• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Inaugural Committee Ordered to Hand Over Documents to Federal Investigators

Sounds like another witch hunt to succeed the Mueller nothingburger which is about to end.

How long has your side been saying that one? :lamo

Even if it were to end tonight, there have been convictions, guilty pleas, flips, and dozens of charges. For you to keep going on that this is somehow a 'witch hunt' is laughable to everyone who hasn't drank the orange Kool-Aid.

The Mueller investigation isn't the only investigation that Trump and his team of conspirators need to fear, it's the Southern District of NY that's going to be more trouble for them that Robert Mueller. They're looking for 'straw donors' such as foreign money being given to the inaugural committee to influence Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/04/us/politics/trump-inaugural-committee-subpoena.html

[h=1]Trump Inaugural Committee Ordered to Hand Over Documents to Federal Investigators[/h]
President Trump’s inaugural committee was ordered on Monday to turn over documents about its donors, finances and activities to federal prosecutors in Manhattan, according to two people familiar with their investigation into the committee’s activities.

A lawyer working with the inaugural committee received a subpoena on Monday evening seeking documents related to all of the committee’s donors and event attendees; any benefits handed out, including tickets and photo opportunities with the president; federal disclosure filings; vendors; contracts; and more, one of the people said.

Who is Imaad Zuberi? He was specifically named in the subpoena.

No doubt the prosecutors will apply a largely unknown charge: "Conspiracy to celebrate an election victory with foreign soundtrack" and "Unreported in-kind contributions of Putin vocal recording of "Home, Home, on the Range" at the Bush BBQ.

Scandalous.

And the day after the BBQ, reality set in, ... well we know what happened next, the resistance has been in mourning ever since.
:hm

"Federal law prohibits foreign contributions to federal campaigns, political action committees and inaugural funds."

Your answer suggests you believe it's quite likely that inaugural committee members knowingly accepted illegal foreign donations. So a fair questions is if the committee members knowingly accepted illegal foreign donations and then proceeded to lie under oath about them, why would they do that?

Good question. There sure is a lot of lying going on.

Even if it were to end tonight, there have been convictions, guilty pleas, flips, and dozens of charges. For you to keep going on that this is somehow a 'witch hunt' is laughable to everyone who hasn't drank the orange Kool-Aid.

You still have nothing on Trump....

N O T H I N G . . .

"Federal law prohibits foreign contributions to federal campaigns, political action committees and inaugural funds."

Your answer suggests you believe it's quite likely that inaugural committee members knowingly accepted illegal foreign donations. So a fair question is if committee members knowingly accepted illegal foreign donations and then proceeded to lie under oath about them, why would they do that?

Why do you keep doing this?
Putting words into the mouths of others?
Don't you have enough words in your own mouth you should be owning?

Why do you keep doing this?
Putting words into the mouths of others?
Don't you have enough words in your own mouth you should be owning?

It was fair to say the believes it was likely that committee members knowingly lied since he felt the need to replace the description of the criminal act with a euphemism. What about you, trix? Do you think it's likely that inaugural committee members knowingly filed false FEC disclosures to disguise foreign donations?

Last edited:
You still have nothing on Trump....

N O T H I N G . . .

:lamo

Anything on Trump would be just gravy at this point. No matter what happens here on out, this will go down as the most corrupt campaign/presidency in US history. Trey Gowdy has wet dreams about having even a fraction of the dirt for his failed Benghazi Investigations that Mueller has on Trump's Minions.

I have four sides, but they are not the kind of sides you're yakking about.
I feel sorry for the poor sob's that won't contemplate that they may very well be wrong.
Me, being the forever optimist that I am... I'll wait for the fat opera lady to belt one out...

And please, drinking the Kool-aid? (which I am sure you guzzled) went out with the Obama era.
Time for you to get with it, comrade.. Now we eat rubles for breakfast while the resistors cry in their cheap, American beer. ;)

Just saw this on All In with Chris Hays. Trump should be more concerned about the SDNY than anything Mueller can do. Trump's family should be more concerned about this as well. Daddy can't pull any strings if they gets in trouble with them.

SDNY is the US Attorney's Office - Southern District of New York. That is a federal investigation. Trump can pardon federal crimes. Its state crimes that are beyond his reach. The AG of the State of NY, however, is active in many of these investigations.

Granted that we are dealing with corruption that is beyond the human mind to keep organized without a scorecard, so here is a scorecard.

https://www.wired.com/story/mueller-investigation-trump-russia-complete-guide/

And? The above means what?
Think hard!

