• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump: I could declassify documents by thinking about it

Actually...the President can. Everyone who has classification authority gets that authority from the President.
Thank you for clarifying again, that you "don't understand", but I guess it was necessary in your mind to make a rebuttal post anyway....

I'm curious...exactly what IS the process a President must go through to declassify stuff?
At the very minimum, they have to tell someone who actually can record that they are declassifying information (and that would depend on the information being declassified). Documents are not actually "declassified" in the way being presented.

If document 1 and document 2 both contain the same info but are located in different places, you can't claim you declassified document 1 without whoever is in charge of document 2 knows that the information they possess is now declassified too.

Just like if I(as President) say that "shelly hates almonds" is classified, and you write it down, you have to mark that information you just wrote down as classified. It is then treated as classified info, meaning you cannot share it with others. I (as President) could share it with others, but if I share it publicly, then it would need to be declassified, with someone going to find that piece of paper you wrote down that "shelly hates almonds" to ensure it is either declassified or properly disposed of. And you are also now free to tell others "shelly hates almonds".

If anyone disputes this, please provide laws or regulations that apply to the President to support your dispute. Anything else will be summarily dismissed.

btw, Politico...by deliberately leaving out pertinent quotes of what Trump actually said...is doing a disservice to the public. I suggest extreme skepticism when reading anything from them. Try to find out what they DIDN'T tell you.
It's amazing how you get your rocks off. Surely you can't believe what you wrote but you post it to be the contra person. It seems like you get a rise out of pissing other people off. There's really no way you actually believe this nonsense?

BTW it does take balls to ask people here to post absolute proof (which has been done and you don't accept) and then you post conspiracy theories, right wing pundit BS, completely unprovable and you do it without providing one link to anything.

I enjoy your posts in that I can't believe anyone thinks what you're suggesting is the truth so I marvel in your passion to spread misinformation.

Partial Image Extracted

Trying to Teach Trump to Stop "STEALING" and "STOP LYING"

1663887692627.png

DID NOT WORK!!!!!

Now - LOCK HIM UP FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE

Last edited:
Who has a need to know?

The person that has access to classified information. Having a clearance isn't enough, they also have to have a need to know. Biden revoked that from Trump. You obliviously have no idea about classified material handling.

I hope he uses the "just by thinking about it" defense in court!

His defense will be to run as the Republican nominee and then claim that the courts, federal bureaucracy, and Democrats are conspiring against him. I mean, this is the stuff of third world dictators. This is what Robert Mugabe would do.

does he have to tell anybody?

Classified information doesn't belong to the President; it's not his personal property, and they're not covered by any privilege. As Commander in Chief, he has the ultimate responsibility of deciding what information is classified and what isn't, yes, but only while he's president.

Here's the other obvious thing that isn't even being discussed. Just because he declassifies something doesn't mean he gets to keep them in boxes at his personal estate. They're not his property.

So nobody?
You're making no sense. People who have a clearance that access classified information have the clearance and a need to know. Trump had neither as an ex-President. He's toast. Not only is he in possession of possible classified information but he has documents that are NOT HIS to posses. Sorry you can't understand the BASICS of classified material handling and government property.

Back
Top Bottom