• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump: If we don't make a deal, that means they don't get the money!

Luckyone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Two days ago when Trump was asked about funding the USPS, he stated that he would not fund the USPS so that mail-in voting could be done well and successfully if the Democrats did not agree with the deal that the Republicans want for the Stimulus program.

Trump said, “You know, there's nothing wrong with getting out and voting, you get out and vote. They voted during World War I and World War II, and they should have voter ID because the Democrats scammed the system. But, two of the items are the Post Office and the $3.5 billion for mail-in voting. Now, if we don't make a deal, that means they don't get the money...That means they can't have universal mail-in voting, they just can't have it. So, you know, sort of a crazy thing. Very interesting.”

Trump says mail-in voting is one of the reasons his administration and congressional Democrats are at odds, but he doesn’t explicitly say he is blocking it. On Friday, Trump was asked in a news conference if he would sign a bill that included funding for the USPS. He said, “Sure, if they gave us what we want.”

Let me spell this out for you in clear words.

Trump is holding the USPS funding in ransom against the Democrats so that they agree on the deal the Republicans want, which by the way falls way short of offering the amount the Democrats feel would be helpful for the nation.

This means that our ability to vote (yours and mine) is being held in ransom to obtain the reduced funding they want.

I didn't know that our ability to vote was ever in doubt, did you? That is could be taken away from us if we don't agree to what one man (or one party) wants. Doesn't the Constitution give us the absolute right to vote without any conditions other than being of age and a U.S. citizen? Since when is money one of the requirements to vote?

Two days ago when Trump was asked about funding the USPS, he stated that he would not fund the USPS so that mail-in voting could be done well and successfully if the Democrats did not agree with the deal that the Republicans want for the Stimulus program.

Trump is holding the USPS funding in ransom against the Democrats so that they agree on the deal the Republicans want, which by the way falls way short of offering the amount the Democrats feel would be helpful for the nation.

This means that our ability to vote (yours and mine) is being held in ransom to obtain the reduced funding they want.

I didn't know that our ability to vote was ever in doubt, did you? That is could be taken away from us if we don't agree to what one man (or one party) wants. Doesn't the Constitution give us the absolute right to vote without any conditions other than being of age and a U.S. citizen? Since when is money one of the requirements to vote?

And I'm still wondering how giving republicans what they (and trump personally) want somehow makes mail in voting less fraudulent.

It's either rife with fraud or not. Liability protection for businesses would not seem to affect vote integrity one iota.

We really need to hammer this aspect.

Their narratives are built around the myth of widespread voter fraud. So trump needed to deny the postal service money to facilitate it.

But he'll stop denying it the money it needs if he gets what he wants from congress. None of which has anything to do with election integrity.

Which means he was never really concerned about election integrity in the first place. None of the were.

It was all just a damn lie, as usual.

Last edited:
we need to call impeding mail in voting during a pandemic what it is : straight up murder. a lot of us will show up to vote against this nightmare when we could have just voted safely. there's a pandemic, and this will result in a spike in deaths.

Let me spell this out for you more clearly and more directly than you did.

Trump is willing to kill people subjecting them to voting in person during a pandemic. By holding the USPS hostage the real intention here is to leave every avenue open that can be used to suppress the vote.

Extortion is a Hallmark of trump not the first time, like no DACA resolution withiut WALL funding.

Trump and the GOP are totally disgusting in their tactics. Trump is a mentally ill narcissist who must be removed ASAP.

and look at this report of Trumps face and message on applications for absentee ballots in North Carolina.

Voters in North Carolina have receive absentee ballot request forms in the mail with Trump's face on them - CNNPolitics

This criminal has no shame.

Last edited:
Thread #50 or so saying the same thing as the 49 or so other threads that say the same thing.

Trump won. Trump will will again.

Thread #50 or so saying the same thing as the 49 or so other threads that say the same thing.

Well, he did win at letting a pandemic virus run wild to the point the richest, most technologically advanced nation the world has ever seen completely lost control of it.

We have a sixth of the worlds population and a quarter of the deaths.

Winning! (Says SARS-CoV-2)

Well, he did win at letting a pandemic virus run wild to the point the richest, most technologically advanced nation the world has ever seen completely lost control of it.

We have a sixth of the worlds population and a quarter of the deaths.

Winning! (Says SARS-CoV-2)

Either way, swing voters who don't make up their minds til the end will say, "My light bill came the same day it always comes. this democratic blah blah blah about Trump shutting down the post office is BS."

