• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump: 'I never directed Michael Cohen to break the law'

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46556676

US President Donald Trump has said he never directed his former private lawyer to break the law, a day after he was was sentenced to prison.

"He was a lawyer and he is supposed to know the law." Mr Trump tweeted of Michael Cohen, adding that he pleaded guilty "to embarrass the president".
========================================
I think this kind of blanket denial is why Cohen made that secret audio recording of Trump conspiring with him to pay AMI $150,000 in 'cash' to kill the story of a sexual affair before the election.

Only mobsters & the chiefs of drug cartels use huge amounts of cash. Trump must think the same way as these guys.

Oh sure, we believe you. A compulsive liar, sure, we believe you LOL

I think the conventional wisdom around the right wing kooler is, "Michael Cohen plead guilty to crimes that aren't against the law"

So, Trump just affirmed their beliefs. Nevermind that he's been lying about this from the start. Nevermind those sweet whispers on Air Force One of, "I don't know. You'll have to ask my lawyer."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46556676

US President Donald Trump has said he never directed his former private lawyer to break the law, a day after he was was sentenced to prison.

"He was a lawyer and he is supposed to know the law." Mr Trump tweeted of Michael Cohen, adding that he pleaded guilty "to embarrass the president".
I think this kind of blanket denial is why Cohen made that secret audio recording of Trump conspiring with him to pay AMI $150,000 in 'cash' to kill the story of a sexual affair before the election.

Only mobsters & the chiefs of drug cartels use huge amounts of cash. Trump must think the same way as these guys.

Great so put him on the stand and under oath.

Red:
At this point, Trump's lied so inveterately that his un-trothed declarations of what he ever said or did are worthless as statements about what be or be not existential.

A liar is always lavish of oaths.​
-- Pierre Corneille​

Trump has in only the last week clearly figured out that the Elite are coming for him, that the plan was just as I said it was two years ago.....Humiliate Trump so badly with everything that can be picked up and used as a weapon against him that no one will ever dare do this again. By "This" I mean defy the owners of this nation, which are most certainly not the people.

Carlin was right all along.

BOO

Trump has in only the last week clearly figured out that the Elite are coming for him, that the plan was just as I said it was two years ago.....Humiliate Trump so badly with everything that can be picked up and used as a weapon against him that no one will ever dare do this again. By "This" I mean defy the owners of this nation, which are most certainly not the people.

BOO

This old tweet from 2016 from David Plouffe, Barack Obama’s campaign manager in 2008 and later a senior advisor to the president:

It is not enough to simply beat Trump. He must be destroyed thoroughly. His kind must not rise again.

— David Plouffe (@davidplouffe) June 13, 2016

BOO

You can't escape the facts:

1. Cohen committed a crime
2. Cohen in his plea implicated Trump in a crime
3. In order to make that plea, prosecutors would need evidence that supports Cohen's plea implicating Trump in a crime

This old tweet from 2016 from David Plouffe, Barack Obama’s campaign manager in 2008 and later a senior advisor to the president:

It is not enough to simply beat Trump. He must be destroyed thoroughly. His kind must not rise again.

— David Plouffe (@davidplouffe) June 13, 2016

Ya and remember that the so-called journalists were talking like this for a few weeks after the election till they figured out that talking about the plan is not productive....from that point on there was an embargo on talking about the plan.

BOO

Seems to me like those "owners" are getting what they want from trump.

I don't see him defying those "owners". They're getting tax and regulation cuts.

It looks to me like he's giving them whatever they want for the same reason he cozies up to tyrants:

He wants to finally be accepted by the truly wealthy and powerful.

He wants to be in their "club".

3. In order to make that plea, prosecutors would need evidence that supports Cohen's plea implicating Trump in a crime

It is very difficult for anyone of us to get through a day without committing a crime now, the only thing that matters is whether power wants to come for us.

Ya and remember that the so-called journalists were talking like this for a few weeks after the election till they figured out that talking about the plan is not productive....from that point on there was an embargo on talking about the plan.

Hence the removal of that tweet by Plouffe himself not long after ...

Hence the removal of that tweet by Plouffe himself not long after ...

Every time I think that I have gotten to properly understanding how bad this nation has gotten I get proven wrong.

BOO

Trump humiliates himself, has done so from the get go. Nobody needs to do anything to humiliate him, he just has to open his mouth or tweet

It is very difficult for anyone of us to get through a day without committing a crime now, the only thing that matters is whether power wants to come for us.

It's very easy to not commit a crime, I don't know what the hell you're talking about. You just don't break the law, which is pretty damn easy to do on a daily basis.

They have the recording of Trump conspiring with Cohen to pay AMI to 'catch & kill' the McDougal affair story. What more do they need than him suggesting that they pat the money in cash?

my rule of thumb is that if you want to find the truth in a Trump statement, just look at the inverse. this particular statement is as good as an admission of guilt, IMO.

What more do they need other than that recording to prove Trump committed conspiracy to commit an election law violation & is now lying about it in typical fashion?

Back
Top Bottom