• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump in a Funk

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
It could not happen to a nicer guy. Wallow in it, Mr President.

For Trump, there's no easy way out of his funk

By multiple accounts, Donald Trump is in one of the deepest funks of his presidency. The bad news is that the challenges and threats that are making his mood so dark are likely to get worse before they get better.

The President is angry at his rebuke from voters in the midterm elections. The oppressive prospect of action by special counsel Robert Mueller hangs like an immovable cloud over his White House. Staff chaos in the West Wing is producing lurid palace intrigue stories in the media that the President hates.

...Trump could examine his entire political approach. While his strategy of division and tearing at cultural and racial divides helped him win the White House, it seemed to backfire in key House races. Failure to win back the suburbs could harm his hopes of winning a second term in 2020.

If Trump never gave another angry news conference or swore off explosive tweets, it's possible that his political situation -- and his 39% approval rating in the latest CNN poll -- would improve.

If I was advising the president, I would recommend he follow the advice of that last paragraph to a T. He should reach across the aisle, cut a few good deals with Pelosi, make nice with Schumer and quit acting like a bull in a goddamned china shop. All of those actions would pay back huge dividends, even if it does piss of the 4-Chan crowd and White Nationalist morons.

"Donny, Be Everyone's President!"

Odds are he won't do that though. So buckle up, Republicans. Things are about to get a hell of a lot worse.

If I was advising the president, I would recommend he follow the advice of that last paragraph to a T. He should reach across the aisle, cut a few good deals with Pelosi, make nice with Schumer and quit acting like a bull in a goddamned china shop. All of those actions would pay back huge dividends, even if it does piss of the 4-Chan crowd and White Nationalist morons.

Odds are he won't do that though. So buckle up, Republicans. Things are about to get a hell of a lot worse.

My thoughts about Trump's funk are "what a coward.....what a typical bully". Punch him in the mouth and he doesn't know more than pout. Trump might have cost himself more Independents and even traditional Republicans in his pouty, grumpy, throwing his toys around his playpen reaction to the last couple weeks than he cost himself going into the mid-terms with his focus on the "Caravan".

Frankly as a tri-stater I am surprised he has responded this badly. It simply says to me that he is way out of his element (like we didn't already know that). All the old response mechanisms he would have used in his business when he got knocked down are way sketchy if used in his current predicament and he is feeling like he is standing on quicksand.

If Trump followed the advice in that last paragraph, it wouldn't make a bit of difference.

Heck, if Trump turned himself into an Obama clone, the Trump hating multimedia echo chamber wouldn't care. They'd still continue to attack him.

No doubt CNN has the skinny on how Trump feels.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

My thoughts about Trump's funk are "what a coward.....what a typical bully". Punch him in the mouth and he doesn't know more than pout. Trump might have cost himself more Independents and even traditional Republicans in his pouty, grumpy, throwing his toys around his playpen reaction to the last couple weeks than he cost himself going into the mid-terms with his focus on the "Caravan".

Frankly as a tri-stater I am surprised he has responded this badly. It simply says to me that he is way out of his element (like we didn't already know that). All the old response mechanisms he would have used in his business when he got knocked down are way sketchy if used in his current predicament and he is feeling like he is standing on quicksand.

I agree. It shows that Trump has no pick himself up by his bootstraps skills. But, I am not surprised to see it.

It's pretty obvious to see. Well, if someone pulls their head out of their ass and bothers to look.

It must really be miserable for the left to wake up in the morning with such a negative outlook on life. They can't name one thing that is worse in their life since Trump was elected but that doesn't stop them from being miserable. And why are they miserable? Because Hitlery Klinton is not their ruler. lmao

He's free to step aside and let the adults run the country any time he wants. In fact, that would be the fantasy of every human with a functioning brain.

He's free to step aside and let the adults run the country any time he wants. In fact, that would be the fantasy of every human with a functioning brain.

My brain functions wonderfully. It has created a small business where it gives people jobs. Small business confidence is up 45% thanks to Trump's policies. Even monkeys are smarter than the left.