That you can't comprehend...not at all shocking. The noose is tightening. Mueller is cleaning house. Dotting his I's and crossing his t"s. Only a matter of time now.

How much more absurd can it get? Federal criminal attorneys are mining private donations to a privately funded celebration AFTER HE WON?

Hey, why not find out who gave wedding presents to Ivana at her wedding; besides, what about those lunch receipts when she went out with Chelsie Clinton? Didn't they eat shrimp from a dubious nation? So about that shrimp bisque, where did they go, what do they know, and when did they know it?

The Republic has become a sham of lawfare, as absurd as a charge of wrong-doing in Russia by the wrong-doers...crazy.

There are laws prohibiting foreign donors and straw donors to a Presidential inauguration, and the finances of this inauguration have been very shady from the beginning. Furthermore, it's Trump's own appointees - the SDNY USA Berman and likely Acting AG Whitaker who had to sign off on this, so it's kind of a stretch to call this a 'partisan' witch hunt or the equivalent. Maybe it's federal prosecutors doing their jobs, which is to root out political corruption among other duties.

He was charged with orchestrating two straw donations in a federal election; not making a straw donation to what would have been a pity party after his candidate predictably lost.

This is dumber than dumb.

If foreign actors are attempting to buy influence by donating to an inauguration, why is that "dumber than dumb?" Are you OK with that?

Can anybody find a link to the subpoena? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Maggie Haberman is claiming that it alludes to quite a few extraordinary potential crimes and I'd like to read the doc for myself.

Hell, of course they knew!
Inauguration night, they all had Russian party vendors dressed like hookers pee on them at the WH slumber party

:wow:Trix, Thank You for~~~ Such a funny :joke:!:2funny:

You should :2bow:

Roseann:clap:

I comprehend.

Prove it.

Prove it.

Prove it.

Prove it.

BWAHAHAHA. All of the indictment, convictions and guilty please are from Trump's cabinet and campaign. Your apologies won't change that. Trump's goose is cooked.

I'm sure you don't know the difference between an FEC charge over a violation meant to protect against foreign interference with an election, and a violation that protects against non-election privately funded good time.

And that, in a nutshell, is what is wrong with the Trump lynch mob.

Why do you think people contributed huge sums to the inauguration if not to (hopefully) buy influence? The motives are exactly the same, just different vehicles for doing it. It's why we have laws against foreigners contributing to them.

Have you read anything about the inauguration committee? Here's a decent overview: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/14/tru...ee-fundraising-was-a-mess-from-the-start.html

Some highlights:

- Trump for the first time allowed for unlimited individual and corporate donors. Obama had limited them to $50,000, and Bush II to $100k. That's how he began his "drain the swamp" efforts, by inviting all the swamp dwellers to donate unlimited amounts to his inauguration. Should have been a good sign of what was to come.
- Trump raised double what Obama did (over $100 million), had far fewer parties (3 official parties versus Obama's 10), a far shorter parade, and somehow spent double what Obama's first inauguration spent.
- The required disclosure of donors was completely riddled with errors, including many big donors with non-existent addresses, made up addresses, wrong names, etc. Two years later they're still not fixed.
- The accounting for where the money went - again, double what Obama spent - is similarly a mess. At least $40 million is a big old ??????

So, yeah, unlimited amounts, donor lists riddled with errors, and a bunch of huge question marks on how in the hell they possibly spent all that money and that they won't disclose, are all pretty good places to look for political corruption.

BWAHAHAHA. All of the indictment, convictions and guilty please are from Trump's cabinet and campaign. Your apologies won't change that. Trump's goose is cooked.

Sorry, but the above does not prove crap.
Why would I apologize?

I think most CT(s) have lost their minds.

The goose is not cooked, more like foie gras waiting for the sizzle.....

And please, drinking the Kool-aid?

There is no other sane explanation for why one would devote their every day existence defending a thrice-married narcissistic conman. Honestly, it makes me sad.

(which I am sure you guzzled) went out with the Obama era.

Wrong again. Never voted for him (how many times have I told you this?) and was often critical (though, in retrospect, Obama was nowhere near the dumpster fire we have now).

I think most CT(s) have lost their minds.

Who called Alex Jones right after election day? Who tweeted anti-vaxx comments at least twenty times?

There is no other sane explanation for why one would devote their every day existence defending a thrice-married narcissistic conman. Honestly, it makes me sad.

Wrong again. Never voted for him (how many times have I told you this?) and was often critical (though, in retrospect, Obama was nowhere near the dumpster fire we have now).

I didn't vote for him.
I can't understand why you would devote yourself to lying about me.

Back
Top Bottom