Your post means that integrity of the election is not important to you. You just want Trump to win. Our democratic process is garbage, right?

Either way, swing voters who don't make up their minds til the end will say, "My light bill came the same day it always comes. this democratic blah blah blah about Trump shutting down the post office is BS."

Let me clue you in.

I am a diabetic that takes insulin. I ran out of insulin the other day because one of the insulin bottles broke. I called the VA and they overnighted the insulin to me (OVERNIGHTED via USPS). The insulin arrived yesterday, 3 days after it was sent.

Sure.

Except he never really cared about the post office.

Because he is prepared to give it all up for some concessions republican donors want.

If he was really concerned about fraud he wouldn't.

Simple as that.

Sure.

Except he never really cared about the post office.

Because he is prepared to give it all up for some concessions republican donors want.

If he was really concerned about fraud he wouldn't.

Simple as that.

What if, you are a cruel man. You are drawing down Drawdown. That is about as cruel as a person can be. He needs to be uplifted and not drawn down! He needs the support. No one ever agrees with him.

Trump and the GOP are totally disgusting in their tactics. Trump is a mentally ill narcissist who must be removed ASAP.

and look at this report of Trumps face and message on applications for absentee ballots in North Carolina.

Voters in North Carolina have receive absentee ballot request forms in the mail with Trump's face on them - CNNPolitics

This criminal has no shame.

Wait... what is wrong with promoting mail in voting? Even if it is the Trump Campaign doing it?

You'll be shocked to learn that in some states, one must register to vote, with a state approved Identification, over a month before the actual election.

There are a massive number of hurdles and conditions on the right to vote in many states; Why would you think otherwise?

It's not winning if you cheat. That's called stealing.

You'll be shocked to learn that in some states, one must register to vote, with a state approved Identification, over a month before the actual election.

There are a massive number of hurdles and conditions on the right to vote in many states; Why would you think otherwise?

???? your response has nothing to do with my post.

I am talking about people "already" registered to vote that cannot vote other than by mail or won't vote because they do not want to be put at risk of dying by by the virus and having to stand in line with other people for hours.

Under these conditions, mail in voting should be available to all who want it or need it.

Trump is trying to take that away from them.

What does have to do with voter ID and having to register?

???? your response has nothing to do with my post.

I am talking about people "already" registered to vote that cannot vote other than by mail or won't vote because they do not want to be put at risk of dying by by the virus and having to stand in line with other people for hours.

Under these conditions, mail in voting should be available to all who want it or need it.

What does have to do with voter ID and having to register?

You asked if the constitution allowed for no conditions to voting; I merely pointed out there is a staggering number of conditions one must comply with to cast a vote in many states, and that this has been the case for a long time. I don't see any additional requirements for absentee voting that would make this year's right to vote anymore in doubt than any other year.

You asked if the constitution allowed for no conditions to voting; I merely pointed out there is a staggering number of conditions one must comply with to cast a vote in many states, and that this has been the case for a long time. I don't see any additional requirements for absentee voting that would make this year's right to vote anymore in doubt than any other year.

Except that this year, the USPS service is having problems and they are making changes that affect delivery of mail. Trump is not agreeing to provide funding for the USPS unless the Democrats agree to the stimulus package that the Republicans are offering. In addition, It has been said by many states that they will not accept ballots not received by the election date even if postmarked before the date required, meaning that this year's election is being affected by this problem and Trump is refusing to solve it unless the Democrats pay the ransom required.

As such, our voting rights are being affected because if the mail fails to deliver the ballot in time for the election, it won't be counted even if postmarked in time.

Except that this year, the USPS service is having problems and they are making changes that affect delivery of mail. Trump is not agreeing to provide funding for the USPS unless the Democrats agree to the stimulus package that the Republicans are offering. In addition, It has been said by many states that they will not accept ballots not received by the election date even if postmarked before the date required, meaning that this year's election is being affected by this problem and Trump is refusing to solve it unless the Democrats pay the ransom required.

As such, our voting rights are being affected because if the mail fails to deliver the ballot in time for the election, it won't be counted even if postmarked in time.

Yes, and if one doesn't register in time, they are not allowed to vote either. Your argument makes no sense.

Democrats attached USPS funding to their pet bill. Republicans want it attached to their pet bill. I think Trump would sign a dirty napkin if you put it in his desk; I don't see him having the backbone to actually veto anything; when Democrats cave and Republicans cave things will get funded. Until then everybody plays the game.

Back
Top Bottom