• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump: Howard Schultz doesn’t have the ‘guts’ to run for president

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Howard Schultz doesn’t have the “guts” to run for President! Watched him on @60Minutes last night and I agree with him that he is not the “smartest person.” Besides, America already has that! I only hope that Starbucks is still paying me their rent in Trump Tower!

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/28/tru...oesnt-have-the-guts-to-run-for-president.html

President Trump should be very careful. Howard Schultz is a very powerful businessman. A real competitor that has a chance to win in 2020!

My how presidential Trump it is to make comments like that. Sadly we've accepted it as the new norm. I can't imagine any of Trump's predecessors talking like that.

Last edited:
My how presidential Trump is to make comments like that. Sadly we've accepted it as the new norm. I can't imagine any of Trump's predecessors talking like that.

That's trump's attempt at reverse psychology, it works on him so he thought he would try it on others.

My how presidential Trump it is to make comments like that. Sadly we've accepted it as the new norm. I can't imagine any of Trump's predecessors talking like that.

This is Trumps version of "don't throw me in that briar patch".

Seriously. The worst part is he is so childishly petty: "I only hope that Starbucks is still paying me their rent in Trump Tower!"...I mean, really?

I can't wait for Schultz to get Trump elected in 2020 because he feels the need to defend his billionaire honor.

No third party candidate has a chance of defeating Benito McCheeto. It's going to have to be the Democrat. Jill Stein should sit this one out, as well, IMO.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/28/tru...oesnt-have-the-guts-to-run-for-president.html

President Trump should be very careful. Howard Schultz is a very powerful businessman. A real competitor that has a chance to win in 2020!

Trump may know that Schultz is a very competitive person. You don't turn an 11 store coffee company into a worldwide giant without being so. So Trump may try to bait Schultz to enter thinking he can't win.

Trouble is if the Democrats go far left and you have Trump as the Republican that leaves a wide open space for a center left democrat. One who won't boast about it but is materially wealthier than Trump. He is truly self-made coming from the projects in NYC. A person who as CEO was out there offering college, stock options to all his workers.

Not someone to be taken lightly.

Mr. Schultz's entrance as a third-party candidate would split the Democratic vote.

Enraged Democrats would then boycott that coffeehouse chain.

Therefore, Mr. Schultz will be "persuaded" not to run.

Mr. Schultz's entrance as a third-party candidate would split the Democratic vote.

Enraged Democrats would then boycott that coffeehouse chain.

Therefore, Mr. Schultz will be "persuaded" not to run.

You are crazy. No one is boycotting Starbucks.

I wonder whether you would say that if President Trump were the owner of Starbucks.

People will not boycott Starbucks because;

1. They offer free wi-fi and it allows people to have a free home office

2. Employees no longer bother you if you are just there to use the wi-fi or even sit down and order nothing.

3. Starbucks compared to other coffee chains have much more space

4. The menu is reasonably priced

5. Homeless people need shelter to hang out.

6. Most boycotts are rather silly. Boycotting a coffee chain because the founder wants to run for president? Silly.

Boycotting a coffee chain because the founder wants to run for president? Silly.

You are 100% right.

BUT many (not all) liberals are "silly."

I have just read that some liberals are, in fact, threatening a boycott. Where did I read this? Well, of course, the website that tells us what is REALLY happening in this "unique" nation: The Drudge Report.

You are crazy. No one is boycotting Starbucks.

You can bet that if he decides to run and starts polling well with moderate Dems, most every other Dem would stop buying Starbucks coffee. That's a lot of coffee drinkers and could have a major impact.

I'll miss my Americanos...

That's trump's attempt at reverse psychology, it works on him so he thought he would try it on others.

It works on the dimwits who voted for him, too. Didn't work on Nancy Pelosi though.

People will not boycott Starbucks because;

1. They offer free wi-fi and it allows people to have a free home office

2. Employees no longer bother you if you are just there to use the wi-fi or even sit down and order nothing.

3. Starbucks compared to other coffee chains have much more space

4. The menu is reasonably priced

5. Homeless people need shelter to hang out.

6. Most boycotts are rather silly. Boycotting a coffee chain because the founder wants to run for president? Silly.

Your points are all true, but you're under estimating how motivating Trump is to the Dems. Everyone knows Trump and The Cult would love to have him run. That'll be enough to motivate most non-Trumpettes...

I expect Republicans to be extremely encouraging to Schultz. Getting people like him to run as a third party ticket is the only hope Trump has of keeping in office.
Yep. Splitting the lib/independent vote is a win for Trump.

No third party candidate has a chance of defeating Benito McCheeto. It's going to have to be the Democrat. Jill Stein should sit this one out, as well, IMO.

Which is why Trump said what he said. Trump wants him to run 3rd party.

Back
Top Bottom