My brain functions wonderfully. It has created a small business where it gives people jobs. Small business confidence is up 45% thanks to Trump's policies. Even monkeys are smarter than the left.

A debating website?

Christ, I thought his attack on Californians, as they were being burned alive and losing everything, all to score cheap political points, would have picked up his mood some.

If that didn't cheer him up, it must be pretty bad.

Last edited:
It must really be miserable for the left to wake up in the morning with such a negative outlook on life. They can't name one thing that is worse in their life since Trump was elected but that doesn't stop them from being miserable.

Well, being Canadian, we do get to laugh our butts off at Trump on a daily basis. So does the rest of the world. I go swimming every morning, and someone is sure to bring up something stupid Trump said or did that day, and we all laugh at what a moron he is, and how half a country actually looks up to this idiot intellectually. If I really want to get the laughs going, I tell them about some of the posts on this forum.

So keep playing the fool, Donald, you're doing great as the biggest laughing stock in the world. And Trump supporters, you keep on keeping on.

Last edited:

You think he is bummed out know. Wait until Mueller indictes Junior and Nancy is sending the WH subpoenas. He will look back at the first two years as a honeymoon. there is a new Sheriff's in town come Jan !

If Trump followed the advice in that last paragraph, it wouldn't make a bit of difference.

Heck, if Trump turned himself into an Obama clone, the Trump hating multimedia echo chamber wouldn't care. They'd still continue to attack him.

Awwwww, poor little Donald. Courts the votes of the KKK, Neo Nazis, and racists, and then gets all upset when the people who aren't racists despise him for his divisive tactics.

Trump's Midterm Closing Argument: Pure Racial Fear

Ryan: Trump's comments 'textbook definition' of racism

With racist ad, Trump sinks to a new low

Research Finds That Racism, Sexism, and Status Fears Drove Trump Voters

Trump Defends White-Nationalist Protesters: 'Some Very Fine People'

Last edited:
Well, being Canadian, we do get to laugh our butts off at Trump on a daily basis. So does the rest of the world.

Laughing? No, it is his supporters who are laughing. His detractors just sit around screaming the sky is falling 24/7/365. They can't seem to get on with their lives ever since they found out Granny Scandals isn't their public servant. haha

Laughing? No, it is his supporters who are laughing. His detractors just sit around screaming the sky is falling 24/7/365. They can't seem to get on with their lives ever since they found out Granny Scandals isn't their public servant. haha

Actually NO! They went out and voted Trump's sycophants into the ground with the exception of the truly red states.

Well, being Canadian, we do get to laugh our butts off at Trump on a daily basis. So does the rest of the world. I go swimming every morning, and someone is sure to bring up something stupid Trump said or did that day, and we all laugh at what a moron he is, and how half a country actually looks up to this idiot intellectually. If I really want to get the laughs going, I tell them about some of the posts on this forum.

So keep playing the fool, Donald, you're doing great as the biggest laughing stock in the world. And Trump supporters, you keep on keeping on.

Please tell your friends its 1/3 not 1/2 the country.

Trump has proven he's an idiot when it comes to hiring, more interested in finding "Yes men" than people capable of doing their job.

Well, "Yes men" are traditionally little weasels, and it looks like the ones Trump has chosen are behaving true to form, spilling the beans to the media

Actually NO! They went out and voted Trump's sycophants into the ground with the exception of the truly red states.

Lol, rage on, bro!

It must really be miserable for the left to wake up in the morning with such a negative outlook on life. They can't name one thing that is worse in their life since Trump was elected but that doesn't stop them from being miserable. And why are they miserable? Because Hitlery Klinton is not their ruler. lmao

LOL! Most telling that you think the US has a ruler.

And completely unsurprising.

Huh? We never thought this granny was a public servant....

32230AE800000578-3489849-image-a-53_1457849422091.jpg

She's just part of the base.

Hail Trump: White nationalists mark Trump win with Nazi salute

One of Trump's "very fine people"

Trump Defends White-Nationalist Protesters: 'Some Very Fine People'

Ask that of the families of the 11 dead Jews in PA. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom