealth-creating secrets and strategies.”

And its customers had ample reason to ask whether they, too, had been deceived…………..

I do not know why folks dispute me when I call the Dumpster a crook………con-man……….dirtbag

I don’t know why folks don’t believe me when I said, “This is just the tip of the iceberg; and there’s much more to come……….

I just don’t know why……

ALSO SEE:
Report: Trump Institute plagiarized its course materials
Report: Trump Institute plagiarized its course materials - CBS News

In the interest of intellectual integrity AND fairness, would it be too much to ask you to research and present all of the available information regarding The Clinton international educational enterprises? Even though this may be a bit shocking, you probably won't find any citations in the NEW YORK TIMES.

In the interest of intellectual integrity AND fairness, would it be too much to ask you to research and present all of the available information regarding The Clinton international educational enterprises? Even though this may be a bit shocking, you probably won't find any citations in the NEW YORK TIMES.

Are most (if not all) criticisms against Trump are responded with "yeah but what about Hilary?"

Funny how that works, idnit?

Somehow the bag filled with intellectual integrity and fairness is always the first thing to get thrown unda da bus.

Are most (if not all) criticisms against Trump are responded with "yeah but what about Hilary?"

Sure, and if HRC stuck her head in a bucket of pig manure, they would gladly do it too because she did it. LOL.

But Mr. Trump also lent his name, and his credibility, to a seminar business he did not own, ...
[...]

I do not know why folks dispute me when I call the Dumpster a crook………con-man……….dirtbag

I don’t know why folks don’t believe me when I said, “This is just the tip of the iceberg; and there’s much more to come……….

I just don’t know why……

Let's see. He lends his name and you and Trump haters make him responsible?
Par for the course it seems.

If there was wrong doing here it does not lie with Trump, which just further exemplifies why most of the crap that gets posted is dismissed.
Because it is usually either out of context, exaggerated, or irrational nonsense by Trump haters. And you claim not to know why when it is obvious? iLOL

Off subject and suggesting an apple-oranges comparison is a silly waste of time

If there was wrong doing here it does not lie with Trump, which just further exemplifies why most of the crap that gets posted is dismissed.
Because it is usually either out of context, exaggerated, or irrational nonsense by Trump haters. And you claim not to know why when it is obvious? iLOL

No Trump never just "lends his name"..........he rents it...........And in this case was a main actor in the scheme...........The mane is a con man who has a long list of screwing others out of their money.........

No matter what you say........an all based upon feelings; not fact...........Donald is a scumbag

It's the typical distraction tactic. Popular with liberals.

And, here's a link to the Donald Trump promotional video for Trump University. I keep having to find new sites for the promo because they seem to get scrubbed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q1N_B6Y4ZQ

Last edited:

He lent his name, that's his integrity on the line. He put his name on it. If you put your name on a pile of **** and it's sold as gold, you may not be "responsible", but it sure as heck doesn't look good for ya.

Can't blame 'em. It's been "What about Bush" for eight years.

And before that "What about Clinton". And in just over 8 years from now, we'll be back at that one, lol.

Trump didn't merely lend his name. He owned 93% of the company.

With all the hoopla over Trump University, does that open all colleges, trade schools, etc. to law suits?

With all the hoopla over Trump University, does that open all colleges, trade schools, etc. to law suits?

They already are open to lawsuits, but I'm not sure what anyone would sue them for.

Trump didn't merely lend his name. He owned 93% of the company.

He owned Trump University, but he only sold his name to the sleazeball owners of Trump Institute, who had a long history of defrauding gullible people and running afoul of the law. It's pretty shocking his lawyers allowed his name to be associated with the dirtballs running Trump Institute. I guess they just didn't care as long as the checks cleared.

Not that it matters much with regard to voting. We all know he's a shameless promoter and has the 'amorality' of probably most people of his stature, which is a general belief that there is no morality in making money, and if people get screwed, that's on them so long as the business practice fits within the general outlines of the law, with large gray areas around the borders.

He owned Trump University, but he only sold his name to the sleazeball owners of Trump Institute, who had a long history of defrauding gullible people and running afoul of the law. It's pretty shocking his lawyers allowed his name to be associated with the dirtballs running Trump Institute. I guess they just didn't care as long as the checks cleared.

Not that it matters much with regard to voting. We all know he's a shameless promoter and has the 'amorality' of probably most people of his stature, which is a general belief that there is no morality in making money, and if people get screwed, that's on them so long as the business practice fits within the general outlines of the law, with large gray areas around the borders.

Trump Univeristy and Trump Institute were the same company. Trump changed the name from Trump Institute to Trump University when he incorporated it. He was the sleezeball owner.

Last edited:
"Never give a sucker an even break." -W.C. Fields

Back
Top Bottom